Author Topic: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 68870 times)

Offline Zap0

• Captain
Re: v1.12.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2020, 12:20:35 AM »
I can reconfirm an issue from 1.11 where the "show next tech" option in the F10 component design menu does not allow for the next larger size of shield generators to be picked.

Confirmed. Shield type and regeneration rate do work with "Show Next Tech" ticked, it's only Generator Size that does not. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:38:58 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline Desdinova

• Lt. Commander
  • D
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2020, 01:59:21 AM »
I'm getting errors which seem to be when a ship is set to auto-overhaul when it has exceeded deployment.   Right as the auto-order message would normally come up I get these two errors in succession:

1.  12.  0 Function #730: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
1.  12.  0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

It still sets up the movement orders to the colony (only one with maintenance facilities) and the overhaul order.   Don't see a separate order for refuel/resupply (I forget if it's supposed to be there.  ) The Orders Assigned message is missing though I see the Deployment Time Exceeded message in the previous tick. 

My full orders for these ships:
  • Survey Next Three System Bodies or Locations
  • Move to System Requiring Gravsurvey
  • if Deployment Exceeded, Refueld, Resupply, and Overhaul at Colony
  • if Fuel less than 40%, Refuel from Colony or Hub

These orders seemed to work as I'd expect with no errors at first, but after a few started showing these errors.  Only thing I can think of so far is that they're now 3 jumps out from the colony instead of 1-2.

I'm seeing the same thing crop up from time to time. I managed to save a DB right before it happened - it should happen on the next or phase after next. Hope this helps. Here's a link, since apparently the zip is too big for the forum.

Access denied to the file. -Garfunkel
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 08:39:31 PM by Garfunkel »

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2020, 02:09:44 AM »

retrofitted ship removing magazine, copying from a previous class having two magazine.

both the original class ordinance template and the refitted ship remained having the previous loadout

(I updated the class loadout before taking the pic sorry)

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 05:14:23 AM »
I was updating one of my move templates, I queued the old template then clicked "Order Templates" again to check what the old name was. I deleted the first few orders and when I clicked on the planet name to add it back in as a destination I got the following error:

Code: [Select]
1.12.0 Function #3210: Unable to cast object of type 'g8' to type 'he'.
I can recreate this by queing any template then selecting "Order Templates" again after it resets to "System Locations" and then deleting one of the orders and trying to make a new one.

Unmodded, real stars not selected.
Currently using Aurora 1.12 - Unmodded

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2020, 08:25:27 AM »
Just started a v1.12 game, selected Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul in Standing Orders for my first survey ships.

Find they overhaul OK but so far do not refuel or resupply before entering overhaul.

Is this unique to my set up?

Edit: A longer observation reveals the error codes:-

1.12.0 Function #730: Object not set to an instance of an object.

Followed by :-

1.12.0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

These two error messages occur as the ship defaults to its standing order to Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul . But only overhauls.

Edit #2
Started new game and still have this error.

Edit #3: I think its when the trigger for the standing order is Low Fuel.

Incidentally, when I select random warp points for Sol in the past 3-4 games including v1.11 The result is 2, always. Is it just a function of randomness or is the random number generator broken?

Ian
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 08:39:37 AM by IanD »
IanD

The following users thanked this post: DFNewb

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2020, 08:28:44 AM »
Just started a v1.12 game, selected Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul in Standing Orders for my first survey ships.

Find they overhaul OK but so far do not refuel or resupply before entering overhaul.

Is this unique to my set up?

Edit: A longer observation reveals the error codes:-

1.12.0 Function #730: Object not set to an instance of an object.

Followed by :-

1.12.0 Function #722: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

These two error messages occur as the ship defaults to its standing order to Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul . But only overhauls.

Edit #2
Started new game and still have this error.

Incidentally, when I select random warp points for Sol in the past 3-4 games including v1.11 The result is 2, always. Is it just a function of randomness or is the random number generator broken?

Ian

Same thing happened to me. They seem to eventually refuel and resupply tho, but after the overhual.

The following users thanked this post: MinuteMan

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2020, 10:43:06 AM »
In formation orders if you click on "Set Specific Threat" with nothing selected then you get:

Code: [Select]
1.12.0 Function #3334: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hardly worth mentioning, but I thought you might want to add it to your todo list, even if it is to popup a message rather than and object reference error.

SJW: Fixed
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:40:15 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2020, 12:19:40 PM »
Somebody deleted a post of mine or the remove option for one's own posts lacks confirmation.

I can reconfirm a bug from 1.11 where 0 habitable planets get shown in the graphics of the star map when the only habitable body in a system is a LG body with the "Habitable-Range Worlds - Include Low Gravity" option is on.

1.11 bug post:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.msg141013#msg141013

Reproduced DB is attached.

SJW: Fixed for 1.12.1
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:50:54 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2020, 02:36:32 PM »
 - I have had two bugs so far. The first is fighters (again), they will pick up colonists but won't unload them. It should be fairly easy to reproduce, just build a fighter, add an emergency cryo (or two), load it up and try to unload it. They won't. The second is Future Prototypes, again easy to reproduce. They won't be available to research even if you have the tech. I encountered the Future Prototype bug in v1.11 as well. Sorry for the short, lazy report I don't have the databases and I'm using the recommended settings.

- I.E. decimal separator etc. I haven't run a 75+ year campaign for either of these bugs in v1.12, but I did encounter the Future Prototype bug in a 75+ year game and non-75+ year game in v1.11 fwiw.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2020, 04:10:05 PM »
I couldn't see this already reported in the 1.11 bug thread so it might be new: If you set your Beam Fire Control to "1.25  Size 1.25 Range" it actually calculates it as if you had selected "0.25" and makes it 1/4 as small and 1/4 the range of the fire control.

SJW: Fixed for the next DB release.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 05:53:26 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm

Offline Romalar

• Leading Rate
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2020, 03:15:19 AM »
I have survey ships set up with these main orders:

This works as expected some of the time.   However, I have a hostile alien-inhabited two jumps from my home system.   I have blocked fleet auto-routing for the system and marked it military-restricted to be sure no civilian ships enter.   I also marked it as controlled by that race and marked them hostile. 

While these ships are not civilian, I would hope the auto-routing restriction would be used.   However, when the ships run out of primary orders (survey) near the home system (such as when they refuel), they generally head directly to the hostile system and are killed. 

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2020, 03:23:28 AM »
I have survey ships set up with these main orders:

This works as expected some of the time.   However, I have a hostile alien-inhabited two jumps from my home system.   I have blocked fleet auto-routing for the system and marked it military-restricted to be sure no civilian ships enter.   I also marked it as controlled by that race and marked them hostile. 

While these ships are not civilian, I would hope the auto-routing restriction would be used.   However, when the ships run out of primary orders (survey) near the home system (such as when they refuel), they generally head directly to the hostile system and are killed.

Hi, not a bug. Please use the below:

Movement Orders
Exclude Alien Controlled

The ship will not jump into any System marked as alien controlled.

Auto Route command will come in place only when using auto route commands
Military only will come in place only for civilian ships (non player controlled)

I hope the above helps.

Offline Romalar

• Leading Rate
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2020, 05:15:07 AM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=11945. msg141655#msg141655 date=1602750208
Hi, not a bug.  Please use the below:

Movement Orders
Exclude Alien Controlled

Can confirm that this works for me.  Sorry, I didn't connect that these would work together.

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2020, 11:40:14 AM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=11945. msg141655#msg141655 date=1602750208
Hi, not a bug.  Please use the below:

Movement Orders
Exclude Alien Controlled

Can confirm that this works for me.  Sorry, I didn't connect that these would work together.

I am wondering if I have a bug with this then. I have done all of the above and my survey ships are still jumping into that system to survey. I have double checked, they definitely have "Exclude Alien Controlled" checked and the system is definitely marked as alien controlled. Is this a bug or is it because they are set as neutral in my Diplomacy screen? Should I also mark it as protected in the "Miscellaneous" tab?

Offline Llamageddon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2020, 11:44:34 AM »
I have another relatively low-key bug.

II dicovered my first world with less than 2.0 colony cost. I noticed it was very cold, as soon as I hit "Create Colony" the System Generation and Display screen changes the colour and the colony cost to 2.0; I assume this is because at -103 (C) the atmosphere is frozen and therefore unbreathable, so it is WAI for the updated value. If I "Delete Pop" then the value stays at 2.0 afterwards.