Author Topic: Aurora Electrons - Looking Inwards  (Read 21558 times)

Offline prunkstation (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
Re: Aurora Electrons - Looking Inwards
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2021, 03:00:41 AM »
New version v0.8.8

Download: https://github.com/rubybrowncoat/Aurora-Electrons/releases/tag/v0.8.8

I have unexplored Ancient Construct on my colony and Electrons shows me what type it is (Warnings - Others - Unexploited ancient constructs). That might be something that users would prefere to be unknown.
🐛 Fixes dormant constructs
🐛 Fixes wasted production bug

✨ Contacts warning

The following users thanked this post: Black, serger, Warer, Jobran180

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2021, 08:23:40 AM »
It seems that there is some issue with Populations section of Warnings tab.

It only shows one population with free construction capacity even when there are several colonies with free capacity. If I start construction and refresh it, it will show next free population and so on until there are no populations with free construction capacity.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2021, 01:20:56 AM »
Mmm. Doesn't look like I'm seeing this error on any of the saves I have available for testing. Could you provide more context, details or a savegame where it is currently showing up?

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2021, 11:22:26 AM »
I attached my current game database. I have two colonies that have unused construction factories (Elbara and Citadel). Electrons only shows Elbara as colony with free construction capacity.

I downloaded Electrons again to see if that helps, but even fresh download shows only one colony in this situation.

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2021, 09:33:26 AM »
New version v0.8.9

Download: https://github.com/rubybrowncoat/Aurora-Electrons/releases/tag/v0.8.9

It only shows one population with free construction capacity even when there are several colonies with free capacity. If I start construction and refresh it, it will show next free population and so on until there are no populations with free construction capacity.
🐛 Fixes a bug with Free Construction Capacity

The following users thanked this post: Black

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2021, 03:07:47 AM »
New version v0.8.10

Download: https://github.com/rubybrowncoat/Aurora-Electrons/releases/tag/v0.8.10

✨ Adds items to preselect unrestricted, colonized and inhabited systems in mineral and habitability breakdowns

The following users thanked this post: Black, serger, Zhukov

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2021, 06:47:05 AM »
Would it be possible to add section that would show Civilian Mining Colonies? I have over 40 CMCs and if I miss creation of new one I have to go over all of them to find one that is not selling minerals to me.

Maybe in Warnings - Others or Warnings - Economy, there could be list of CMCs that do not sell minerals to the player?

Offline Zhukov

• Leading Rate
  • Z
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2021, 10:24:05 AM »
The Habitability tab shows ground mineral potential and level on bodies not yet surveyed.   Should this be known in advance?

The following users thanked this post: prunkstation

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2021, 02:33:47 PM »
I was working with Habitability tab and I noticed that some of my colonies, that are colony cost 0, do not have Done in Time (Y) collum.

For example in Sol, Luna shows Time 0, Arcadia in Cannae system shows Time 1 and Bastion in Alpha Centauri shows Time 1.4. All these colonies are colony cost 0.

Database in attachment.

The following users thanked this post: prunkstation

Offline JyeGuru

• Leading Rate
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2021, 07:21:31 AM »
So I just grabbed this today after deciding to lose another period of my life to Aurora (new playthrough on 1. 12 now). . .  and I love it! I just have one point of feedback: Can it be possible to change the thousands-separator, or have it default to spaces as Aurora itself does? The use of the apostrophe causes some minor cognitive dissonance when I use the app, and I find it being a little harder to read (locally, I would use a comma or space).

Thanks for a great new companion tool!

The following users thanked this post: Impassive

Offline Elminster

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2021, 09:47:24 AM »
Hi.   
Great tool.   

I noticed a few bugs though (DB attached):

- In the warnings under "Others" is an unexploited ancient construct on Mercury listed.  It says "Lacking 10 million population on the Body".  Current population on Mercury is 277. 8 million, with 18. 45 million available.  The construct is already fully exploited and the research bonus is working fine.   

- Also, when excluding the non-terraformable bodies from the list, I often get bodies listet which actually aren't terraformable.  I follow the instructions, but when finished and updating the DB, the body is no longer in the list, and is way off from habitable.  I don't know if this is also true for hot bodies, but I had this happen for several very very cold bodies (< -200°C)

- In the habitability tab are bodies listed which are not terraformable but have a time frame shown.  Maybe that's related to the other bug.  In my actual game I have this for several moons of "Minerva" (Sol) and one moon of "C I" (Bonn).   

And now three suggestions:

- Either make a setting to set the number of Terraformers for the habitablity tab, or make it that the number isn't reset every time I switch tabs.   

- In "Habitablity" make a checkbox to exclude "Done" bodies.   

- In "Habitablity" make a checkbox to only show "Already Inhabited" bodies, so you can easily see which bodies should be made more habitable.   
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:51:02 AM by Elminster »

Offline Elminster

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2021, 09:02:05 PM »
Quote from: Elminster link=topic=12292. msg153805#msg153805 date=1627224444
- In the warnings under "Others" is an unexploited ancient construct on Mercury listed.   It says "Lacking 10 million population on the Body".   Current population on Mercury is 277.  8 million, with 18.  45 million available.   The construct is already fully exploited and the research bonus is working fine.

I actually found the problem elsewhere. . .  kind of.  I had a Ruined Colony on Mercury, too.  After exploring the colony I must have withdrawn my Xenos too early, so they didn't finish the exploration of the Ancient Construct.  I didn't notice that, because I actually did get the research bonus out of it.
So, the bug for you is merely the false information of missing population, instead of a hint that the construct is not explored yet.
That the research bonus is available without exploring is an Aurora bug.  ;)

Offline Elminster

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2022, 11:09:56 AM »
I don't know if this tool is still maintained, but I want to give my experience with Aurora 2.1.1.

The terraforming informations are based on the actual values at the time of saving the DB.
This leads to problems with the temperature when terraforming bodies with highly eccentric orbits.

So basically the informations are correct, but you have to check the min/max temperatures manually.
The standard race has a temperature variance from -10°C to +38°C, so technically if the min/max difference of the body is less than 48°C you have a chance to successfully terraform the body.
But the more the difference is to 48°C, the more difficult it is to hit the sweet spot. There are also other factors which can modify the min/max values while terraforming, so I recommend a max of 40°C difference.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2022, 04:30:17 AM »
Really great utility, it a pity it does not have the full logs attached to copy and paste from or past data.