Starfire > Starfire Rules

Starfire 3rd edition Ground Combat

(1/1)

Kiero:
I wanted to calculate the CFP, but found an inaccuracy in the rules:

point 21.04.02 (Imperial Starfire) - the basic value is 1 + 0.3 for each HT level, i.e. for HTL1 10 PCF = 13 CFP

however in:
point 27.01 (Starfire 3rd edition revised 2012) - the basic value is 2 + 1 for HT level, i.e. for HTL1 10 PCF = 30 CFP

which one to use?

Kurt:

--- Quote from: Kiero on May 16, 2023, 08:34:38 AM ---I wanted to calculate the CFP, but found an inaccuracy in the rules:

point 21.04.02 (Imperial Starfire) - the basic value is 1 + 0.3 for each HT level, i.e. for HTL1 10 PCF = 13 CFP

however in:
point 27.01 (Starfire 3rd edition revised 2012) - the basic value is 2 + 1 for HT level, i.e. for HTL1 10 PCF = 30 CFP

which one to use?

--- End quote ---

That is up to you, however, 3rd Ed Rev is more recent, so you might want to go with that. 

Kiero:
This ground combat system seems to have been treated without any deep thought.
Effectiveness depends on a single throw of D100. This seems heavily unfair, do you know of any house rules for this?

Andrew:
Usually ground combat is resolved by a warship in orbit firing a missile at each ground unit, which makes the ground combat system very secondary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version