C# Fiction > Zap0's Fiction

Race to the Stars - Comments Thread

(1/20) > >>

Triato:
Finally the chinese are having some luck!

Froggiest1982:

--- Quote from: Zap0 on September 12, 2020, 07:56:16 PM ---A 5d increment takes about 20s time to process for me at current.

--- End quote ---

You have many empires, so many civilians. In my game I have turn the time back to 5/7 secs by purging them plus another thing I left at the end. So I keep around only civilian companies with a decent amount of ships and get the rid of the others. For instance I had an average of 5 civvies per race (3 in total) and I kept only the biggest per race plus another race I kept a second one because strangely there werent enough freighters in the big company. Both lagging and zooming issues were sorted in many systems as well.

I have also removed all other games and kept only the one I was playing. But this helped most with loading times as these were getting pretty long as well (around the minute versus 30/40 secs after the purge).

You can try to see if works for you by copying the database as backup, do the procudure and save.

Beware: First save will still be a long one, maybe longer.

Finally I have been playing on HDD and want to move to SSD and see if there will be increase in performances as I suspect there should be at least in saving/loading but not processing, that should still land on CPU shoulders.

EDIT: you will encounter a non threatening bug http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg139813#msg139813

Black:

--- Quote from: froggiest1982 on September 12, 2020, 09:50:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Zap0 on September 12, 2020, 07:56:16 PM ---A 5d increment takes about 20s time to process for me at current.

--- End quote ---
Finally I have been playing on HDD and want to move to SSD and see if there will be increase in performances as I suspect there should be at least in saving/loading but not processing, that should still land on CPU shoulders.

EDIT: you will encounter a non threatening bug http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg139813#msg139813

--- End quote ---

Save times are definitely shorter with SSD in comparison with normal HDD, but turn time in my games was not affected. I even played from flash drive and only difference were long save times.

Zap0:

--- Quote from: froggiest1982 on September 12, 2020, 09:50:48 PM ---You have many empires, so many civilians.

--- End quote ---

SO MANY civilians. Over 37m tons of civilian shipping. The Chinese have not just one, but two lines with a hundred ships in them!
The universe being alive with activity is nice, but I actively fear getting the human empires into a war with another where they start targeting each others civilians or having an NPR prey on their shipping, as there are just so many ships to chew through.

The slowdown is still bearable to me, I'm sure it wouldn't if this was still VB6 Aurora. If it gets longer than I'm willing to tolerate I'll look into cutting down on the number of civvies. Is it really just as easy as deleting a line and all the associated ships will vanish with it, or would the ships need to be deleted individually?

Save and load times are in the same ballpark of ~20s with my fast SSD. The db file has expanded itself to 94MB now.

Froggiest1982:

--- Quote from: Zap0 on September 13, 2020, 07:25:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: froggiest1982 on September 12, 2020, 09:50:48 PM ---You have many empires, so many civilians.

--- End quote ---
Is it really just as easy as deleting a line and all the associated ships will vanish with it, or would the ships need to be deleted individually?

--- End quote ---

Yep, just as easy as that. You can try it out without saving.

At least they disappear from any view. I don't know if they remain in the database idle though. For that, you should have a look in there. Anyway, as long as they are gone I don't really care what happens behind the scenes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version