Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 39858 times)

Offline Kiero

• Bronze Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • In space no one can hear you scream.
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2023, 01:20:04 AM »
Miscellaneous Components can now be researched normally and will appear in the Logistics category.

Miscellaneous components do not appear in the Logistic Tab anymore.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:16:30 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2023, 09:15:52 PM »
Terraforming installations are counting as one fewer than the number I actually have. 

Mars w/5 installations has a capacity of 0.0045 atm;  Luna with 1 has no capacity. 

I move one of them: 

Mars w/4 has 0.0034, a reduction of a fourth rather than a fifth.  Luna with 2 has 0.0043. 

I move another: 

Mars w/3 has 0.0023, one-third lower instead of one-quarter.  Luna with 3 has 0.0086, a doubling rather than a 50% increase. 

And so on. 

SJW: Probably caused by rounding problems when transporting 1/3rd of an installation. Terraforming Installations have been changed to 50,000 cargo point in v2.2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:23:16 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline kyonkundenwa

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2023, 11:18:17 PM »
Terraforming installations are counting as one fewer than the number I actually have.   
Sounds like you lost a portion of an installation at some point. You could fix it in SM mode by setting the number of installations at each location to an integer value, or you could just wait and see if the "missing" installation appears once all installations have been transported and all the decimals get added up.

The following users thanked this post: Bryan Swartz

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #228 on: September 11, 2023, 01:22:43 AM »
Thanks - I didn't think it would affect two different locations if it was just a rounding error, but SM says it is.  That will go away in 2.2 then. 

Offline IceKobold

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #229 on: September 13, 2023, 09:05:27 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just something I don't understand.   But I have a group of hostile contacts which I keep losing contact with each pulse (regardless of length)  and then re-establishing contact with 5 seconds into the next pulse. . . even when they're deep inside my active sensor range.   It's too quick for them to be transiting an unknown warp point and coming back, right?  Let me know if there's anything else that'd be useful.

SJW: Probably Raiders. Not a bug, but I have changed their behaviour for v2.2 to address this situation
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 10:21:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #230 on: September 13, 2023, 09:40:27 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just something I don't understand.   But I have a group of hostile contacts which I keep losing contact with each pulse (regardless of length)  and then re-establishing contact with 5 seconds into the next pulse. . . even when they're deep inside my active sensor range.   It's too quick for them to be transiting an unknown warp point and coming back, right?  Let me know if there's anything else that'd be useful.

This is not a bug. These are Raiders; looks like they are popping into the system through their super-sneaky not-a-jump-point, seeing your active sensor, getting scared, and immediately jumping out.

Steve - It might make sense to change this AI behavior even though it's not a bug. This is the same kind of thing as the AI jumping through a jump gate every 5 seconds and that was changed as it leads to a similarly poor gameplay experience. Maybe this is already fixed in 2.2 though, I recall there is a change so the AI remembers contacts for a while now.

Offline IceKobold

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #231 on: September 13, 2023, 12:27:36 PM »
Quote from: nuclearslurpee link=topic=13078. msg165809#msg165809 date=1694616027
Quote from: IceKobold link=topic=13078. msg165808#msg165808 date=1694613927
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just something I don't understand.    But I have a group of hostile contacts which I keep losing contact with each pulse (regardless of length)  and then re-establishing contact with 5 seconds into the next pulse.  .  .  even when they're deep inside my active sensor range.    It's too quick for them to be transiting an unknown warp point and coming back, right?  Let me know if there's anything else that'd be useful.

This is not a bug.  These are Raiders; looks like they are popping into the system through their super-sneaky not-a-jump-point, seeing your active sensor, getting scared, and immediately jumping out.

Oh.   That explains why they first appeared in the Sol system then, I guess.   I thought I had Raiders turned off, though. . . oops, no, I left them on this game.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #232 on: September 14, 2023, 05:39:04 AM »
Something strange, I have downloaded everything, installed it, then I make my own game. productionpoints and researchpoints is about 100 times more than it should, in both conventional and trans-Newtonian start...

SJW: Confirmed below as decimal separator issue
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:01:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #233 on: September 14, 2023, 05:52:25 AM »
Something strange, I have downloaded everything, installed it, then I make my own game. productionpoints and researchpoints is about 100 times more than it should, in both conventional and trans-Newtonian start...

Check your decimal separator.

The following users thanked this post: ExChairman

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #234 on: September 14, 2023, 08:40:54 AM »

Check your decimal separator.

Upgraded to win 11 and totaly forgot about that...
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2023, 08:11:15 PM »
Sounds like you lost a portion of an installation at some point. You could fix it in SM mode by setting the number of installations at each location to an integer value, or you could just wait and see if the "missing" installation appears once all installations have been transported and all the decimals get added up.

I found that when you move terraforming installations you need to either have more cargo holds than required for all of them or you'll want to have a fleet with cargo holds in multiples of 3.  Since it takes 3 cargo holds to transport one installation it will transport .333333... and then when you come back for the rest you get .66666... and .99999... the leftover bit can get lost. 

SJW: It's been changed to 2 cargo holds for v2.2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 06:59:48 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Ragnarsson

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2023, 09:27:22 PM »
I found that when you move terraforming installations you need to either have more cargo holds than required for all of them or you'll want to have a fleet with cargo holds in multiples of 3.  Since it takes 3 cargo holds to transport one installation it will transport .333333... and then when you come back for the rest you get .66666... and .99999... the leftover bit can get lost.
This will be changed in the next version, as per the notes at http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13090.0

Terraforming Installations changed to 50,000 cargo points.

Offline IceKobold

• Leading Rate
  • I
« Reply #237 on: September 27, 2023, 12:42:31 PM »
After researching minimum squadron jump size 8, the tech design screen is not auto-filling jump engine size, and is kicking out a "function 1050:  object reference not set to an instance of an object", presumably in relation to that empty field for jump engine size.   

Conventional start, random stars, decimal is a decimal point, and it's reproducible—it keeps popping up after closing and re-opening the project window as well as after closing and re-starting the game.

Um, and only 9 years in.   I have research set globally to 400% if that matters.

Doesn't seem to be any problem with functionality; once I fill in the blank I can design & research jump drives.

SJW: Fixed for v2.2
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:00:27 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #238 on: September 27, 2023, 01:33:16 PM »
After researching minimum squadron jump size 8, the tech design screen is not auto-filling jump engine size, and is kicking out a "function 1050:  object reference not set to an instance of an object", presumably in relation to that empty field for jump engine size.   

Conventional start, random stars, decimal is a decimal point, and it's reproducible—it keeps popping up after closing and re-opening the project window as well as after closing and re-starting the game.

Um, and only 9 years in.   I have research set globally to 400% if that matters.

Doesn't seem to be any problem with functionality; once I fill in the blank I can design & research jump drives.

Yes, its a known bug with a fix already in the next version.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13090.0

The following users thanked this post: IceKobold

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2023, 05:40:08 PM »
When a fleet is in a training admin and goes past it's deployment time, Training starts to go down and can go negative.
This doesn't happen in other situations where ships are beyond their deployment time or at 25% morale. Only when in a training admin.

A little awkward since even when the ships are overhauling their deployment clock doesn't rewind. (Which does rewind during overhaul outside of a training admin)
Makes the micro a little heavy with low deployment fleets.