Author Topic: Some other Miscellaneous Suggestions  (Read 1100 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Some other Miscellaneous Suggestions
« on: June 24, 2021, 12:04:11 AM »
 --- The University: An installation with a few effects. It requires population equal to a Military Academy and costs the same as well in minerals / BP. The University would increase the quality of all academy graduates on the same planet additively by 1% per installation. More specifically it improves their boni, so an Energy Weapons scientist with 10% would be a 12% if they graduated on a planet with two Universities.

--- Multi-Band Sensor: A type of sensor which furnishes EM & TH Passive detection, as well as functioning as an Active Sensor of every resolution. It is only half as strong as a dedicated sensor of the same tonnage, and it's EM output when turned on is equal to a 500 Resolution Active Sensor of equal tonnage. So a 50 Ton (1HS) Multi-Band Sensor is equivalent to a 25 Ton (0.5HS) EM & TH Passive, and functions as an Active Sensor of 25 Tons (0.5HS) of every resolution when turned on, but can be detected by an EM Passive Sensor as if it were a 50 Ton (1HS) Res 500 Active Sensor in turn.

--- Communications Room (Comms. Room): A Command & Control component for ships, 100 Tons (2HS) with BP, mineral and Crew requirements equal to a Science Department. Rank +1 if added. This module would be two fold in function, decreasing the delay from inexperienced crew and increasing the effectiveness of translation efforts. Not sure which officer boni would be best to use off the top of my head.

The following users thanked this post: Foxxonius Augustus

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Some other Miscellaneous Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 10:25:49 AM »
--- The University: An installation with a few effects. It requires population equal to a Military Academy and costs the same as well in minerals / BP. The University would increase the quality of all academy graduates on the same planet additively by 1% per installation. More specifically it improves their boni, so an Energy Weapons scientist with 10% would be a 12% if they graduated on a planet with two Universities.

--- Multi-Band Sensor: A type of sensor which furnishes EM & TH Passive detection, as well as functioning as an Active Sensor of every resolution. It is only half as strong as a dedicated sensor of the same tonnage, and it's EM output when turned on is equal to a 500 Resolution Active Sensor of equal tonnage. So a 50 Ton (1HS) Multi-Band Sensor is equivalent to a 25 Ton (0.5HS) EM & TH Passive, and functions as an Active Sensor of 25 Tons (0.5HS) of every resolution when turned on, but can be detected by an EM Passive Sensor as if it were a 50 Ton (1HS) Res 500 Active Sensor in turn.

--- Communications Room (Comms. Room): A Command & Control component for ships, 100 Tons (2HS) with BP, mineral and Crew requirements equal to a Science Department. Rank +1 if added. This module would be two fold in function, decreasing the delay from inexperienced crew and increasing the effectiveness of translation efforts. Not sure which officer boni would be best to use off the top of my head.

--- The University: I personally prefer the ability to split the military academy into multiple types by officer type and build on the effect of academy commandants but this is a pretty good feature by itself. The one thing I will add is that the effect of the university should be capped by the military academy level. So officers from a level 10 academy will only benefit from upto level 10 university.

--- Multi-Band Sensor: I don't know what the point of this is, seems like a way to needlessly dumb down sensor package design by making an all-in-one package. I do like the idea of it if it had no passive detection abilities and was just an active sensor that was equally good across all resolutions, would have a use case for beam ship active sensors. Right now though you are shoving in 75 tons of functionality into 50 tons, which I don't think is good balance.

--- Communications Room (Comms. Room): I don't know how useful the penalty reduction from no training is and the translation bonus IMO should just be part of the science department which already exists.