Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 273098 times)

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #2070 on: August 24, 2021, 02:49:37 PM »
It would be nice to have a flag for NO Civilian Mining Colonies.

You could just make an empty colony on any planet you want exclusive mining rights in, couldn't you?

Yes. But it would still be nice to have a flag for it to remove the micromanagement involved in doing this.

Offline MrHuman

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #2071 on: August 25, 2021, 11:38:00 AM »
Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I have an idea for civilian colonist transport.  Under the current system civilian colony ships can remove more population from a colony than you want them to or sometimes even completely empty out the closest available "source" colony, which then gets set to a "destination" colony since it is below the 10m minimum for a population source, so the civilian fleet will now continually deliver more colonists there.

My suggestion to fix this is to be able to set a target population that the civilian shipping aims to fulfill.  Set the target of e. g.  Luna to 50m, the civilian shipping will start by shipping people there until the population reaches 50m, and then as the population grows naturally ship them off to other colonies but never below the target that was set.  This target number could even be set to match the current worker requirement of the colony.

The following users thanked this post: Foxxonius Augustus, Gabrote42

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2072 on: August 25, 2021, 05:29:20 PM »
Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I have an idea for civilian colonist transport.  Under the current system civilian colony ships can remove more population from a colony than you want them to or sometimes even completely empty out the closest available "source" colony, which then gets set to a "destination" colony since it is below the 10m minimum for a population source, so the civilian fleet will now continually deliver more colonists there.

My suggestion to fix this is to be able to set a target population that the civilian shipping aims to fulfill.  Set the target of e. g.  Luna to 50m, the civilian shipping will start by shipping people there until the population reaches 50m, and then as the population grows naturally ship them off to other colonies but never below the target that was set.  This target number could even be set to match the current worker requirement of the colony.

Might be nice, i would also be in favor of a check that would stop civilian colony ships from pulling population off a world if it would put the production sector into negative workforce.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, MrHuman, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline Elminster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #2073 on: August 26, 2021, 02:24:14 AM »
Might be nice, i would also be in favor of a check that would stop civilian colony ships from pulling population off a world if it would put the production sector into negative workforce.
Aside from this, a checkbox for "Emergency Evacuation" would be nice. So the civilian sector and government colony ships on "Standing Order"-duty prioritize pulling population.
Maybe with a dropdown for preferred destination.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, MrHuman

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2074 on: August 27, 2021, 12:39:15 AM »
A QoL suggestion: getting a reminder that after finishing certain research the development of a new planned component is possible would help in managing ones empire. Let me give an example:

I designed a new research project as a prototype with "Next Tech". It is marked as FP for "Future Prototype". Now I first have to research the base techs to switch it from FP to P - so I can research that Prototype. But due to all the other stuff I have to manage, when the base techs are finished I forget to research the Future Prototype. So If any FP switches from FP to P it would be nice if the game could send that info to the event log. Something like: "Research of Future Prototype ... is now possible."

As a bonus, if all prototypes for a ship class are finished it would also be nice to get a reminder into the event log that that ship class can now be locked and build.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #2075 on: August 27, 2021, 05:26:52 AM »
Something I'd like would be a game setting that let me change the refit cost for ships - eg make it 150% of standard cost or whatever, but leave construction of new ships unchanged.

I'd like to make big refits less attractive in my games, so I'd need to put more thought into what components to modernise, and incentivise keeping older types around for second line roles.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #2076 on: August 27, 2021, 02:16:11 PM »

You could just make an empty colony on any planet you want exclusive mining rights in, couldn't you?

Yes. But it would still be nice to have a flag for it to remove the micromanagement involved in doing this.

Wouldn't it be the same amount of micro-managment to check a box saying 'No Civilian Mining Colonies' as it is to press a button saying 'Create Colony'?

Perhaps you don't want it cluttering up the colony screen, but if you are restricting a planet from being used by civilians I assume you intend to use it yourself anyways.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2077 on: August 27, 2021, 03:18:02 PM »
I think he means no civilian colonies period.

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #2078 on: August 27, 2021, 03:52:57 PM »

Perhaps a flag by system would be a good method.

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2079 on: August 27, 2021, 06:23:49 PM »

Like the game settings to toggle Civilian shipping/harvesting

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #2080 on: August 27, 2021, 09:25:13 PM »

Wouldn't it be the same amount of micro-managment to check a box saying 'No Civilian Mining Colonies' as it is to press a button saying 'Create Colony'?

Perhaps you don't want it cluttering up the colony screen, but if you are restricting a planet from being used by civilians I assume you intend to use it yourself anyways.

I can't speak for froggie, but what I want is a global flag on the game settings screen for this. One click, no CMCs. As ArcWolf pointed out, we already have them for civ shipping and civ fuel harvesters.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Gabrote42

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2081 on: August 27, 2021, 11:45:56 PM »

I can't speak for froggie, but what I want is a global flag on the game settings screen for this. One click, no CMCs. As ArcWolf pointed out, we already have them for civ shipping and civ fuel harvesters.

Correct.

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2082 on: August 28, 2021, 12:20:20 AM »

I personally would probably never use it, but I know other would and more options is never a bad thing.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2083 on: August 28, 2021, 02:48:14 AM »
Could we get some kind of checkbox for our missile fire controls to not engage enemy size 1 missiles? Most likely for Ship Combat window in Naval Organization. It would remove a bit of micro when we deal with massed AMM strikes used in offensive mode.

Offline Peregrine

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • P
« Reply #2084 on: August 28, 2021, 08:44:44 AM »
A heatmap for the tactical system map screen showing the overlapping active/passive sensor coverages for certain resolution/signatures.  Right now, all of the individual overlapping sensor coverages are drown at the same time, making it hard to read when using a distributed DSTS network for example.  A simple two-colour overlay should work for this.

Alternatively/additionally, allow us to toggle the sensor labels drown over the specific sensor's coverage.