Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 362378 times)

Offline acantoni

• Petty Officer
  • a
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #600 on: November 07, 2020, 08:26:26 PM »
Question for 1.12 regarding colony governor and sector governors.

If i set colony with "automated assignment for colony" my sector governor which I manually assign always get reassigned to a colony and so I end up without a sector governor.
How can i go around it and either make it that if someone is already assigned anywhere it cant be picked for "automated assignment for colony" or that my sector governor get automated assigned aswell so it will not be unassigned all the time?

Thanks!!!

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #601 on: November 07, 2020, 08:44:07 PM »
Question for 1.12 regarding colony governor and sector governors.

If i set colony with "automated assignment for colony" my sector governor which I manually assign always get reassigned to a colony and so I end up without a sector governor.
How can i go around it and either make it that if someone is already assigned anywhere it cant be picked for "automated assignment for colony" or that my sector governor get automated assigned aswell so it will not be unassigned all the time?

Thanks!!!

Currently you cannot. Steve will release a fix in 1.12.1 as it is already in the changelog

Offline acantoni

• Petty Officer
  • a
« Reply #602 on: November 08, 2020, 01:05:33 AM »
Thank you!
Amazing work from Steve as usual =)

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #603 on: November 08, 2020, 05:15:11 AM »
I had an intresting problem with fighters using them in an non-classic way.  I was trying to use design akin to trans-newtonian Space shuttle or SpaceX Starship with just small cryo and engines for Earth-Mars evacuation (Death spiral at 0. 03 and 500m start forces you to use everything you have).  They can load/unload only using spaceport .  There is no space port at Mars at this point in time, no place to put shuttles inside -shuttle- too.  Soo. . . 

Part of the background in C# Aurora will be that large TN ships function only in space and cannot move any closer to planetary bodies than low orbit.  Small craft below a limit of 500 tons, such as fighters and shuttles, are capable of landing on planets.  Ship are built in orbit and habitats are assembled in orbit.  Only fighters can be built on the ground.

It is such an uncommon application of fighters that it is most likely it would be waste of Steve time to look at it.  You can't even transport cargo this way due to size of smallest of holds (500t).  Problem will disapear once I have both spaceports.  What do you think, should it be even reported as a bug?

Code: [Select]
K-Orzel STK wz 1 class Shuttle      499 tons       11 Crew       58.3 BP       TCS 10    TH 7    EM 0
722 km/s      Armour 1-5       Shields 0-0       HTK 3      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 8.65 Years     MSP 25    AFR 6%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 1    5YR 9    Max Repair 20 MSP
Cryogenic Berths 1 000   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Improved Nuclear Pulse Engine  EP7.20 (1)    Power 7.2    Fuel Use 19.08%    Signature 7.20    Explosion 4%
Fuel Capacity 1 000 Litres    Range 1.9 billion km (30 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction

Your post is a little unclear. Are you saying that your 499t shuttle cannot unload colonists? I believe that the statement you quoted only intends to explain why fighters can be built without a shipyard in orbit, but I can see how the lore can be understood to imply that cargo can be unloaded from fighters without a cargo system.

I suppose it is more of a suggestion, but reporting it as a bug might also be a good idea. You could lead with the quote and then say how you interpreted it and how your shuttle ended up not working. Including the shuttle design is a good idea as well; it's pretty good. The bug could be that the lore implies something that the game doesn't support.

Offline Anamori

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #604 on: November 08, 2020, 06:31:59 AM »
Quote from: db48x link=topic=11545. msg142741#msg142741 date=1604834111
Quote from: Anamori link=topic=11545. msg142733#msg142733 date=1604800319
I had an intresting problem with fighters using them in an non-classic way.   I was trying to use design akin to trans-newtonian Space shuttle or SpaceX Starship with just small cryo and engines for Earth-Mars evacuation (Death spiral at 0.  03 and 500m start forces you to use everything you have).   They can load/unload only using spaceport .   There is no space port at Mars at this point in time, no place to put shuttles inside -shuttle- too.   Soo.  .  .   

Part of the background in C# Aurora will be that large TN ships function only in space and cannot move any closer to planetary bodies than low orbit.   Small craft below a limit of 500 tons, such as fighters and shuttles, are capable of landing on planets.   Ship are built in orbit and habitats are assembled in orbit.   Only fighters can be built on the ground. 

It is such an uncommon application of fighters that it is most likely it would be waste of Steve time to look at it.   You can't even transport cargo this way due to size of smallest of holds (500t).   Problem will disapear once I have both spaceports.   What do you think, should it be even reported as a bug?

Code: [Select]
K-Orzel STK wz 1 class Shuttle      499 tons       11 Crew       58.3 BP       TCS 10    TH 7    EM 0
722 km/s      Armour 1-5       Shields 0-0       HTK 3      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0      PPV 0
Maint Life 8.65 Years     MSP 25    AFR 6%    IFR 0.1%    1YR 1    5YR 9    Max Repair 20 MSP
Cryogenic Berths 1 000   
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months    Morale Check Required   

Improved Nuclear Pulse Engine  EP7.20 (1)    Power 7.2    Fuel Use 19.08%    Signature 7.20    Explosion 4%
Fuel Capacity 1 000 Litres    Range 1.9 billion km (30 days at full power)

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction

Your post is a little unclear.  Are you saying that your 499t shuttle cannot unload colonists? I believe that the statement you quoted only intends to explain why fighters can be built without a shipyard in orbit, but I can see how the lore can be understood to imply that cargo can be unloaded from fighters without a cargo system. 

I suppose it is more of a suggestion, but reporting it as a bug might also be a good idea.  You could lead with the quote and then say how you interpreted it and how your shuttle ended up not working.  Including the shuttle design is a good idea as well; it's pretty good.  The bug could be that the lore implies something that the game doesn't support.

Yeah, sorry.  I was writing and editing that post in middle of testing things out and it become messy in result.  I started it before figuring out that spaceport was needed, etc.
So TL:DR Lore implies that fighters (<500t vessels) can do what shuttles (Module) allow for bigger ships but it is not true for unloading/loading colonist that can't be done without spaceports.

I may test it a little bit more and post about it in suggestions instead, thanks for your time and feedback db48x.

Offline Ostar

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #605 on: November 08, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »
1.  Am I correct in thinking that a Grav Survey Location is an approximation of any actual Jump Point there? In other words, discovering a Jump Point at the SL could put the actual JP within a certain radius of the SL?

2.  Do Jump Points "orbit" the Sun/Primary? Specifically,  I put a stationary Sensor Buoy at the JP will it remain the same distance from the JP?

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #606 on: November 08, 2020, 05:29:55 PM »
The actual jump point location is influenced by the survey location it is "linked" to, but the location can be really far away (in fact, in can be closer to a different survey location entirely!)

Jump points don't orbit. dropping a buoy on the JP (or at any location relative to it) will work.

The downside of jump points not orbiting is that it's hard to put DSTs on a rock nearby to watch it, since said rocks DO orbit.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #607 on: November 09, 2020, 11:11:33 AM »
Unless you turn asteroid orbital motion off but that still requires that there are asteroids near enough, to begin with.

Offline Ostar

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #608 on: November 09, 2020, 12:09:19 PM »
How can one destroy friendly already fired missiles (buoys, no engine actually)? I have a number cluttering my map. . .

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #609 on: November 09, 2020, 12:34:29 PM »
How can one destroy friendly already fired missiles (buoys, no engine actually)? I have a number cluttering my map. . .

Set your friends to be not friends then area PD them
And then set your not friends to be friends

Offline Ostar

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #610 on: November 09, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=11545. msg142792#msg142792 date=1604946869
Quote from: Ostar link=topic=11545. msg142789#msg142789 date=1604945359
How can one destroy friendly already fired missiles (buoys, no engine actually)? I have a number cluttering my map.  .  .

Good to know, but sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant I fired these stationary buoys and now want to remove/destroy them.  Also, the ships that fired them no longer exist.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2020, 07:26:35 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=11545. msg142792#msg142792 date=1604946869
Quote from: Ostar link=topic=11545. msg142789#msg142789 date=1604945359
How can one destroy friendly already fired missiles (buoys, no engine actually)? I have a number cluttering my map.  .  .

Good to know, but sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant I fired these stationary buoys and now want to remove/destroy them.  Also, the ships that fired them no longer exist.

Oh I see they are yours. You need to invoke the dark arts of DB editing im afraid. I have no idea what specific areas you would be looking at to find the entries for the buoys but you should be able to delete them.
Regardless before you attempt mucking about in the DB I would back up the save.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #612 on: November 10, 2020, 04:46:17 AM »

If I recall correctly, that function hasn't yet been coded in C#. I'd suggest SM-ing a 'pirate' to run around and blow them up.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #613 on: November 10, 2020, 06:03:43 AM »
Any idea why my tiny geosurvey don't budge from Earth? They have a geo scanner, there are a lot of bodies to survey in the system, they have a standing order. Brand new ships with fuel. The other ships are proceeding to their missions as expected. I have done the same as in VB6

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #614 on: November 10, 2020, 06:35:41 AM »
Any idea why my tiny geosurvey don't budge from Earth? They have a geo scanner, there are a lot of bodies to survey in the system, they have a standing order. Brand new ships with fuel. The other ships are proceeding to their missions as expected. I have done the same as in VB6

No fuel tanks? It shows fuel as 0m /0m litres. But I suppose fuel would not show as 100% in that case, never tried to put engines on something without fuel tanks to see how it is shown.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 06:39:37 AM by Black »