Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 361749 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2020, 08:10:37 AM »
yes true, but then it still feel a bit artificial to have say a geo-missile useless if it can't gather enough survey points to finish a planet.
Now I think geo missiles are a thing of the past in anycase  ;)

I though that a geo-survey missile simply last until the survey is finished... after which it is removed from the game as spent. So if you fire it at a large body it might take a while but it will eventually be surveyed.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2020, 09:56:41 AM »
yes true, but then it still feel a bit artificial to have say a geo-missile useless if it can't gather enough survey points to finish a planet.

You need to send a geosurvey buoy as the second stage of a missile. It will stay until the job is done.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2020, 10:03:49 AM »

You need to send a geosurvey buoy as the second stage of a missile. It will stay until the job is done.

Yes... that is what I meant to describe it as.. a buoy with the sensor in a missile. I forgot that part.  :)

Offline Silverkeeper

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #213 on: July 20, 2020, 10:32:51 AM »
Is it just me or are the prototypes not working in the current release?
In fact also when I do instant research for components, I need to close the window and then open it to get the component to show.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:48:20 AM by Silverkeeper »

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »
Is it just me or are the prototypes not working in the current release?
In fact also when I do instant research for components, I need to close the window and then open it to get the component to show.

Assuming you have the "prototypes" button ticked so that they show up, you need to click "Refresh Tech" every time you create a new one in order to re-generate the list. You can also select any item from the drop-downs, as this also forces a page refresh.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2020, 02:57:48 PM »
Prototypes are also hidden by default.  There is a checkbox to show them beside the checkbox to show obsolete tech.

The following users thanked this post: Silverkeeper

Offline L0ckAndL0ad

• Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2020, 12:20:21 PM »
Hi!

I've got couple of questions for current C# Aurora version.

1. Civilian Mining Colonies - can they appear on bodies with existing player-controlled colonies? IIRC they could not do that in VB6, but maybe it changed in C#?

2. Is it okay if I put naval officers in the OOB that are of higher rank than required? I do this to prevent them being underranked in future if I decide to change the lower branches of the OOB. Can you do the same with Ground Units & their OOB?

3. Is there anything bad that can happen to Ground Unit stats during space transportation? Like there used to be a morale drop in VB6 if you used drop module for transporting.

4. What is "OM Eligible" in System Generation and Display?

5. If your survey ship does NOT have EM/THERMAL passive sensors on board, will it miss alien ruins/population/something else interesting when surveying the body? Because there's no more built-in 1/1 EM/TH, right?

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 12:26:23 PM by L0ckAndL0ad »

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2020, 12:40:30 PM »
This is a newbie question, but it's keeping me from getting anywhere: What do I need to do to get a ship design into the shipyard retool dropdown in C# 1. 11?

I created a geosurvey design using a prototype engine, added geosurvey sensors, fuel, and maintenance, and the design looked fine (< 3000t).  Locked the design, went to the shipyard screen, picked a naval shipyard (11000t capacity), picked retool, and. . .  no ship designs in the dropdown.  Tried a commercial shipyard, no dice there either.

Where do I find indications of what needs to be fixed? Nothing reports an error, it just doesn't allow me to build ships.  I've done it before in VB6, a while ago, but never saw this problem before.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
Did you completed research of the prototype engine?

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #219 on: July 22, 2020, 01:08:18 PM »
It's not an available project, so no.  It is listed on the technology screen, but can't be researched.
Do I need to create a research project as well as a prototype?

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #220 on: July 22, 2020, 01:44:03 PM »
1. Civilian Mining Colonies - can they appear on bodies with existing player-controlled colonies? IIRC they could not do that in VB6, but maybe it changed in C#?
In my experience they only appear on bodies with no player controlled colony. I don't remember seeing anything in the changelog about that aspect changing.

2. Is it okay if I put naval officers in the OOB that are of higher rank than required? I do this to prevent them being underranked in future if I decide to change the lower branches of the OOB. Can you do the same with Ground Units & their OOB?
I don't think it matters if you put higher rank officers in admin commands. However I think you still need to maintain rank order within that in order for it to provide bonuses. So if you put an Admiral in one position, the command above him/her should be assigned a higher ranker.

3. Is there anything bad that can happen to Ground Unit stats during space transportation? Like there used to be a morale drop in VB6 if you used drop module for transporting.
The moral drop has been removed so if you want you can keep troops permanently on board troop ships.

4. What is "OM Eligible" in System Generation and Display?
OM stands for Orbital Mining. There is a research line in CP to increase the size of the body which is allowed to use orbital mining modules.

5. If your survey ship does NOT have EM/THERMAL passive sensors on board, will it miss alien ruins/population/something else interesting when surveying the body? Because there's no more built-in 1/1 EM/TH, right?
I think it should fail to notice populations but I don't know about the ruins. I think ruins are generated as part of the geosurvey roll so I assume finding them would be part of that whole event trigger thing.

The following users thanked this post: L0ckAndL0ad

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #221 on: July 22, 2020, 01:46:57 PM »
It's not an available project, so no.  It is listed on the technology screen, but can't be researched.

Yes, you need to do that. In Class Design window, there is checkbox - Prototypes, it is under components list. If you select prototype component, new button will apear - Research Proto, click this and you will see research project in Research window.

Offline midikiman

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #222 on: July 22, 2020, 03:50:28 PM »
Quote from: Black link=topic=11545. msg139076#msg139076 date=1595443617
Quote from: midikiman link=topic=11545. msg139074#msg139074 date=1595441298
It's not an available project, so no.   It is listed on the technology screen, but can't be researched. 

Yes, you need to do that.  In Class Design window, there is checkbox - Prototypes, it is under components list.  If you select prototype component, new button will apear - Research Proto, click this and you will see research project in Research window.

Thanks, that did the trick.

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2020, 01:59:26 AM »
I got two questions:

-Is there a way to load an entire army, more than one formation, in a transport ship without selecting every formation on its own?

-Is there a way to get rid of radiation on a body?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2020, 02:59:30 AM »
I got two questions:

-Is there a way to load an entire army, more than one formation, in a transport ship without selecting every formation on its own?

-Is there a way to get rid of radiation on a body?

No, there was in VB6 when u ordered the division to be picked it would pick the whole but I havent seen it in C# to work neither a function for it. But I havent played much with that as I design a ship for each unit. Maybe other people can help further. apparently there is a way check Black's answer below

With time radion will dissipate. Later in 1.12 you will have a function on SM to add and or reduce dust/radiation.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 03:11:33 AM by froggiest1982 »