C# Aurora > C# Mechanics

v2.6.0 Changes Discussion Thread

(1/2) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
Thread for discussion of changes announced for v2.6.0. Please do not post bug reports or unrelated suggestions in this thread.

AlStar:
So it looks like you're working to solve the problem of binaries way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, potentially with no easy way to access (and just all-round gigantic systems in general.)

I like that you've made it an option - I've always designed my ships with a surfeit of range (each generation of engines has a "Miserly" variant, which takes the biggest engine I can design and matches it with the lowest power% - for ships that don't need to move quickly, and which I don't want to have to refuel often.) Things like my stabilization ships can travel hundreds of billions of km between refuels. So, for me, as long as there's something that can hold a stabilization point on the other end, I'm willing and able to send a ship over there and wait however long it takes to form a bridge.

That said, I can be annoyed as anyone when the number of surveyed objects in a system remains stubbornly under 100%, and little chunks of rock that are in the far outreaches of a system are the number one cause of such things. This looks like it will greatly help with that.

Edit: Okay, I change my answer - I just came across a trinary star system where the third star (which has a full solar system, along with some juicy-looking planets) is 720 billion km away. That's too far.

QuakeIV:
Regarding the LaGrange rule, perchance apply that to planets as well?  I've had a few cases where far-out gas giants had an LP and that made them interesting.

Ulzgoroth:

--- Quote from: QuakeIV on January 26, 2024, 12:34:26 PM ---Regarding the LaGrange rule, perchance apply that to planets as well?  I've had a few cases where far-out gas giants had an LP and that made them interesting.

--- End quote ---
Having an LP doesn't do that much to make a gas giant in a huge orbit accessible, since the point is at a distance from the body that appears to relate to the orbital circumference.

Though it can be very helpful for catching some trojan asteroids.

Black:
Does the Limited Planet Distance option means that some real star systems could be missing the companion stars? I think from close stars Epsilon Indi and 40 Eridani could be affected for example.

SJW: Yes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version