Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 91718 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #165 on: May 05, 2021, 05:00:15 AM »
If I fire an overkill number of missiles targeted at a single target in a multi-ship fleet, and my missiles have active sensor seekerheads, shouldn't the "extra" missiles after my target dies, retarget to other nearby enemy ships? Because right now they all explode as if they hit something, but only the originally targeted ship is damaged/killed.

I fired 294 missiles at a single ship belonging to a precursor fleet of 3 enemy ships, all same speed and size. 167x missiles ended up having successful intercepts according to the log. However, only one ship was hit (32 times) and was destroyed. The remaining extra "overkill" missiles exploded, doing no damage to the other two ships:

This is working as intended. The missiles all arrived at the same time and simultaneously attacked the same ship. The missiles can't know ahead of time how many will be needed to destroy the ship, so none are held back for retargeting. If the missiles were in multiples waves, then the missiles that had not yet reached the target when it was destroyed would be retargeted, because they have time to act on the knowledge.

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2021, 05:45:26 AM »
So you're saying if I hadn't ever had a sensor contact with these Precursor ships before, then I would have gotten a proper sub-pulse interrupt?    But because I've seen them once before, decades earlier, now they don't ever interrupt sub-pulses when they appear again with the same stats?

Yes. It's really weird, and not the behavior most players desire nor expect, but it is WAD although the volume of complaints suggests the D could use some adjustments (which, again, is a suggestions thread topic of some frequency).

This bothers me so much that I'm going to write a db script that will auto-purge old contacts, just to force the game to throw an interrupt at the next sighting.

The problem seems to be that re-establishing contact is not treated as a 'contact update'. I've fixed that for v1.14. When contact is re-established, a contact update event will be generated. A hostile re-established contact will trigger an interrupt.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler, Droll, serger, Zap0, skoormit, nuclearslurpee

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2021, 06:01:37 AM »
"Create Colony" from the Naval Organization window used to work previously, but now that I have two species to choose from, it no longer creates a colony on the chosen body. I had to go to System Body View to create a colony (which defaulted to Human, and didn't ask me to choose a species).

I've fixed the button on Naval Organization window. On the System View window, the colony is created using the species that is selected in the top right species dropdown.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2021, 08:15:58 AM »
Hey steve or someone knowledgeable of error codes need help really quick with this one, I have been making my custom premade scenario and I am starting to get this every construction cycle, so if someone could let me know what it means I can see if I can track down the culprit and delete/fix it.

it seems harmless as time still advances but its of course quite annoying.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2021, 11:36:36 AM »
Hey steve or someone knowledgeable of error codes need help really quick with this one, I have been making my custom premade scenario and I am starting to get this every construction cycle, so if someone could let me know what it means I can see if I can track down the culprit and delete/fix it.

The error is somewhere in AI Diplomacy, but that isn't a small function so hard to know the cause without more context.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2021, 11:46:11 AM »

The error is somewhere in AI Diplomacy, but that isn't a small function so hard to know the cause without more context.

The only "diplomacy" I have done is related to SM establishing communications with another NPR in system, along with changing their name and image etc. I can provide the DB, I would really like to get this solved as this DB is planned to be the one with the premade scenario for other players and I dont think an error every construction cycle will make it too appealing.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2021, 01:07:57 PM »

The only "diplomacy" I have done is related to SM establishing communications with another NPR in system, along with changing their name and image etc. I can provide the DB, I would really like to get this solved as this DB is planned to be the one with the premade scenario for other players and I dont think an error every construction cycle will make it too appealing.

Unfortunately, the DB won't help as my code base has moved on so I will just generate errors trying to load a v1.13 database.

Somewhere in that function, something is missing that the code expects to find. It could be a system, a race, a ship, etc. but there is no way to know what. One thing you could try (after backing up the DB) is deleting all the records from the various FCT_Alien<xxx> tables. The game will generate them all again as a result of contacts and it might solve the issue.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2021, 01:10:41 PM »

Unfortunately, the DB won't help as my code base has moved on so I will just generate errors trying to load a v1.13 database.

Somewhere in that function, something is missing that the code expects to find. It could be a system, a race, a ship, etc. but there is no way to know what. One thing you could try (after backing up the DB) is deleting all the records from the various FCT_Alien<xxx> tables. The game will generate them all again as a result of contacts and it might solve the issue.

It only appeared later on and i have been taking many save files so my plan is to go back reload databases and see when it occurred, also i may have to go into the DB yes unfortunately I have never touched the DB before so that will be fun, also on the code base thing couldnt you for example just download your own 1.13 release and then load my game and check the database? and code or would that not work?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #173 on: May 05, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »
Civilian Shipping Contracts are overfilling.

After a civilian ship loads an installation at the supply location, the "Assigned" amount of the demand contract reduces by 1.
If a new supply contract for this installation is created before this ship finishes unloading at the destination, the civvies will use that supply to fulfill the original demand contract again.
This can happen over and over for a single demand contract.
A civ ship will eventually deliver the installation, causing that demand contract to be deleted. But all the others en route will finish their delivery.

Steps to reproduce:

0) Ensure that a shipping company exists and that no supply or demand contracts currently exist.
1) Create a supply contract for 1 installation at Colony A (make sure Colony A has at least 1 such installation).
2) Create a demand contract for 1 of the same installation at Colony B (must be in same system as Colony A, or a jumpgate route must exist from A to B).
3) Advance time until a civilian freighter has been assigned to deliver the installation. Note that the "Assigned" amount has changed to 1 for both the supply and the demand contract.
4) Advance time until the civilian freighter has finished loading the installation at Colony A and begun moving to B. Note that the supply contract has disappeared, and the "Assigned" amount has changed back to 0 for the demand contract.
5) Create a new supply contract for 1 of the same installation at Colony A. Do not create any matching demand contract.
6) Advance time. If/when a civilian freighter becomes available before the original freighter has unloaded the installation at B, the newly available freighter will be assigned to deliver the installation from A to B. The supply and demand contract "Assigned" amounts will change to 1 and the ship will move to A, load the installation (which reduces the "Assigned" amount on the demand contract back to 0), and begin moving to B.
7) If you like, go back to step 5 and do it again. See how many civvies you can get loaded up before the original freighter finally delivers the installation.

Fixed for v1.14: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg151550#msg151550
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:31:52 AM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Ancalagon

Offline Ancalagon

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #174 on: May 05, 2021, 05:26:49 PM »
The "Fill Class" button doesn't seem to work fully. It only adds munitions to the current ship (like the "Fill Ship" button does) rather than all members of the class.

SJW: Fixed for v1.14
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:30:54 PM by Steve Walmsley »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2021, 05:26:59 PM »
on the code base thing couldnt you for example just download your own 1.13 release and then load my game and check the database? and code or would that not work?

The released executable is a binary file so I can't see the code. When I run my own code I can step through it line by line in debug mode and check the values of all variables. I could theoretically convert the executable back into source code but it is obfuscated :)

If I was doing this commercially, I would have version control so I could go back to any previous version and run that code. As it is a hobby project and I have limited time at the moment, I don't really want the hassle of version control.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »
Small one but incredibly frakking annoying - Ship hull type letters ( FFG, DDG, BB etc ) dont appear in most class table, especially in shipyards.
Not a biggie at the start but real pain in the ass when you start hitting 10plus ship types.

Oh and i seem to have a bug when "unload all instalations" from the ship unloads only some - i tested on Auto mines/Mass driver combo and mass drivers arent getting unloaded first time and you need to repeat the order.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 10:09:35 AM by GodEmperor »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline nebbish

• Leading Rate
  • n
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2021, 01:42:35 PM »
The function number:

The function number 1412
The complete error text Function #1412: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
The window affected Main Screen
What you were doing at the time passing time 5 days with green light
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? a dot ". "
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? One off so far
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - year 73 with 5% research rate so this game has been running short time as only explored Sol

Error box kept coming up had to spam enter tons of times to get out of it eventually the error ceased after spamming enter.

Weird result of this bug is that the mass drivers have mass produced resources on earth my stockpiles for my resources have jumped up from tens of thousands to tens of millions of each resource.

Just quick question is it possible to amend the minerals through SM somewhere or will it have to be a DB edit?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #178 on: May 07, 2021, 02:38:56 PM »
The function number:

The function number 1412
The complete error text Function #1412: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.
The window affected Main Screen
What you were doing at the time passing time 5 days with green light
Conventional or TN start - Conventional
Random or Real Stars - Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? a dot ". "
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? One off so far
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - year 73 with 5% research rate so this game has been running short time as only explored Sol

Error box kept coming up had to spam enter tons of times to get out of it eventually the error ceased after spamming enter.

Weird result of this bug is that the mass drivers have mass produced resources on earth my stockpiles for my resources have jumped up from tens of thousands to tens of millions of each resource.

Just quick question is it possible to amend the minerals through SM somewhere or will it have to be a DB edit?

The error is in the function that handles movement of mass driver packets. The distances use doubles, so the only decimals are for size and speed. Are either of those unusually large?

To edit the resources at the colony, go to Mining Tab in SM Mode, unclick the 'Double-click Sets Reserve Level' checkbox and double click on the mineral for which you wish to edit the stockpile.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #179 on: May 07, 2021, 03:37:20 PM »
EDIT: Auto Assign FC makes the railguns reappear.

For some reason my railguns are not appearing in the ship combat tab for a destroyer that was refit from a previous version.

Notes:
-This is a destroyer that was refit from a previous version. Railguns are same type but twin gauss cannon are different.
-When I "instant build" a destroyer the railguns appear for that destroyer in the ship combat tab.
-Another possible cause is that I've prebuilt some railguns (but not twin gauss cannon) at the shipyard colony and it somehow bugs out the refit.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:39:39 PM by RagnarVaren »