Author Topic: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition  (Read 345886 times)

The_force and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Questions Not Worth Their Own Thread: C# Edition
« Reply #2730 on: June 25, 2022, 02:33:40 PM »
That would be tricky if you were placing jump portal stations as they have to be on the JP to work obviously. Which suggests JPs could usefully be snap-to objects for waypoints, like planets and moons, no? Then the zoom could be locked at 6k.

Waypoints are already supposed to snap (and orbit with) bodies, so I hope it shouldn't be asking much for Steve to extend the same bit of code to cover JPs - or fleets for that matter as sometimes it is useful to mark the current location of a fleet before it moves away.

The following users thanked this post: boolybooly

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2731 on: June 25, 2022, 05:38:29 PM »
You don't need waypoints for stations. Just give the JP itself as the destination/target for your tug to release the station.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2732 on: June 25, 2022, 06:46:08 PM »
You don't need waypoints for stations. Just give the JP itself as the destination/target for your tug to release the station.

He means doing it with SM mode, admittedly I'm not sure why using a tug isn't an option but still.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2733 on: June 25, 2022, 08:24:46 PM »

He means doing it with SM mode, admittedly I'm not sure why using a tug isn't an option but still.

I'm confused.
How would I use a tug to move a fleet instantly (which is what SM mode does)?

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2734 on: June 27, 2022, 12:58:46 PM »
Does anyone knows when the new patch is going up? Steve told us a few months ago that it would be a few weeks, but then he decided to implement new stuff but i haven't heard if he set a new date for it.

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2735 on: June 27, 2022, 01:06:30 PM »
Last report from Steve was that he had various family events and vacations until mid-July which was the earliest probable candidate for a release date. No idea if that will actually happen or if he will come back and decide to rewrite the entire AI code or something...

The following users thanked this post: Agraelgrimm

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2736 on: June 27, 2022, 01:34:22 PM »
Quick question:
When I have ship with a maintenance module and commercial hangar deck does ships in this hangar use this maintenance module?

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2737 on: June 27, 2022, 01:45:23 PM »
Quick question:
When I have ship with a maintenance module and commercial hangar deck does ships in this hangar use this maintenance module?

I haven't tried it, but by the intent of these two components (as written by Steve), any military ship in a commercial hangar will still need maintenance, and would therefore make use of the maintenance module to stop its maintenance clock, assuming sufficient MSP are available (either on the military ship itself, or at any population at the location, or on any supply ship at the location).

(And a commercial ship, of course, doesn't care about maintenance.)

The following users thanked this post: Voltbot

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2738 on: June 27, 2022, 01:57:55 PM »
Quick question:

I haven't tried it, but by the intent of these two components (as written by Steve), any military ship in a commercial hangar will still need maintenance, and would therefore make use of the maintenance module to stop its maintenance clock, assuming sufficient MSP are available (either on the military ship itself, or at any population at the location, or on any supply ship at the location).

(And a commercial ship, of course, doesn't care about maintenance.)

Thanks! I need it for an idea of fighter-like navy. Simply building rather small and light armoured, but fast, with a lot of firepower and excellent point defense ships. That needs something like carriers. But I want to reduce supply cost as much as possible, so I will make these carriers commercial.

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2739 on: June 28, 2022, 12:25:03 AM »
Quick question:
They don't even use planetary maintenance facilities when the commercial hangar (housing military ships) is in orbit of a colony (clocks still go up), so I would bet that they would not use the component facility either.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Voltbot

• Chief Petty Officer
  • V
« Reply #2740 on: June 28, 2022, 05:09:14 PM »
I was making a lot of questions lately, so there is another one:
Is there any point to grand Independence to colonies, aside from roleplay?
Am I correct, that after granting independence they are still player controlled?
Is there any way to share technology and minerals between empires? (aside from weird thing, like making fake war to do boarding actions and creating wreckages, or just using SM)

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2741 on: June 28, 2022, 05:41:03 PM »
I was making a lot of questions lately, so there is another one:
Is there any point to grand Independence to colonies, aside from roleplay?

No, aside from maybe some really exploity ideas about manipulating NPR diplomacy.

Am I correct, that after granting independence they are still player controlled?

Yes.

Is there any way to share technology and minerals between empires? (aside from weird thing, like making fake war to do boarding actions and creating wreckages, or just using SM)

Just using SM.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2742 on: June 28, 2022, 06:40:45 PM »
Last report from Steve was that he had various family events and vacations until mid-July which was the earliest probable candidate for a release date. No idea if that will actually happen or if he will come back and decide to rewrite the entire AI code or something...

I am currently on a two-week trip in a motorhome to Scotland. So far Loch Lomond, Isle of Mull, Loch Ness and now Loch Linnhe. There has been some whisky involved. I'll be back home on Sunday, but then a very busy week at work. That follows a week-long trip to Nottinghamshire in March, a ten day trip in late April to the Welsh borders and a family holiday to the Norfolk Broads for nine days in mid-May. My next two-week Motorhome trip starts mid-August (music festival, then Cotswolds) so my intention is to try to get something out in those intervening few weeks. I have to caveat that my intentions are often overridden by events :)

The following users thanked this post: AlStar, snapto, Viridia, doodle_sm, xenoscepter

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #2743 on: June 28, 2022, 08:43:44 PM »
...my intention is to try to get something out in those intervening few weeks.

Forget about it.
Live your life, do your things. Come back around to this particular hobby project when you get around to it.

Aurora C# 1.13 is the best space 4x experience available. I can abide playing it quite some more time yet.

The following users thanked this post: Steve Walmsley, xenoscepter

Offline xenoscepter (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2744 on: June 29, 2022, 11:29:04 AM »
...I have to caveat that my intentions are often overridden by events :)

--- While 2.0 would be a most welcome thing, I concur with skroomit... live your life, 1.13 is still above and beyond a best-in-class 4X. We'll cheer if you give us the 2.0, but we'll not grumble if you don't. I wish you the best on your holiday.

The following users thanked this post: Steve Walmsley