Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 356099 times)

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #915 on: December 24, 2020, 02:25:29 AM »
How does one make it so that constructed fighters automatically assign and dock themselves to their carrier?

What bearing does the strike group designations in the design screen have on this?

Not sure on the first one. For the latter I believe it's purely cosmetic as there's no feature to actually build a carrier and its fighters in one order, but it is useful to remind you what you intended to put in a carrier I guess.

- This feature has been added into 1.13.0 :)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #916 on: December 24, 2020, 02:44:55 AM »

The 1.13 changes thread only lists this as a change to Instant Build.

The presumption here was that it already exists in the game for normal build, although thinking about it that seems unlikely as there's no way to guarantee that the specified Carrier is actually in orbit when the fighter gets built so it may only ever be for instant building.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #917 on: December 24, 2020, 03:11:40 AM »

The 1.13 changes thread only lists this as a change to Instant Build.

The presumption here was that it already exists in the game for normal build, although thinking about it that seems unlikely as there's no way to guarantee that the specified Carrier is actually in orbit when the fighter gets built so it may only ever be for instant building.

- Ah, that's true I forgot that by setting strike groups up the fighters will be auto assigned.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #918 on: December 24, 2020, 04:22:06 AM »
Ah balls, I completely forgot about the 1.13 thing. I even thanked the post in question lol.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #919 on: December 24, 2020, 02:52:01 PM »
Is the term 'aero' applicable to engineering spacecraft that operate in deep space and not just in orbit?

For instance, would it be appropriate to name your engine manufacturer 'Acme Aerospace Industries'? Or is aerospace another field of study?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #920 on: December 24, 2020, 03:04:05 PM »
Is the term 'aero' applicable to engineering spacecraft that operate in deep space and not just in orbit?

For instance, would it be appropriate to name your engine manufacturer 'Acme Aerospace Industries'? Or is aerospace another field of study?

While I'd be inclined to think "aero == air", according to a quick Google/Wiki walk the term "aerospace" applies to both air and space engineering.

So, yes.

E: Looks like that's specific to the term "aerospace". Aeronautics for instance is expressly concerned with airspace, although one could argue that language evolves in unpredictable ways over time.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 03:06:03 PM by nuclearslurpee »

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #921 on: December 24, 2020, 04:51:07 PM »
How do i make that the populations i grant independence are AI controlled NPR's??
Or eventually how do i trade populations/planets with AI ? Not even trade, just give them one planet population away.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #922 on: December 24, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »
How do i make that the populations i grant independence are AI controlled NPR's??
Or eventually how do i trade populations/planets with AI ? Not even trade, just give them one planet population away.
You can't. The AI implementation can't handle them.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #923 on: December 24, 2020, 07:11:47 PM »

E: Looks like that's specific to the term "aerospace". Aeronautics for instance is expressly concerned with airspace, although one could argue that language evolves in unpredictable ways over time.

Yeah, I guess if you use naval terms for space stuff you can use air stuff as well.

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #924 on: December 24, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
Is it normal that the 0.75 size / 4x recharge speed tech doesn't reduce the size of the 10cm Laser? I noticed that if I apply it to a 10cm laser, the recharge rate is 4x longer, but the size remains 150 tons (I would expect it to reduce to 112.5 tons). It works fine on the 12cm laser, dropping the size to 150 tons from 200 tons.

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #925 on: December 24, 2020, 09:48:33 PM »
It probably reduces the size in HS and then rounds up again.

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #926 on: December 24, 2020, 09:56:07 PM »
Is it normal that the 0.75 size / 4x recharge speed tech doesn't reduce the size of the 10cm Laser? I noticed that if I apply it to a 10cm laser, the recharge rate is 4x longer, but the size remains 150 tons (I would expect it to reduce to 112.5 tons). It works fine on the 12cm laser, dropping the size to 150 tons from 200 tons.

--- This is very likely to be EXACTLY the case, although I do not know if / how / when this will addressed as it just as you said. The 0.75z reduction is more or less useless for the 10cm Laser at this point in time.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #927 on: December 24, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

--- This is very likely to be EXACTLY the case, although I do not know if / how / when this will addressed as it just as you said. The 0.75z reduction is more or less useless for the 10cm Laser at this point in time.

Cpuld be sorted by a roundown exception just for this tech rather then roundup.

However, I wonder if then the next step of 0.5 will end up being same as 0.75.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #928 on: December 25, 2020, 01:16:13 AM »

This appears to be correct. I tested 10cm / 0.5 size and the resulting weapon has size 2 HS (100 tons). Additionally you can see this effect at larger focal sizes with the 75% size.

Interestingly, the rounding is not consistent: 15 cm lasers (base 5 HS / 250 ton size) with the 50% size are only 2 HS (100 tons) so it rounds down instead of up. Frankly this seems like an outdated bit of rounding in the game code and I wouldn't be surprised if Steve were to clean this up if someone posted this in the bugs or suggestions thread (which one? I don't know...).

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #929 on: December 25, 2020, 06:52:52 AM »
You can't. The AI implementation can't handle them.
That is some bullsmeg :(
Is the "enough unrest makes the population split and make its own empire" feature still planned?
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."