New Players > The Academy

First contact with a neutral NPR

(1/4) > >>

undercovergeek:
Okey dokey, found what seems to be a quite passive NPR, ive entered the system had a look round with an unarmed scout, found one 14000 ton ship and sent in a survey vessel whos snooping around

ive seen the communications tab on the alien race screen and clicked that which already tells me comms are already initiated - can i boost this in anyway - whos doing the comms?

Do i send a diplomacy ship

TIA

Garfunkel:
Do send a diplo ship. Commercial engines, no military grade active sensors, park it close enough to the aliens to be able to see their colony or station(s). They will work on the alien's opinion of you. The diplomatic rating you see in-game is your opinion of them - you have no way of knowing what their opinion of you is until they either grant you trade access or they start shooting. They might ask you to leave the system but your diplo ship should be able to overcome the reputation hit from not agreeing to that so it's safe to ignore.

Ulzgoroth:
Also, if you can find their outer-system presence you can post your diplo ship near a fuel extractor site or something where the aliens hang out but don't have vigorous territorial interests. That should cut back on the damage control.

(Meanwhile, I've been simultaneously pestering mine with stealth ELINT ships that sneak around in their homeworld's orbit taking notes. They get caught occasionally, but only occasionally, and they look fighter-sized because of the cloaking...

Andrew:

--- Quote from: Ulzgoroth on March 17, 2024, 01:19:24 PM ---Also, if you can find their outer-system presence you can post your diplo ship near a fuel extractor site or something where the aliens hang out but don't have vigorous territorial interests. That should cut back on the damage control.

--- End quote ---
NPRs are simpler than that. They only care about the system not parts of it so hanging out around the gas giant , hanging around near the homeworld, surveying the system its all the same. If they have multiple systems having  a diplomat ship hang out in one of their outer systems will work well as they don't care as much. A diplomat ship in the home system should not be disastrous unless they are xenophobic to a high degree and if they are you probably are going to war eventually anyway

Ulzgoroth:

--- Quote from: Andrew on March 17, 2024, 07:19:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ulzgoroth on March 17, 2024, 01:19:24 PM ---Also, if you can find their outer-system presence you can post your diplo ship near a fuel extractor site or something where the aliens hang out but don't have vigorous territorial interests. That should cut back on the damage control.

--- End quote ---
NPRs are simpler than that. They only care about the system not parts of it so hanging out around the gas giant , hanging around near the homeworld, surveying the system its all the same. If they have multiple systems having  a diplomat ship hang out in one of their outer systems will work well as they don't care as much. A diplomat ship in the home system should not be disastrous unless they are xenophobic to a high degree and if they are you probably are going to war eventually anyway

--- End quote ---
Outer-system wasn't clear, I meant outer systems, not the outer part of systems.

My contact has lots of Sorium extractors in predictable spots outside their actual settled space.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version