Author Topic: What is going on with swarm generation chance  (Read 4584 times)

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
Re: What is going on with swarm generation chance
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 05:49:39 AM »
Yes it is a bit odd, I’ve never come across them either and have played quite a few games now.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2021, 07:38:08 PM »
I just ran into them in my 1.12 campaign....and discovered Steves little surprise  Thanks for that Mr Walsmley I had quite a few anxious moments there!

Slàinte,

Mike

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 11:20:03 PM »
I was not fortunate enough to find them either. After surveying 150 of the 300 stars in my game, there was still no swarm to be found. I was even coming here and to youtube to see what it looked like and there is nothing out, which is great and annoying at the same time. I would love to see the nasty things Steve came up with.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2021, 01:10:19 PM »
30 Mars2205 14:35:50

Sensor operator: James Parkinsson: SIR! Is this Planet P ??? We have thousends of Search Sensors activating...
Commander Tang Ok-Myung: Evasive maneuvers!!  :-X

30 Mars2205 14:35:55
Computer voice: ABANDOND SHIP! ABANDOND SHIP!!

Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2021, 01:12:44 PM »

Sensor operator: James Parkinsson: SIR! Is this Planet P ??? We have thousends of Search Sensors activating...

Oh boy. The 27 crew on those lifepods are in for an agonizing last 14 days of their lives.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2021, 01:17:25 PM »

Yea, but how the heck am I going to clear that vypers nest? Almost 11 000 hits... :o

I have to get a lot of research in beam fire range done...
Oh boy. The 27 crew on those lifepods are in for an agonizing last 14 days of their lives.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline ISN

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 10:13:06 PM »
Have people figured out what's going on with the swarm? I haven't run into them in any of the C# games I've played. I've been poking around the database a bit to try to figure out what's going on, but haven't had much luck. It seems like the swarms are being generated just fine, they just aren't being given any ships. According to the database there are two swarms in my current game, both in systems I've discovered, one of which was discovered over 30 years ago -- but still no ships. I tried using the Create Swarm button in one of my systems, but it was the same story: it added a swarm race in the database, but without any ships.

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2021, 01:24:53 AM »
I just got one, two jumps from homeworld that boarded my poor little unarmed and slow survey ship.  The crew is now Soylent Green :-(

Time to send in the Battleship scouts...
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2021, 03:10:15 AM »
Have people figured out what's going on with the swarm? I haven't run into them in any of the C# games I've played. I've been poking around the database a bit to try to figure out what's going on, but haven't had much luck. It seems like the swarms are being generated just fine, they just aren't being given any ships. According to the database there are two swarms in my current game, both in systems I've discovered, one of which was discovered over 30 years ago -- but still no ships. I tried using the Create Swarm button in one of my systems, but it was the same story: it added a swarm race in the database, but without any ships.

Had same issue in 1.12. When I tried to create swarm, I got an error message, but it appeared in the database just fine. Except it didn't have any ships. In 1.13 I didn't check whether it appears in db (I didn't save after attempting to create them), this time there's no error message but still nothing gets created. Unlike in 1.12, that was in db without any edits...

Would be glad if someone knew what the hell is going on. Because from what I heard apparently on a fresh install swarm generation works.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 08:35:13 AM »
Had same issue in 1.12. When I tried to create swarm, I got an error message, but it appeared in the database just fine. Except it didn't have any ships. In 1.13 I didn't check whether it appears in db (I didn't save after attempting to create them), this time there's no error message but still nothing gets created. Unlike in 1.12, that was in db without any edits...

Would be glad if someone knew what the hell is going on. Because from what I heard apparently on a fresh install swarm generation works.

I tried to generate the swarm in my game and it worked correctly, unfortunately as Steve is on different incompatible version of the database, it will be most likely difficult to find out what is the issue.

Offline Silvarelion

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2021, 09:04:08 AM »
I found the Swarm in my last game.  Well, it was more like they got generated with my grav surveyor, and didn't get discovered until they were through the JP one jump from Sol and starting to munch on my civilians.  Mars was bug food and I was still 6 months away from my first effective military ship, so that universe was abandoned to the bugs.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2021, 01:13:44 PM »

I tried to generate the swarm in my game and it worked correctly, unfortunately as Steve is on different incompatible version of the database, it will be most likely difficult to find out what is the issue.

I know and it's unfortunate. One version, especially after some dB edits (npr purges in the holy name of performance...), I can understand, but a second version, this time tested without any edits or patches and the problem is still there and nobody is able to tell me what's going on, then that's worrying. I wonder if the bug is so deep that even my base 1.5 install is screwed or something, regardless of the patch I put on top of it.