Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 357942 times)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2020, 12:04:47 AM »
What does "LG-time" stand for in the system display menu?

It is the time needed (in years) to stabilize the Lagrange point for that body
Oh wow. Wow! I'm going to have to use that.

...Does the capability of the stabilization module matter? The post doesn't seem to say it does, so I'm thinking the small stabilizer module would be the best choice there...

I'm using the small module in my current game, and the time required matches the displayed LG-time (adjusted for commander Production bonus).
It could be that the bigger modules provide a proportional discount.
Small stabilizers normally take a year, so it works out either way for them.  It was my understanding that the bigger units go faster (that is, the LG-time is a multiplier on stabilizer speed rather than a fixed time), but I haven't tested it yet either.  Small units are conveniently sized and it isn't something that comes up very often.

Edit: Had an opportunity to test in 1.11.0.  Bigger units have no effect on LP stabilization time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 12:45:36 AM by SpikeTheHobbitMage »

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2020, 09:23:59 AM »
Death by accident rate is a bit high for my researchers who keep getting killed, when military commanders dont have any greater risk, this seems unlike reality.     

Is there anything I can do to stop this?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 09:41:43 AM by boolybooly »

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »
I'm guessing it's just up to chance and you've been a little unlucky. I don't think Aurora scientist work is any safer than being in the military, personally. I can only imagine they do a ton of experiments with very volatile materials. The upshot is that you can pump out a revolutionary new reactor design in a couple of weeks as long as you have enough labs.

Anyway, you can designate any character you want as a "Story Character", making them functionally immortal.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »
Thanks, that is a good idea. 

Something else mystifying me, can anyone tell me why some planets are listed in red in the system view, is that the blood of my researchers leaking out? Maybe that is where the alien bounty hunters took them to be disposed of!

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2020, 09:53:52 AM »
Thanks, that is a good idea. 

Something else mystifying me, can anyone tell me why some planets are listed in red in the system view, is that the blood of my researchers leaking out? Maybe that is where the alien bounty hunters took them to be disposed of!
I think those would be the 'medium cost' worlds.

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »
My best guess is that it's color code for their suitability as colonies. The red ones seem to a) be terrestrial, b) within your species' gravity tolerance (no LG) and c) have colony cost around 4.00... between 3.00 and 4.5 maybe?

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2020, 10:03:44 AM »
How can wizard names not have merlin in it.

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2020, 08:23:58 PM »
it's possible to create more colony in a single world?

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2020, 09:02:16 PM »
it's possible to create more colony in a single world?
Not of the same species, but if your civilization has multiple species then yes it is possible.

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2020, 04:22:46 AM »
I have a question regarding tech gained from ruins.

I found a ruin on a planet and started excavating it and I got 10cm Advanced Railgun tech and I can research the next the next stage of that tech however i cannot seem to make a ship component out of it. Do I need to research the normal Railgun tech before I can use the tech I found.

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2020, 05:26:41 AM »
I might be misunderstanding something, but doesn't Railgun require two technologies - a Railgun tech and a Railgun Launch Velocity tech? If you don't have any Railgun tech yet you'd be missing the latter.

It's like how you need three different technologies to make your first jump drive.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 05:30:36 AM by Silfir »

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2020, 08:38:50 AM »
it's possible to open multiple system map?

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2020, 09:34:30 AM »
I might be misunderstanding something, but doesn't Railgun require two technologies - a Railgun tech and a Railgun Launch Velocity tech? If you don't have any Railgun tech yet you'd be missing the latter.

It's like how you need three different technologies to make your first jump drive.

I did wonder this but ive not got the techs required and i still cannot seem to make the more advanced tech components that i acquired from the ruins.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2020, 11:35:32 AM »

I did wonder this but ive not got the techs required and i still cannot seem to make the more advanced tech components that i acquired from the ruins.

Wait you said 10cm Advanced Railgun? Is this some sort of ruins only tech that isn't properly implemented yet?

I might be confused but if you got normal railgun tech it should just be called "10cm Railgun". The advanced variant sounds like it might be something else entirely. Can you discern any sort stats from what little the game has told you about it or do you just know the name?

Also for completeness double check whether this is a tech or some component you found - this could just be 10cm Railgun that is just called a 10cm advanced railgun.

Edit: Also make sure that it is fully researched - go to the research tab on the population that you found the tech and check whether or not the tech has been partially researched as opposed to fully.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 11:41:54 AM by Droll »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2020, 11:41:47 AM »

Wait you said 10cm Advanced Railgun? Is this some sort of ruins only tech that isn't properly implemented yet?

I might be confused but if you got normal railgun tech it should just be called "10cm Railgun". The advanced variant sounds like it might be something else entirely. Can you discern any sort stats from what little the game has told you about it or do you just know the name?

Also for completeness double check whether this is a tech or some component you found - this could just be 10cm Railgun that is just called a 10cm advanced railgun.

FTFY.
Please edit your post to respect and continue the OP's use of spoiler tags.