Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 362370 times)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #765 on: December 05, 2020, 06:44:09 PM »
Is there a way to have new ship class names selected in a random order instead of alphabetical?

No. I remember it was asked to have random names and I am not sure if Steve fixed that for 1.13 as he did fix it for NPRs which were suffering the same issue.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #766 on: December 05, 2020, 10:09:24 PM »
The DIY way is to open the DB, extract the values, put them in excel, use the RAND function, place them back. For a single list it can be done in 3 mn top I would say (I did it for all my starting 14 NPRs!).

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #767 on: December 06, 2020, 03:40:57 AM »
Does the accuracy of beam weapons increase if the target is moving slower than its tracking speed?

For instance, would a 25% accuracy gauss turret have a higher chance of hitting a missile moving at 20k km if its tracking speed is 30k km?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #768 on: December 06, 2020, 03:47:30 AM »
The DIY way is to open the DB, extract the values, put them in excel, use the RAND function, place them back. For a single list it can be done in 3 mn top I would say (I did it for all my starting 14 NPRs!).

The way I do it is just to make a dozen new classes at the start of the game, and then pick and choose the names that I like best.

But I suppose that doesn't help the names given to ships of other races.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #769 on: December 06, 2020, 09:39:45 AM »
Does the accuracy of beam weapons increase if the target is moving slower than its tracking speed?

For instance, would a 25% accuracy gauss turret have a higher chance of hitting a missile moving at 20k km if its tracking speed is 30k km?

No

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #770 on: December 06, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »

The way I do it is just to make a dozen new classes at the start of the game, and then pick and choose the names that I like best.

But I suppose that doesn't help the names given to ships of other races.

No ... I eat my vegetables before my game, I set the race names for all my NPR in accordance to their theme, scrambled all their lists, and injected them back. Now, I can play without retouching any class name to any of the Earth NPR :-)

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #771 on: December 06, 2020, 01:15:14 PM »
Question, do I need a refueling system to refuel fighters within a carrier? Or the hangar provides everything needed (including transferring MSP and ordnance)

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #772 on: December 06, 2020, 01:32:14 PM »
Question, do I need a refueling system to refuel fighters within a carrier? Or the hangar provides everything needed (including transferring MSP and ordnance)

Military hangars provide all services - from refueling to maintenance to rearming to (in 1.13) armor repairs. So the answer is no you do not need anything beyond the hangar space and and available missiles in the magazine.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #773 on: December 06, 2020, 09:17:36 PM »

Military hangars provide all services - from refueling to maintenance to rearming to (in 1.13) armor repairs. So the answer is no you do not need anything beyond the hangar space and and available missiles in the magazine.
I didn't think they transferred MSP.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #774 on: December 06, 2020, 09:42:13 PM »
Do Replacement really work?

I have tried to use them but so far not even a single unit has moved from their formation to another.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #775 on: December 06, 2020, 09:50:31 PM »

I have tried to use them but so far not even a single unit has moved from their formation to another.

I tested it when 1.12 came out and it worked. You do have to use unit series to make it work, and it won't swap a unit out for an updated unit in the same series, it will only replace losses based on the formation template.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Ostar

• Leading Rate
  • O
« Reply #776 on: December 06, 2020, 10:08:02 PM »
I'm stumped getting Supply Ships to work. I have a Commercial vessel designated as a Supply Ship (SS), with 20K MSP, set to Resupply own Fleet (also tried sub-fleet).
Same location with a Military Ship (MS) down to 8% MSP. Nothing I seem to try transfers any MSP from the SS to the MS.
Joining the SS fleet/MS fleet/subfleets using all three resupply options in the Movement Orders, etc.

Can someone give me a step-by-step, please?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #777 on: December 06, 2020, 10:10:07 PM »

I tested it when 1.12 came out and it worked. You do have to use unit series to make it work, and it won't swap a unit out for an updated unit in the same series, it will only replace losses based on the formation template.

I kind did it, but still cannot manage. I have stopped my AAR because it's driving me nuts so now it is a principle matter! Day number 3, everything ready to be published only missing part is my ground units to replenish. Funny thing is that by now I would have manually finished to update them all!

;D

I thought unit series could be needed even if it wasn't said, but what if I have only 1 per kind as I have not researched any update yet?

I tried just with the infantry and despite having the series still does not work. I refuse to believe Steve wants us to get a series for every single unit or at least this is not what it was advertised here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg140370#msg140370

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #778 on: December 06, 2020, 10:11:01 PM »
I'm stumped getting Supply Ships to work. I have a Commercial vessel designated as a Supply Ship (SS), with 20K MSP, set to Resupply own Fleet (also tried sub-fleet).
Same location with a Military Ship (MS) down to 8% MSP. Nothing I seem to try transfers any MSP from the SS to the MS.
Joining the SS fleet/MS fleet/subfleets using all three resupply options in the Movement Orders, etc.

Can someone give me a step-by-step, please?

Cargo Shuttles?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #779 on: December 06, 2020, 11:48:29 PM »

I kind did it, but still cannot manage. I have stopped my AAR because it's driving me nuts so now it is a principle matter! Day number 3, everything ready to be published only missing part is my ground units to replenish. Funny thing is that by now I would have manually finished to update them all!

;D

I thought unit series could be needed even if it wasn't said, but what if I have only 1 per kind as I have not researched any update yet?

I tried just with the infantry and despite having the series still does not work. I refuse to believe Steve wants us to get a series for every single unit or at least this is not what it was advertised here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11593.msg140370#msg140370

You must have a unit series for every "kind" of unit or element, not for every individual unit. For example I can have a "Rifleman" series with elements Rifleman Mk I, Rifleman Mk II, and so on. This is the configuration I have tested and it works for me at least.

Make sure that you have designated a formation template for the unit you want to reinforce (I can't recall if in your game you started on 1.11, if so then old units may lack a template) and that the replacement formation has the "Use for Replacements" checkbox marked.

Also note that this replacement only happens after a construction increment, not any arbitrary game time increment. If you are not seeing the reinforcement behavior immediately try advancing time 5 days or however long.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982