C# Aurora > General Discussion

Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition

<< < (791/795) > >>

themousemaster:

--- Quote from: skoormit on April 23, 2024, 08:45:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: vorpal+5 on April 22, 2024, 07:10:53 AM ---An easy one for you veterans!

Is Fuel Production not in fact Fuel Productivity? This would change my priorities ...

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean.

The Fuel Production technology determines the base number of liters per year your race produces with a single Fuel Refinery installation or Sorium Harvester ship module.
Actual production of a given Fuel Refinery is modified by the Production bonus of Planet and Sector governors, as well as the Manufacturing Efficiency Modifier of the population.
Actual production of a given Sorium Harvester ship module is modified by the Mining bonus of the Ship commander and of the appertaining Naval Admin commanders.

Regardless of tech or bonuses, production requires one ton of sorium for every 2000 liters produced.

--- End quote ---

Uh oh... there goes my mind again.

So fuel creation on a PLANET is modified by personnel production bonuses and NOT personnel mining bonuses, but fuel on a SHIP is modified by personnel mining bonuses, but not personnel production bonuses?

I've been sabotaging my own fuel for so many playthroughs... :(

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: themousemaster on April 29, 2024, 07:56:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: skoormit on April 23, 2024, 08:45:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: vorpal+5 on April 22, 2024, 07:10:53 AM ---An easy one for you veterans!

Is Fuel Production not in fact Fuel Productivity? This would change my priorities ...

--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean.

The Fuel Production technology determines the base number of liters per year your race produces with a single Fuel Refinery installation or Sorium Harvester ship module.
Actual production of a given Fuel Refinery is modified by the Production bonus of Planet and Sector governors, as well as the Manufacturing Efficiency Modifier of the population.
Actual production of a given Sorium Harvester ship module is modified by the Mining bonus of the Ship commander and of the appertaining Naval Admin commanders.

Regardless of tech or bonuses, production requires one ton of sorium for every 2000 liters produced.

--- End quote ---

Uh oh... there goes my mind again.

So fuel creation on a PLANET is modified by personnel production bonuses and NOT personnel mining bonuses, but fuel on a SHIP is modified by personnel mining bonuses, but not personnel production bonuses?

I've been sabotaging my own fuel for so many playthroughs... :(

--- End quote ---

Yes, on a planet, the refineries are producing fuel from already mined Sorium, so its a production bonus. Orbital harvesters are mining the Sorium to turn into fuel, so its mining bonuses (strictly speaking they are also refining it, but the mining is the primary task).

AlStar:
I've been playing with my galaxy layout, since I just found a connection that joined the far western side of my map with the far eastern side.

Does anyone with a better sense for these things have any idea how to make this constellation of jumps not be a total rat's nest?

kyonkundenwa:

--- Quote from: AlStar on April 29, 2024, 06:50:35 PM ---Does anyone with a better sense for these things have any idea how to make this constellation of jumps not be a total rat's nest?

--- End quote ---
Move the systems into an arrangement with the least number of offensive links. And then SM-delete those offending links.

Steve Walmsley:

--- Quote from: AlStar on April 29, 2024, 06:50:35 PM ---I've been playing with my galaxy layout, since I just found a connection that joined the far western side of my map with the far eastern side.

Does anyone with a better sense for these things have any idea how to make this constellation of jumps not be a total rat's nest?

--- End quote ---

You just need to move them around a few at a time and try to figure it out. It's usually a fun problem to solve, trying to get the best layout. This is my current campaign, which has quite a few loops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version