Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 355812 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2020, 01:24:57 AM »
It was mostly general comment not aimed at anything specific. But I wonder, if you check "use alien components" in class design, can these recovered components be used in design? To use recovered components you do not necessarily need to research them, but you are limited by the number of components you recovered.

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2020, 03:26:35 AM »
It was mostly general comment not aimed at anything specific. But I wonder, if you check "use alien components" in class design, can these recovered components be used in design? To use recovered components you do not necessarily need to research them, but you are limited by the number of components you recovered.

Not sure, I dismantled them all to obtain the tech to make more of my own, only to also see what Hydrofoil noted, having the tech doesn't enable them in c#, while it would have in A7.1.

I know the compressed fuel work, I've had those already.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2020, 03:42:00 AM »
Sounds like this really needs to be reported as a bug. I want my advanced components XD
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:44:26 PM by Zincat »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »
Sounds like this really needs to be reported as a bug. I want my advanced components XD

Shh, its a secret!

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2020, 01:37:15 PM »
There is a way to obtain a Temperate Forest Biome (Earth base biome) on a planet?

Until now i obtain on 4 planet a Prairie, on mars a Chapparal and only on Io a Forested biome.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 01:40:53 PM by Cinnius »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »
There is a way to obtain a Temperate Forest Biome (Earth base biome) on a planet?

Until now i obtain on 4 planet a Prairie, on mars a Chapparal and only on Io a Forested biome.

I don't remember where the table that has the criteria is (someone should add it to the wiki as well) but generally speaking temperate forrest needs (i think) above 30% hydro and decent oxygen content.

Also understand that biome selection is semi-random and that each biome has a certain "resilience" to being changed. The chances are the planets you are terraforming become eligible to prairie first which is why their biome changes to that. As your terraforming progresses they might be eligible for both prairie and temperate forest but since they are already a prairie is doesn't change over. However, if a planet has an environment such that it becomes eligible for both prairie and forest at the same time, then the game will randomly choose between them and you might get temperate forest. I have once managed to get mars to be temperate forest so it is possible but you may have to mess with the environment bunch to get it.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2020, 03:02:26 PM »

I got Temperate Forest on Mars with this setup:

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2020, 03:25:16 AM »
I might be misunderstanding something, but doesn't Railgun require two technologies - a Railgun tech and a Railgun Launch Velocity tech? If you don't have any Railgun tech yet you'd be missing the latter.

It's like how you need three different technologies to make your first jump drive.

I did wonder this but ive not got the techs required and i still cannot seem to make the more advanced tech components that i acquired from the ruins.

Did a little DB dabbling to get myself started on the Adv lasers and Adv railguns, I can make normal of either, cannot select the advanced versions in the create tech menus.  I suspect they are bugged atm.

A little screwing around in the DB, it seems they are missing entries from DIM_ResearchCategories - adding them in myself enables them to show up as a design-able component.  Note that I have not tried to design, research, build and then use one, I only tried to
test the theory they were omitted and it seems plausible they were given that their component entry is missing.

As an aside: Would it be possible for you to check to see if they have any stat changes - not necessarily actually design them just to see if any of their planned/intended functionality is reflected, i.e. how much better/different is an adv. railgun from a standard one. Im curious as to what Steve was thinking with them if anything.

I'm a dunce, read this, never answered it....lemme fix that.

As far as I can tell, they appear identical to 7.1, though I have not made any, so its possible the low focal size weirdness that advanced lasers would experience in A7.1 does not happen in c#, or does, I have no idea.  That said, as I understand their oddness was known, and planned for 7.2, which eventually ended up being c#, so I suspect they work a little differently from 7.1, since they are likely fixed.  IIRC they are supposed to be the damage/power draw of the next focal size, and the size of this focal size when compared to normal lasers.  IE, a 15cm Adv laser would hit as hard as a 20cm Laser, have the same range, but only be as large as a 15cm laser.

Railguns worked properly afaik in 7.1, and they seem the same in the database, so I suspect nothing changed.  Advanced gets 5 shots instead of four, everything else is identical.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2020, 04:54:23 AM »
My fighters will not replace spent MSP when they return to their mothership (fuel and missiles are replaced). Anyone knows if this is WAI?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #129 on: June 26, 2020, 11:33:34 AM »
Based on my testing, hangars don't seem to replenish MSP; carriers should probably carry a shuttle bay to reload fighters.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2020, 10:12:53 AM »
Just want to check if this is a bug or a mechanic I was not aware of.

I am starting to terraform a planet and noticed 34% ammonia but no dangerous gas penalty.

When I look at the wiki, ammonia is specified as a dangerous gas and the specified safe range for ammonia is 0. 005% but this planet is very cold at -90°C which is below the freezing point of ammonia, it also has a 66% hydrographic extent.

Do the temperature or hydrographic factor cancel out the ammonia or is this a bug?

hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=Terraforming#C. 23

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2020, 10:28:43 AM »
Just want to check if this is a bug or a mechanic I was not aware of.

I am starting to terraform a planet and noticed 34% ammonia but no dangerous gas penalty.

When I look at the wiki, ammonia is specified as a dangerous gas and the specified safe range for ammonia is 0. 005% but this planet is very cold at -90°C which is below the freezing point of ammonia, it also has a 66% hydrographic extent.

Do the temperature or hydrographic factor cancel out the ammonia or is this a bug?

hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=Terraforming#C. 23

If the gas is frozen then it doesnt affect colony cost, if you heat the planet and unfreeze you will see the colony cost show dangerous gas at 2.0

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2020, 02:53:25 AM »
I have built a 1.5 million tonne habitat, towed it to Venus to help with mining.
 But for some reason it does not seem to work and I cannot load colonists on to it. I have even got shuttles.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2020, 03:13:09 AM »
You do not load colonists on habitat, put them on the planet.

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2020, 04:49:10 AM »
Where / when do you modify the green text to make higher HQ ratings?

I have tried in unit design and in formation template in 1. 11. 0 and it does not seem to work for me.

e. g.  I made a Medium Vehicle with HQ and Heavy Bombardment, edited the HQ value to 10000 and created it, researched it and it came out with 1000.

I added the HQ vehicle to a formation by editing the green text to say 10000 and the formation shows 1000.

I have seen posts saying you have to edit the value in green but I cant see how to do that.  Where am I going wrong?

*whimpers*

*bangs head on keyboard* ijuok98,nl,l,plo;k./[',0ip[;-'o=]l0/-=9i8uojk7087ui9yj
« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 04:58:37 AM by boolybooly »