Author Topic: 4.6 Suggestions  (Read 1252 times)

Offline IanD (OP)

• Registered
  • Commodore
4.6 Suggestions
« on: November 06, 2009, 10:31:40 AM »
Steve
When exploring ruins it always puzzled me that there was only one city, settlement etc per planet, unless you hit the jackpot of Abandoned cities, so would it be possible for the Xeno team to look for other salvageable ruins on the same planet, which are of equal or smaller size than the first find but still of use? E.g. you find a ruined city, then a settlement and perhaps a colony or outpost subsequently. However, I suspect this is difficult, since at the moment if you hit the ruins button more than once for a planet you just get the latest ruin.

When is new tech discovered in ruins, is it when R&D labs are recovered by the Engineers?

Regards
IanD

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: 4.6 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 10:37:12 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Steve
When exploring ruins it always puzzled me that there was only one city, settlement etc per planet, unless you hit the jackpot of Abandoned cities, so would it be possible for the Xeno team to look for other salvageable ruins on the same planet, which are of equal or smaller size than the first find but still of use? E.g. you find a ruined city, then a settlement and perhaps a colony or outpost subsequently. However, I suspect this is difficult, since at the moment if you hit the ruins button more than once for a planet you just get the latest ruin.

When is new tech discovered in ruins, is it when R&D labs are recovered by the Engineers?

Regards

I don't think Tech is discovered from ruins?

From another post by Steve:

The random selection table in v4.3 ia as follows:

1-11 Minerals
12-15 Missiles
16-17 Mass Driver
18-22 Maintenance Facility
23-37 Construction Factory
38-45 Ordnance Factory
46-49 Fighter Factory
50 Spaceport
51-57 Fuel Refinery
58-71 Infrastructure
72-76 Tracking Station
77-82 Research Facility
83-87 Terraforming
88-94 Fuel
95-96 Ground Force Training Facility
97 Duranium
98 Neutronium
99 Sorium
100 Shipyard
101-150 Mines
151-200 Automated Mines

So double chance for Duranium/Neutronium/Sorium as 1-11 is random mineral

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 09:27:11 AM »
Yes. When you recover a lab there is a 25% chance of a new technology as well.

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 09:36:35 AM »
It is a good point about the single settlement, colony, etc. Perhaps a better way to handle ruins would be to describe the condition of the planetary ruins rather than the size of the ruins.  e.g. Almost complete destruction, some partial structures, occasional intact buildings, areas of partial destruction, etc. Or perhaps the age of the ruins is the main determinant of installations, with newer ruins having more intact structures. Simply listing an age for the ruins would solve the problem of finding a dozen ways to describe the level of destruction.

Or another idea is to use a combination of the above. Each planetary is rated for original population, age of ruins and type of destruction, with wars and cosmic disasters being more destructive than plagues or other biological catastrophes. The combination of the various factors would create a final number of intact installations.

Steve