Author Topic: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 10176 times)

Offline cdrtwohy

• Chief Petty Officer
  • c
Re: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2022, 05:29:29 AM »
The small craft refuelling system system only works between ships of 1000 tons or less (the tanker and the ship being refueled have to be 1000 tons or less).

The description really ought to include that information. Also, it appears that a craft larger than 1000t that has both a normal and a small–ship refueling system cannot use either. In my opinion it is always a design mistake to put more than one refueling system on any ship, so the game ought to give a warning for that the same way it does for missing bridges and engineering spaces.

I do get the SRS rules now and like the idea of small fighter class refuelling logistics. ;D In fact I am using it currently with small sub 1kt explorers and support/S&R tankers.

I didnt return to this because its minor and I didn't want to burden Steve with trivia but yes the small refuel system seems to prevent using a standard refuel system if they are both on the same ship. Which cannot help gameplay and only occurred due to testing in a state of confusion about rules.

I did test inter-ship refuelling just to be on the safe side and it works fine. Refuelling a ship with small refuel system from a ship with a standard refuel system works and if you try to refuel any ship size from a mixed fleet with both systems in separate ships that works too, so ... nothing to report  :)

why would you put both types of refueling on a ship? the big one refuels all ships and the small one just fighters. there is no need to have both on a single platform

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2022, 05:52:48 AM »
It appears that the base rate of 200 Commanders per Military Academy Installation in game setup was not adjusted to take into account the doubled Commander gain speed and the fact that Administrators and Scientists got their rates basically halved in this change:

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg157218#msg157218

This means a 2.0 start has effectively half as many Scientists and Administrators as 1.3 which is probably unintended.

The base rate was 100 per academy in v1.13, so there are now twice as many starting commanders in v2.0 which accounts for the reduction in scientist and admin percentages. v1.13 did have a minimum number of 150 commanders so it will cause a difference if there is only one starting academy. I will change that minimum to 300 for v2.0
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 05:54:59 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2022, 06:09:49 AM »
I can see a difference between quoted development cost and actual research cost for missiles in 2.0.2 which I thought I ought to report.

Presumably cosmetic (unless both are wrong)!

e.g. 'Silverfish' see screeny, the design panel states 589 and the research window offers 383. Unless I have misunderstood the meaning of development cost in this context there appears to be a discrepancy. If I make a MFC for 102 development cost it comes out as 102 research so I am assuming they should be the same.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1. Design screen had display error.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 07:46:12 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline rainyday

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2022, 07:35:06 AM »
On 2.0.2. When creating a new game with Known Stars **deselected** games freeze and does not generate properly the DB.

I'm seeing this a lot too. Even with no starting NPR or spoilers enabled. I messed around with the settings a bit trying to figure out a more specific cause without success. I did manage to get a game with 4 NPRs created after about 10 attempts and another one with 1 player race in Sol took 3 tries. This is with Known Stars off.

Offline simast

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • s
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2022, 07:50:44 AM »
If I set reserve level for a mineral (say sorium 1000) - mass drivers stop working somehow? As a result other minerals are accumulated as well, even if their reserve level is 0.

(I have enough mass driver capacity to cover mineral production)

SJW: Fixed for v2.1. The minerals in reserve were being included in the potential amount to send, reducing capacity for non-reserve minerals
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:05:56 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: Snoman314

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2022, 08:03:34 AM »
Getting multiple #3409 function error when progressing this save for 5 days. Continuing after ~10 days hostile ground forces appear on Luna instantly, no ship detection happens despite covered deep in DSTS range...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:07:57 AM by pwhk »

Offline mpf0214

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2022, 11:43:46 AM »
I can't find the checkbox to set a race as hostile/neutral in the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window.

Did it move somewhere else? or is it a bug?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2022, 12:05:25 PM »
I can't find the checkbox to set a race as hostile/neutral in the Intelligence and Foreign Relations window.

For clarity - Is the race currently appearing as neutral or hostile?

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2022, 01:01:48 PM »
possible visual glitch

after updating my ground Forces commanders ranks new Naval admins are pulling in the Ground forces ranks

Some testing, I can manually assign Naval officers to the mislabeled groups but they will not be auto assigned or promoted into those ranks
Further related information on CdrTwohy's issues:

I have extended my naval officer rank system and suffered the same visual glitches (showing MG, LTG, GEN, and GA in naval organization). Also, it appears that my officers will not auto-promote above what used to be fleet admiral rank (R8).

I have not yet tested whether or not manually promoted officers will be assigned to commands that require those ranks.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

The following users thanked this post: Zhukov

Offline mpf0214

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • m
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2022, 02:10:02 PM »
Quote from: Droll link=topic=13028. msg161146#msg161146 date=1660151125
Quote from: mpf0214 link=topic=13028. msg161145#msg161145 date=1660149826

For clarity - Is the race currently appearing as neutral or hostile?

It is showing as neutral.  It attacked my fleets in Sol, but I cannot set it to hostile.

Offline Coleslaw

• I got the Versacis on, stop playin'!
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2022, 05:08:02 PM »
Raiders destroyed one of my fuel harvesting stations in orbit around Jupiter. I fought them off and brought in a salvaging ship to salvage the destroyed station. Despite the fuel harvesting station not having small compressed fuel storage systems, I got research points towards it. Screenshots attached.

(Very uncreative ship names, I know. :) )

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 08:12:20 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline fwskungen

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • f
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2022, 08:22:30 PM »
The Ship Tonnage don't add up.

I'm assuming this is raider ships as they just appeared randomly.  Anyway the Problem is that the Sensor Tonnage of the ships and the Shown Sensor tonnage don't mach is this a bug? 
I had this happen earlier as well but i didn't notice it before i had killed the enemy so i have no evidence for this.  I believe the ships are 7100 tonne ships as the last one was quite hard to kill. 
No idea what happened.

Added picture and DB file if anybody wanna poke around

SJW: Working as intended. They have cloaks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 02:42:25 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2022, 08:28:46 PM »
The Ship Tonnage don't add up.

I'm assuming this is raider ships as they just appeared randomly.  Anyway the Problem is that the Sensor Tonnage of the ships and the Shown Sensor tonnage don't mach is this a bug? 
I had this happen earlier as well but i didn't notice it before i had killed the enemy so i have no evidence for this.  I believe the ships are 7100 tonne ships as the last one was quite hard to kill. 
No idea what happened.

Added picture and DB file if anybody wanna poke around
This sounds like it is working as intended. Cloaking devices can reduce a ship's cross-section (and apparent tonnage) to sensors. If a ship's cloaking device is destroyed, it's sensor contact will change to it's actual tonnage, and if the ship is destroyed, it's wreck will also show the actual tonnage.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2022, 08:53:11 PM »
On 2.0.2. When creating a new game with Known Stars **deselected** games freeze and does not generate properly the DB.

I'm seeing this a lot too. Even with no starting NPR or spoilers enabled. I messed around with the settings a bit trying to figure out a more specific cause without success. I did manage to get a game with 4 NPRs created after about 10 attempts and another one with 1 player race in Sol took 3 tries. This is with Known Stars off.

I can also confirm that this can happen, but have had similar issues nailing down a set of reproduction steps.

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2022, 09:37:06 PM »
I'm having an issue in 2.0.2 with the "Show Next Tech" option in the "Create Research Project".  When I check this option on some but not all research fields, 1 or more of the tech option drop down menus will be blank, and it will throw the following error:

"2.0.2 Function #2635: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This happens in Active Sensors/Missile Fire Control, Beam Fire Control, Gauss Cannon, Jump Engines, and Missile Launchers.  There is no crash and unchecking the "Show Next Tech" option returns everything back to normal.

SJW: This was already reported and is in the list of changes for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 02:41:51 AM by Steve Walmsley »