C# Aurora > C# Suggestions

Suggestions Thread for v2.0

<< < (2/154) > >>

Marski:
Please consider adding a game option to prevent combat in Sol for multi-NPR earth starts, which doesn't apply to non-sol NPR, to simulate treaties and to greatly extend the average lifespan of earth NPR factions.

somebody1212:
Couple of small requests:

Currently, if you set an explosion chance / explosion quantity on any component that does not normally have an explosion chance (e.g. a weapon or sensor) in FCT_ShipDesignComponents, it will not explode when hit (since this type of component would not normally explode in Aurora). It would be quite nice if this was implemented, though obviously not critical since this is not something that will ever occur in vanilla Aurora.

Secondly, currently there is a button for SM-repairing every damaged component on a ship, but no way of SM-repairing a specific component. There's been a couple of bugs I've encountered in the past (most notably damaged fire controls continuing to fire) where being able to SM-repair and SM-damage specific components would have been extremely useful for fixing the issue without needing to modify the database (in this case, SM-repair the fire control, manually order it to cease fire and unassign the weapons, then SM-damage the fire control again).

Zhukov:
Research tab:

Allow 'sort by date completed' option to be default once selected.

Scnaeg:
Standing orders for salvage fleets would be great. Like: If "Cargo bay full" then "Unload all minerals and ship components at colony"

Jorgen_CAB:
I would love a second pass on the ground combat mechanics, especially an overview of air combat is certainly needed.

The one other thing I would like is some sort of combat width system so you can't engage with ALL of your forces against a much smaller force. This should also be based on colony type and the size of the civilian population. I also think that civilian infrastructure should be part of the ground combat more, defending in the cities and colonies of a planet needs to be harder to attack than if you defend the whole planet.

A small colonial moon with a few million population could still be very difficult to take if the defence is concentrated in the civilian population centres rather than the planet itself. So there should be a choice by the defender if they want to defend the colonies (populations centres) or strategically defend the planet. If the colonies are only defended then the attacker should be able to deploy their forces to the planet without much combat and it would become more of a siege than pure conflict.

Something along those lines... and the air warfare needs to be looked at... currently I just ignore that as it is wat too micro intensive and not worth the resources using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version