Author Topic: None of the links to download the game or any patches are working.  (Read 2937 times)

Foresthunter

in general the setup for the game is really confusing my understanding is you have to download the v1. 0 and then update it it to v2. 11 or something, however the link to download the game did not work the tab immediately closed for some reason, i found a link in hte comments i used to download the game succesfully but cant update it because all the offivial patch links don't work for me.  This is a really strange error i thought it might have something to do with firewalls considering the game download link and site in general looks pretty sketchy, no offense, but i didn't get any notifcations that that was the case unlike usual.  So i dont know what the probem is.  Anyone had the same issue or any possible solutions?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: None of the links to download the game or any patches are working.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2023, 09:19:26 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forums. Please register your account so that we don't have to manually approve of each post you make.

It sounds like your Windows Defender settings, recently updated and tightened by Microsoft if you're on Windows 10, are blocking the download links. You could turn down your security settings for Internet zone through the Control Panel / Security window temporarily.

Offline CoffeeAddictAnon

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
Its actually chrome.  Chrome doesn't like any of these download links at all for some reason.  I had to resort to internet explorer or edge or whatever they are calling it now, and then I could download it.  I even turned off my script blockers and ublock origin, and chrome still went "NO!".  Didnt even give me an option to download anything, let alone choose to keep them :|

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
this is why we use firefox people

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
It is not a chrome in general problem it is the specific settings of a specific user , and may or may not include interation with Windows settings, ISP or any antivirus software. Just downlaoded Aurora install on this pc , using chrome with no issues.

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Yeah I use Chrome too and haven't ever had an issue downloading stuff here. OP I don't know why this is happening to you but I did find a similar complaint in this thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13172.0 you can try using the mirror or steps provided there, good luck!