Author Topic: aurora.exe issue  (Read 3646 times)

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
Re: aurora.exe issue
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2021, 05:38:52 AM »
please for the love of all that is Holy unless you are an Enterprise save your money and don't pay for AV/AM software Windows Defender is more than good enough for personal computers ( source me a security engineer)

The following users thanked this post: Zap0

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 04:41:30 AM »
Over the last month McAfee has started recognizing Aurora.exe as a virus. Never happened to me before, have always run McAfee with Aurora. My Aurora is installed as C:\Aurora. I keep restoring it but only once have I managed to run Aurora

McAfee classes it as:

Virus details
           Real Protect - PEFT!38E6B72DD704
           C:\Aurora\Aurora.exe
IanD

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2022, 06:08:08 AM »
please for the love of all that is Holy unless you are an Enterprise save your money and don't pay for AV/AM software Windows Defender is more than good enough for personal computers ( source me a security engineer)

I agree... I even stopped using AV applications eons ago as they are just bloatware if you know what you are doing. I have been a computer engineer pretty much all my life. I used to give it to my family members though who I did not trust to handle stuff properly, but today Windows Defender is good enough... have not installed any AV applications on any computers for many years.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2022, 10:45:45 PM »
Yup, absolutely agree. Just uninstall your AV, they are pretty much useless now and just make life more difficult.