Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 355645 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #270 on: July 27, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »
Forgot the fuel transfer module, thanks for the heads up.  Do colonies need spaceports or fuel transfer systems if the tanker has cargo shuttles?

Yes you need spaceport of refuelling station on colony. Tankers have no use for cargo shuttles they will not help with fuel transfer.

Offline Dawa1147

• Chief Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #271 on: July 27, 2020, 05:39:54 PM »
Yes, check "assign all" in the top right.
That just assigns all Missiles to one MFC when I drag and drop them. It helps for the last 30 Missiles from the last MFC, but thats kinda it

Unless those are AMMs you'll have to designate the target for each fire control by hand as well I think. And unless you want to fire on 200 different targets there isn't really a point to giving each launcher a fire control. You can save a lot of space ... for more launchers!
The one I mentioned is a 120kt capital ship, but the same problem applies in a broader sense.
I have 7 ASM MFC so I can engage multiple targets at once (and have redundancy), with 30 ASMs each. When I hit auto-assign FC, it will sort all of them onto one Launcher.
Something similar on my Beam Cruisers: my spinal lasers have a dedicated BFC (with ECCM), and the other beam weapons are divided among a few other BFCs (so I dont fire 30 Lasers @94 dmg each on a single FAC/small ship)(also redundancy).

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #272 on: July 27, 2020, 11:25:25 PM »
If a xenoarchaeology unit uncovers precursors, who is on offense, the archaeologists or the precursors?  This is important because I don't know whether I should include static units in my xenoarchaelogy battalions.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2020, 01:04:08 AM »
If a xenoarchaeology unit uncovers precursors, who is on offense, the archaeologists or the precursors?  This is important because I don't know whether I should include static units in my xenoarchaelogy battalions.

Can you dig the Precursor robots in C# Aurora? I play with high amount of ruins and it never happened to me.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2020, 08:02:12 AM »

Can you dig the Precursor robots in C# Aurora? I play with high amount of ruins and it never happened to me.

Not at the moment. I might add that back at some point though.

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, serger, DaedalusPrime

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #275 on: July 28, 2020, 04:48:13 PM »

Not at the moment. I might add that back at some point though.

Just don't tell us though...I love surprises  ;)

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #276 on: July 28, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »
I seem to recall that commercial hangers can reload ordnance for box launchers, but can they transfer missiles between magazines?
Or does the station need an ordnance transfer system/hub?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #277 on: July 28, 2020, 06:27:14 PM »
I seem to recall that commercial hangers can reload ordnance for box launchers

This function has been removed.

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2020, 08:03:58 AM »
Question about intelligence gathering - does having multiple ELINT modules on a ship actually increase the speed of intel gathering or were they meant as only-one-per-ship module?

I've read the changes thread and understood it as them being the latter but I just wanted to make sure.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2020, 11:25:57 AM »
Question about intelligence gathering - does having multiple ELINT modules on a ship actually increase the speed of intel gathering or were they meant as only-one-per-ship module?

I've read the changes thread and understood it as them being the latter but I just wanted to make sure.

ELINT Modules stack.

The following users thanked this post: Dreadder, trabber Shir

Offline Landris

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2020, 12:59:57 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11545. msg139403#msg139403 date=1596126357
Quote from: Dreadder link=topic=11545. msg139398#msg139398 date=1596114238

ELINT Modules stack.

In your description of them, they stack for range, but once an intel target is in range, the speed of gathering is independent of the number of modules.  Is that correct?

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2020, 01:38:09 PM »

ELINT Modules stack.
Thank you, that's good to know. I guess I can tell the crews of my intelligence ships they'll probably make it home by Christmas afterall. :D

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2020, 07:52:44 AM »

ELINT Modules stack.

In my current game, they aren't stacking, either for range or for intel gathering.

I have an intel ship with a single ELINT module in orbit of an alien population.
I ran time forward 16 days, and gained 12 intel points on that population.

I then reverted back to the same point in time, and swapped out that intel ship with a copy that has 10 ELINT modules.
The scanner ranges displayed on the tactical map for that fleet did not change.
I ran time forward the same 16 days, and gained the same 12 intel points on that population.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #283 on: July 31, 2020, 10:43:23 AM »
If they stack, a law of diminishing return should apply I believe. Like x0.9 on each one after the first.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2020, 01:01:19 PM »
I don't think there should be diminishing returns. You've already paid for the ELINT, paid for the mass, and paid for the engines to move it. You should see a return on that investment.