Author Topic: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 38678 times)

Offline bankshot

• Lieutenant
  • b
Re: v2.1.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2022, 01:19:22 PM »
Currently 10,831KB, my 1.13 game got up to 46,643KB so I'd say it is still small-ish. 

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2022, 01:35:15 PM »
I encountered strange issue with order of planets in system. I added some new planets through SM mode and later noticed this:

I renamed planets to have correct number that corresponds to the position in the system, but originally the names were doubled. So there we two planets with same number I-V.

Real stars game and no modifications to the database.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2022, 05:49:41 PM »
I tried using a flag outside the Aurora folder. Not sure if this is how things are supposed to be and the game doesn't let me do this for safety, or what, but I don't recall this being known behavior...

Function #2578: C:\Games\Aurora 4X\Flags\Fay flag.png

SJW: You can only use flags from the Flags folder
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 07:54:34 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Heb

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • H
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2022, 06:15:41 PM »
Single stage missiles with sensors that are targeted at waypoints do not search for new targets.  I remember this being possible in VB6.  These missiles can detect the thermal contact at over 3 million km, but never change their target from the waypoint, even if the waypoint is deleted.  Doing it the conventional way by getting an active sensor lock to target the missiles, then turning off the active sensor when they are within thermal sensor range does make them reacquire the contact as expected and kill it.

I am unsure if this is a bug or working as intended and single stage missiles with sensors are now only supposed to be used as probes.  If it is intended then I should move over to suggestions for a way to specify during missile design (say, if it has a warhead) whether you are making a probe that should only move to a waypoint, or a missile that should chase new contacts.  I am aware that blind firing is possible with 2-stage missiles, but wish it worked without that added complexity.

Online CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2022, 03:14:32 AM »
I am running a Real Stars game (no mods) with 3 factions on Earth (2 NPRs).

After about 5 years the 2 NPRs started a war between them and when the loser surrendered, they surrendered to me instead of to the victor.

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2022, 05:34:52 AM »
I get in random intervalls the error message: 2.1.1 Function #2092: The value for a decimal was to big or to small.
It happens on the tactical view when advancing time 1 Day with autoturns.

additional info:
Conventional start
Real stars
decimal separator is "."
The campaign is now 87 years long (starting NPR = 0 and I have not left Sol yet)

*edit: It seems to occur when officers change, like retirement/assignment/skill change but could be coincidentally.

SJW: Related to manned mines on Venus (see below). Added check to prevent this in future.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:00:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2022, 07:04:48 AM »
I get in random intervalls the error message: 2.1.1 Function #2092: The value for a decimal was to big or to small.

additional info:
Conventional start
Real stars
decimal separator is "."
The campaign is now 87 years long (starting NPR = 0 and I have not left Sol yet)

*edit: It seems to occur when officers change, like retirement/assignment/skill change but could be coincidentally.

#2092 is related to the creation of mass driver packets. Do you have any that are unusually large or small?

Offline Zerkuron

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Z
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2022, 07:17:06 AM »

additional info:
Conventional start
Real stars
decimal separator is "."

#2092 is related to the creation of mass driver packets. Do you have any that are unusually large or small?

Thx for the reply. The issue seems to be resolved.

I checked all my colonies. One of them, Venus, had CMC and a population with mines. The manufacturing efficiency was at 0%. It seems that the CMC mass driver was trying to send mineral packages of from the manned mines, which do not produce, due to the unavailability of manufacturing workforce.

I removed the manned mines and the error did not pop up since.

Offline MaxKaladin

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2022, 11:00:56 AM »
I got "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors twice.   Both were in the same game session (the game had not been shut down in between them) so this could be something that was just a fluke and won't happen again.   I'm embarrassed to say I didn't grab a screenshot of either error. 

I can tell you exactly what I was doing both times.   On both occasions, the error occurred when a survey ship explored a new jump point and a new system was generated.   In both cases, there were habitable (CC <2) planets in the system with inhabitants on them.   In both cases, no fleets were generated for those alien races. , just populations.   

In one case, they seem to have nothing and won't talk to me despite me having a diplomatic ship over their planet with active sensors and friendly transponder on for years.   When I say they won't talk to me, I mean I'm not even getting any message about them refusing to communicate or not being unable to translate or anything like that.   Just no messages at all.   There is a dormant construct on a different planet in the system.   Maybe they're some kind of spoiler?  I don't know if it's possible to find "primitive" races that don't have technology.   If so, maybe it's that.   

The other one is a bit stranger.   As I approached the planet, I detected a second population on the planet (and I think I got the same error message but it was late and a few days ago so I can't remember).   They did have a small amount of ground forces and some STOs that shot at my survey ship.   I also parked a diplomatic ship nearby and I did get messages about one race refusing to talk.   No messages about the other.   I also had a ship with ELINT gear parked outside of range and it never got any intelligence on them.   Seeing how they shot at me and won't talk and, er, well, their planet is so nice and their ground forces were so small, I decided to dump a large ground force on the planet to take it.   Bad, bad idea, apparently.   Turns out one of those races is called "Rhakas" or something like that and they slaughtered over 150k tons of ground forces without taking any casualties that I can tell.  I can tell because I got combat reports while fighting that said that various ground units had been identified as rhakas (whatever) but no casualty reports for them.   The other race on the planet doesn't appear to be interacting with me or the rhakas at all.

My guess is that something is going on with generating new NPRs or what people call "spoilers".   (Speaking of which, I have not encountered the new "spoiler" despite having a couple dozen systems explored.   

I had originally encountered an NPR that appears to have been generated normally.   I only got one jump point in SOL and I made more with SM after encountering the first NPR and I got these errors after while exploring beyond those so maybe that's connected?

I've continued to explore in hopes of generating the error again so I can get a screenshot but I have not found any new NPRs since.   

I have copies of the database from after the first but before the second error.   I tried exploring the same jump point as the second again from the save but didn't get the same system or an NPR or an error.   I also have more recent copies of the database and I believe I still have a copy of the database I made before I generated the extra jump points.   I can provide any of those if you think f they will help.   

Editing to add:  I reloaded the save from before the failed invasion.  I SM moved the invasion fleet to the other NPR that threw an error when I entered the system. Invading them showed they were a regular NPR with some token ground forces but nothing else.  Not even any ground installations. So the error isn’t just confined to spoilers.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 03:26:26 PM by MaxKaladin »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2022, 09:14:50 PM »
Hazy, non-specific "me too" post, I've noticed in general that when the game generates a certain spoiler race known as Rakhas errors tend to be thrown. My suspicion has been that it happens when they try to generate on the same body as a NPR but I cannot confirm this.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2022, 11:28:06 PM »
After transferring a ship from one player race to another, I get an error (unfortunately didn't screen shot it). Then when I try to have the ship that was transferred move to another ship it can see with active and passive sensors, it says cannot complete order, target cannot be found. The opposite doesn't seem to be the case, i.e. the ship that was transferred can be moved to by other ships.

Offline Fobin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2022, 07:53:38 AM »
I conquered a colony where I already had a population and the NPR thought it clever to colonize as well.  I conquered their colony subsequently and now have 2 races in my empire.  Since then creating a colony from the mineral screen asks for which race to do so for, the system view or from fleet organization does not.   Moreover the race selection from the mineral screen is bugged, no matter which race I select it does not create a colony, and there are 2 misplaced checkboxes with no text.   I recall once seeing the 2 lower of the 3 GF field position prompts there, "Set field position only for subordinate formations" & "Set all formations with same template at same population", the position of the checkboxes was still the same just now with that text next to them.   Attached a screenshot with the empty checkboxes, still haven't seen the GF text again. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 04:58:41 PM by Fobin »

Offline Fobin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2022, 05:05:51 PM »
In that same game an actual gamebreaking bug.
I have come to a point where no matter which backup of my DB I load, on the 31st of May 2097, 72 years into the campaign I encounter 3 errors
  • 2. 1. 1 Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • 2. 1. 1 Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • 2. 1. 1 Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
This just happens on the normal progression of time.
In a TN campaign with random stars, and my decimal separator is a dot and i have not found a way to progress any further.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2022, 05:26:15 PM »
I have come to a point where no matter which backup of my DB I load, on the 31st of May 2097, 72 years into the campaign I encounter 3 errors
  • 2. 1. 1 Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • 2. 1. 1 Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • 2. 1. 1 Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
In a TN campaign with random stars, and my decimal separator is a dot and i have not found a way to progress any further.

It seems to be related to identifying an alien ship. Have you deleted anything that would not normally be deleted in the normal course of play - database edits, editing NPR ships, etc  or deleted a hull type?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2022, 05:29:47 PM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Fobin

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2022, 06:45:17 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=13078.  msg162325#msg162325 date=1663194375
Quote from: Fobin link=topic=13078.  msg162322#msg162322 date=1663193151
  • 2.   1.   1 Function #1954: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • 2.   1.   1 Function #1943: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  • 2.   1.   1 Function #478: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

It seems to be related to identifying an alien ship.   Have you deleted anything that would not normally be deleted in the normal course of play - database edits, editing NPR ships, etc  or deleted a hull type?

Only 2 things might be possible.  I have altered only the player interrupts, cut a lot of them out for myself so that the late game carries on a bit less tediously, but it should have left NPRs unaffected.  I see odd increments still, which I assume to be NPR fighting or doing other things.
Even less likely to be impactful has been a bit of SM to merge 2 conquered colonies into one.   They were still bringing in colonists after i conquered them the first time before they stopped trying.   Maybe some ships were headed to one of the colonies that i folded into the other via SM adding the pop and installations of one to the other and then deleting the now empty pop with the normal Delete Pop option.   Since there are still populations (mine and the combined one) there but not the one they were expecting maybe that is throwing them for a loop.   Otherwise i have no clue. 

SJW: As the DB has been modified, I am not going to track this one further.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023, 08:06:23 AM by Steve Walmsley »