Author Topic: Background  (Read 2076 times)

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Discord Username: doodleSM
Background
« on: February 04, 2022, 10:10:02 AM »
A Halo themed campaign for Aurora 2.0. I am very excited to announce this After Action Report which has been months in preparation! I'll be writing updates once 2.0 drops!
"Your destruction is the will of the gods, and we are their instrument."

In 938 BCE the San-Shyuum aboard an ancient Forerunner dreadnought encountered the Sangheili in the Sanghelios system. The San-Shyuum sought the planet of Sanghelios for its abundance of Forerunner materials and artifacts. The two races clashed over ideological differences on how these relics should be treated. The San-Shyuum wished to utilize the relics to progress technology while the Sangheili demanded reverence for the ancient Forerunners. The war between the Sangheili and the San-Shyuum lasted for eighty-six years. Although the Sangheili had numerical advantage, it was soon swept away by the might of the Forerunner dreadnought (as well as the insights gained from the study of Forerunner relics).

The war almost annihilated the two races. The Sangheili deemed that the dreadnought was unstoppable and the San-Shyuum admitted if the Sangheili were too deadly, then there might be other forms of sentient life far more threatening to their race. The war eventually brought the Sangheili to defy their own religious beliefs; they began to study and harness the Forerunner technology to avoid defeat. With both sides using Forerunner technology, it became a stalemate. But the dreadnought remained undefeated still. The bitter Sangheili admitted defeat and surrendered. As they surrendered, the Sangheili did not feel their warrior traditions dishonored. The San-Shyuum proved to be a worthy adversary, they offered to ally themselves with the Sangheili. In 852 BCE, the two races formed a truce to forgive each other. Sangheili Leader Pelahsar and a San-Shyuum representative Breaking Shadow wrote the Writ of Union which formalized peace and alliance with the two.

The Writ of Union established the Covenant. The Sangheili stand with the San-Shyuum, ready to survive and endeavor the harsh and the unknown. Soon all in the galaxy shall walk the path of the Great Journey!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 08:35:02 AM by doodle_sm »
Maybe, in the end, this was the best that any warrior could hope for. A chance to reconcile with your enemy, or, failing that, to fall in the pursuit of peace

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: (1) Background
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 10:11:40 AM »
A bit different than my usual setup, dear reader, you can post comments in each thread! I thank Garfunkel for the inspiration
Maybe, in the end, this was the best that any warrior could hope for. A chance to reconcile with your enemy, or, failing that, to fall in the pursuit of peace

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 10:35:32 AM »
A bit different than my usual setup, dear reader, you can post comments in each thread! I thank Garfunkel for the inspiration

I note with some amusement that this is not the only inspiration you have taken from Garfunkel, as his Aurora 1890 AAR was also started with background information prior to the actual release of C#. I can only assume you will also take inspiration from his quite majestic pace of updates.  ;)

An interesting setup, playing the Covenant instead of the more common UNSC will be a fresh take on the Halo universe I think. In any case it is good to finally see this is going on, as I've been waiting since I saw the subforum for this AAR to start.

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm

Offline doodle_sm (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2022, 10:42:16 AM »
I note with some amusement that this is not the only inspiration you have taken from Garfunkel, as his Aurora 1890 AAR was also started with background information prior to the actual release of C#. I can only assume you will also take inspiration from his quite majestic pace of updates.  ;)

I may have had liberal acquiring of his format as well! One thing I'm going to focus on this game is pacing (much like Garfunkel's). I've noticed in my most of my AARs, I get too bogged down in the pre-Jump part of the experience. I want to instead get out of the starting system within at most 2 updates. Which will be very possible with the starting tech I gave myself. I didn't mention in the (2) thread which Engine Tech I have, but it's going to be Ion Engines with 0.7 fuel efficiency.

I'm excited for this AAR :)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 03:18:59 AM »
I am flattered!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: doodle_sm