C# Aurora > General Discussion

Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition

(1/790) > >>

xenoscepter:
The original by Drgong - http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=9805.0

I wanted a version of this thread for the C# Section, so I made one!

- I'll start. :) Do tractor beams work if I place them on Space Stations, then use the Space Station to attach to a ship, then use that ship to tug. In other words, can I use tractor beams on the things I want to tug rather than make dedicated tugs. I usually have at least a couple of fast gunboats / corvettes / frigates lying around, and usually many of them; so I want to have a use for them. Also, that would make Fighter-Sized shunts a reality. So, can it be done?

Migi:
Are financial centres affected by manufacturing efficiency?

SpikeTheHobbitMage:

--- Quote from: xenoscepter on May 27, 2020, 07:01:15 PM ---The original by Drgong - http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=9805.0

I wanted a version of this thread for the C# Section, so I made one!

- I'll start. :) Do tractor beams work if I place them on Space Stations, then use the Space Station to attach to a ship, then use that ship to tug. In other words, can I use tractor beams on the things I want to tug rather than make dedicated tugs. I usually have at least a couple of fast gunboats / corvettes / frigates lying around, and usually many of them; so I want to have a use for them. Also, that would make Fighter-Sized shunts a reality. So, can it be done?

--- End quote ---
Technically a station can tow a tug but it will be limited to 1km/s.  In C# the towed vessel's engines are powered down.  This allows you to efficiently tow high power ships as well as ships that are out of fuel, both of which were problems in VB.

--- Quote from: Migi on May 28, 2020, 07:40:27 PM ---Are financial centres affected by manufacturing efficiency?

--- End quote ---
Financial centres are affected by the Wealth Generation tech.

xenoscepter:
No No, I want the tug to be a fast ship that doesn't have a tractor beam. I want to put the tractor on the station, move the ship I want to use as a tug to the station I want to tug, the attach that ship to the station using a tractor beam mounted on the station and tug the station with the ship I just flew over to it for that exact purpose.

Can I do that?

SpikeTheHobbitMage:

--- Quote from: xenoscepter on May 28, 2020, 08:36:05 PM ---No No, I want the tug to be  a fast ship that doesn't have a tractor beam. I want to put the tractor on the station, move the ship I want to use as a tug to the station I want to tug, the attach that ship to the station using a tractor beam mounted on the station and tug the station with the ship I just flew over to it for that exact purpose.

Can I do that?

--- End quote ---
No.  Sorry for not being clear.  Only a hull with a tractor beam can act as a tug.  The connected ship is dead-weight.  What you are asking for worked in VB but was considered a bug due to causing the other problems I mentioned above.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version