Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 364978 times)

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #840 on: December 12, 2020, 06:03:06 PM »
Major populations are really, really, loud. Small populations are hard to spot, sure (couple thousand EM strength), but a homeworld will be radiating in the tens to hundreds of thousands. And because planets move really slowly, you can have your spy ship coasting along at 100km/s or so, and have basically zilch for thermal signature.

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #841 on: December 13, 2020, 04:01:14 PM »
With C# Aurora, is there an easy way to move an entire Army group (HQ and all sub-formations) with a simple order from the fleet screen? Right now, I have a troop transport capable of carrying 50k tons, and I have an HQ formation with four subformations, all totaling 50k tons. Even though I organized the subformations under the HQ in the Ground Units screen, if I order the fleet to only pick up the HQ, it breaks the link and leaves the subformation behind. I can't even shift-click to select the HQ plus sub formations in the fleet orders screen, it appears to only queue an order to load the HQ unit. I have to queue a separate load order for each sub unit.

I worry that when I move up to moving whole Divisions and larger, it will rapidly become tedious to queue 20, 30, 40 orders, unless I'm missing something simple!

Thanks!

EDIT: DISREGARD, "Load all Sub units" checkbox on fleet orders screen.

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #842 on: December 15, 2020, 11:34:06 AM »
I have just captured.  Well they surrendered I think. Enemy troop ships carrying troops. Question:  are the troops still hostile to me if I unload them on one of my planets, or are they friendly to me, and i can use them to attack the race i got them from?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #843 on: December 15, 2020, 02:09:39 PM »
I have just captured.  Well they surrendered I think. Enemy troop ships carrying troops. Question:  are the troops still hostile to me if I unload them on one of my planets, or are they friendly to me, and i can use them to attack the race i got them from?

Besides the obvious just try: what can possibly go wrong. If you can see the content of the troop transport in the ground unit hierarchy (the AT-AT icon on the top) then it means the troops are under your control so you can unload them safely and also use them or even see their composition.

The following users thanked this post: unkfester

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #844 on: December 15, 2020, 02:52:22 PM »
How many MSP a ship consumes in maintenance per year? 25% of its BP in MSP? Seems low (not that I complain!).

Edit, a remark ... I just discovered you can refit fighters! You have to dedicate a shipyard to that, but still, that's excellent news to modernize engines etc. I hope that's not a loophole, but if this is one, Steve don't read this message!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 02:59:37 PM by vorpal+5 »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #845 on: December 15, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »
It is Working As Intended, no fear!

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #846 on: December 15, 2020, 10:58:03 PM »
The game now only willing to run in 6 hours interval even I clicked on 30 days. Reason? Any way to fix?  :(
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 11:00:45 PM by pwhk »

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #847 on: December 15, 2020, 11:05:59 PM »
Probably NPR's fighting.  Nothing to do but wait it out.  Or you could turn on Space Master and turn off sensors in systems you're not in.  No sensors means no fighting.

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #848 on: December 15, 2020, 11:12:45 PM »
Yes NPR fighting is what I suspect. My last game it lasted for several months.........

How do you "turn off sensors in system you're not in"?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #849 on: December 15, 2020, 11:23:42 PM »
On the main window, turn on spacemaster mode by clicking the lightbulb button.  Then click on the gear.  Near the bottom left of this window, there should be a "Detection Settings" field.

Default is normal detection in all systems, where NPR's follow the same rules you do everywhere.

No detection without player presence means combat can't happen without a player in the system.

Automatic detection without player presence means detection is guaranteed in systems without a player present and combat is probably to the death; you'll get a burst of 5-second increments as the NPR's kill each other, but the fight will be decisive, so you shouldn't get months of 6-hour increments.

The following users thanked this post: pwhk

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #850 on: December 16, 2020, 03:15:31 AM »
With the new addition of Ordnance Transfer Systems and instant-moving of missiles removed, what is the best way to handle generalized transfers of various missiles between colonies using Commercial Ammunition Transports?

I have an AMT with 9600 MSP of Commercial Magazines and 6 Ordnance Transfer Systems I want to use to resupply colonies. The idea is it is a generalized missile frigate that say may load up with a mixed cargo of AMMs, ASMs, and long range drones, and then stop at various colonies in a single trip to unload varying numbers of missiles depending on supply need.

However, I can't seem to find a way to order to only Load or Unload X number of missile Y, like you can normally do with cargo. As best I can tell I have to keep changing the ship template for what missiles the class carries, and then do general Load/Unload at colony orders. I assume there's a better way to do that as different ships of the class will be transporting different missiles at different times. I couldn't find an easy Load/Unload Ordnance to Colony Menu like VB6 has.

How do I go about specifically directing which missiles should be loaded or unloaded at a specific colony for a commercial missile transport?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #851 on: December 16, 2020, 03:30:37 AM »
Real quick: what is the check list on the right-hand side of the Award Medal window?? It doesn't seem to do anything. Visual aide below.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #852 on: December 16, 2020, 03:49:31 AM »
Real quick: what is the check list on the right-hand side of the Award Medal window?? It doesn't seem to do anything. Visual aide below.

That is to identify who is getting the medal on multiple assignments.

So let's say you have admin command with 3 fleets each with a flag bridge and several ships.

You can assign the medal to all, just the fleet captains or the ships captains and so on.

In my campaign I have used it to award a medal to all the officers when we defeated the separatists.

Beware it's not perfect and sometimes it skippes officers (I may have just used it wrongly) but it's a nice tool.

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #853 on: December 16, 2020, 04:26:21 AM »
On the main window, turn on spacemaster mode by clicking the lightbulb button.  Then click on the gear.  Near the bottom left of this window, there should be a "Detection Settings" field.

Default is normal detection in all systems, where NPR's follow the same rules you do everywhere.

No detection without player presence means combat can't happen without a player in the system.

Automatic detection without player presence means detection is guaranteed in systems without a player present and combat is probably to the death; you'll get a burst of 5-second increments as the NPR's kill each other, but the fight will be decisive, so you shouldn't get months of 6-hour increments.

Actually I tried this before. Apparently whatever value I set is not saved :-\

I tried editing the DB directly for this option and not working either, still having months-long 6-hour increments  :(
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 04:33:36 AM by pwhk »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #854 on: December 16, 2020, 11:02:03 AM »
How do I go about specifically directing which missiles should be loaded or unloaded at a specific colony for a commercial missile transport?
You can set the class load in the design window and you can set the ship load in the fleet/ship window. That way you can have a default loadout for new ships of the class while also having different loads for each individual ship.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull