Scenarios > Aurora

Scenario Idea

(1/3) > >>

Erik L:
One I've had puttering around the noggin for a while.

Your researchers may only research "civilian/infrastructure" type techs. Missile reload, weapon calibers, etc are verboten, except when there is a war. Then all research is available. When the war is over, back to the civilian only research. Research in progress when the war ends may be completed.

Ships may be designed, but only refits may be done in peacetime (under 50% cost). Only new construction would be civilian (grav survey count as civ for this purpose). The only new military construction that may be done is when a new sector command is created. Planets use PDCs and ground troops for protection.

Troops may only be created in sufficient quantity to garrison colonies.

Any thoughts on what the starting parameters should be? NPR count, etc? And any other restrictions you can think of?

OAM47:
I like it.  I personally RP like that (not nearly as restrictive of course, but requiring a good solid reason to upgrade ships, etc), and I know some others do too.  Might I suggest that there's a general grace period after war too.  Not just completing research, but bringing forces up into a nice structure as well, IE allow fleet replacements up to a "normal" level in case shipbuilding was lagging during the war.

Erik L:
Maybe something like a set tonnage or number of hulls per population would be a good limit too.

The grace period is a good idea. I had fleet replacements in mind, just neglected to put it down :)

Panopticon:
Could take it farther and only allow it when conflict actually causes casualties. Representing the civilian leadership not feeling threatened enough to allow resources to be diverted to upgrades, "We have the greatest fleet in space, and the navy wants more money for upgrades? We won our last encounter without a scratch!"

Conscript Gary:
To take it along a Star Trek Federation route, with regards to alien races attempting to follow the Prime Directive in these circumstances would be interesting.
Probably crippling, but interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version