Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 354640 times)

Droll, The_force and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #3300 on: May 14, 2023, 03:40:40 PM »
Is this a bug?

Yes, although so far it seems that it doesn't have any game-breaking effects? Could be a weird display bug.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3301 on: May 21, 2023, 02:44:23 PM »
Can anyone point me at the calculation for what the upper and lower displacement limits are for the 'refit from' selection options? First off, I know that refitting from a 20500 tonne warship class to a 25500 tonne warship class isn't even remotely sensible or efficient. I would like to do this for RP reasons only. The 20500 tonne class doesn't appear in the 'refit from' selection for the 25500 tonne class. I know I will have to refit the smaller class to a intermediate class before refitting again to the new class. What I don't know is how to work out the the intermediate class sizes to minimise the number of refits.

Thanks in advance

Welchbloke
Welchbloke

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3302 on: May 21, 2023, 03:00:51 PM »
Can anyone point me at the calculation for what the upper and lower displacement limits are for the 'refit from' selection options?

The tonnage of the new class must be within ±20% of the original class tonnage. In your case, a 20,500-ton ship can refit into a class which has a tonnage difference no greater than 4,100 tons, so the allowed range is between 16,400 and 24,600 tons. This means that 25,500 tons is not allowed (although you might be able to refit to an intermediate class and get there by refitting twice).

I am not clear on if this difference is inclusive of the endpoints; in my experience, you cannot count on this, but it might be due to the fact that the actual ship size is expressed to several decimal places (so a 20,500-ton ship might actually be 20,499.68 tons or something).

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3303 on: May 21, 2023, 03:08:43 PM »
Can anyone point me at the calculation for what the upper and lower displacement limits are for the 'refit from' selection options?

The tonnage of the new class must be within ±20% of the original class tonnage. In your case, a 20,500-ton ship can refit into a class which has a tonnage difference no greater than 4,100 tons, so the allowed range is between 16,400 and 24,600 tons. This means that 25,500 tons is not allowed (although you might be able to refit to an intermediate class and get there by refitting twice).

I am not clear on if this difference is inclusive of the endpoints; in my experience, you cannot count on this, but it might be due to the fact that the actual ship size is expressed to several decimal places (so a 20,500-ton ship might actually be 20,499.68 tons or something).
Thanks. Republic 'stretched' class it is then :)

Welchbloke
Welchbloke

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #3304 on: May 23, 2023, 04:29:54 AM »
Is there a way to cause / encourage a shipping line to form on a planet besides my home system?

No civilian ships have jump drives, so you need to stabilize any jump points you want your civilians to use. I think shipping lines will always build their ships at your home world, but the trade routes are not limited to starting or ending any any system in particular.

Civilian mining colonies seem to need a 10 million population colony in the system before they will form. Civilian traffic to/from a system also seems to pick up around that time, but I think that is mostly because at that size the population can consistently fill freighters with its produced and required trade goods.

I hope that is helpful, I am not entirely sure I addressed the question your were intending to ask.

Offline trabber Shir

• t
« Reply #3305 on: May 23, 2023, 04:36:30 AM »
Regarding Hydrographic Extent: Does it only consider liquid water? And is there any way to get liquid water on a planet with a temperature above 100C?

At 185C, temperature factor is only 1.3, but I can't get the water availability factor below 2.0.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3306 on: May 23, 2023, 07:45:07 AM »
Regarding Hydrographic Extent: Does it only consider liquid water? And is there any way to get liquid water on a planet with a temperature above 100C?

At 185C, temperature factor is only 1.3, but I can't get the water availability factor below 2.0.

Hydrographic Extent includes both liquid water and ice. You can't get liquid water on a planet with a stable orbit and a temperature above 100C. Planets with eccentric orbits can potentially have liquid water while they are above 100C, depending on the orbital characteristics.

You could use an anti-Greenhouse gas to reduce the temperature if you haven't done that already.

The following users thanked this post: trabber Shir

Offline lumporr

• l
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3307 on: May 24, 2023, 03:30:56 PM »
I'm trying to set up a game with the player as a vast galactic power, and multiple NPR allies within your territory, who can expand and potentially war with one another or threats beyond the player's borders. However, it seems that I can't get an NPR to be ok with a colony in their home system, even when I set/fix the diplomatic rating at 10,000. Is the DR setting only my attitude towards them, or is it just that nobody wants aliens in their home system? Would this idea work, or would there be territory disputes between the player and NPRs despite being allies?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 03:32:36 PM by lumporr »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3308 on: May 24, 2023, 04:01:50 PM »
Is the DR setting only my attitude towards them,

Yes. Their attitude towards you is hidden from you, so your only insight is the treaties they offer you. Or, you know, opening the DB.

or is it just that nobody wants aliens in their home system? Would this idea work, or would there be territory disputes between the player and NPRs despite being allies?

It could work if you don't mind popping into the DB and editing the relations every so often, although if you want the possibility for things to go sour in a "natural" way, this would make that difficult. Unfortunately, Aurora is not really set up for playing Space Crusader Kings.

The following users thanked this post: lumporr

Offline superstrijder15

• s
« Reply #3309 on: June 16, 2023, 11:56:08 AM »
IIRC in VB6 you had to seperately assign a commander to the flag bridge of a ship if you wanted someone in overall control of a task force other than the ship captain of that ship. Is that still the case in C#? How do you do it?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3310 on: June 16, 2023, 02:13:01 PM »
IIRC in VB6 you had to seperately assign a commander to the flag bridge of a ship if you wanted someone in overall control of a task force other than the ship captain of that ship. Is that still the case in C#? How do you do it?

Yes. There is a category in the list of assignment options in the Commanders window, but they must be the correct rank to make the assignment show up.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline superstrijder15

• s
« Reply #3311 on: June 16, 2023, 02:44:54 PM »

Yes. There is a category in the list of assignment options in the Commanders window, but they must be the correct rank to make the assignment show up.

I see, thanks. It is possible to automate it? I looked and all of my flag bridges were still empty.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3312 on: June 16, 2023, 03:09:11 PM »
I see, thanks. It is possible to automate it? I looked and all of my flag bridges were still empty.

Not that I know of, no. Maybe Steve can add this at the same time he adds my suggestion to rework flag bridges into mini-HQs.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline superstrijder15

• s
« Reply #3313 on: June 18, 2023, 06:25:00 AM »
Is there a way for me to change the display flag of NPR in the intelligence window? I want to change the flag of the raiders into a pirate flag so I can give them control on the star map where they are to easily see where I need to watch out for them extra/not send any civilian ships. Their current flag is kind of similar to that of a friendly NPR.

Also, is there a way in game to make my own intelligence notes?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3314 on: June 18, 2023, 08:59:57 AM »
Is there a way for me to change the display flag of NPR in the intelligence window? I want to change the flag of the raiders into a pirate flag so I can give them control on the star map where they are to easily see where I need to watch out for them extra/not send any civilian ships. Their current flag is kind of similar to that of a friendly NPR.

If you are in SM mode there should be a button to do this IIRC.

Also, is there a way in game to make my own intelligence notes?

No. In general, I find that Aurora is best played if you accept that you will need an external notepad or spreadsheet to keep track of things. Maybe I'm just old-school like that...?