Author Topic: Damaged fire-control stuck in 'on' position  (Read 1581 times)

Offline TurielD (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • T
Damaged fire-control stuck in 'on' position
« on: September 13, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
Had a situation where a ship near a hostile planet, that had been targeting it Ground forces. 
A ground STO based on the planet destroyed the ship's BFC and a few lasers, but these weapons continued firing at the planet. 
The ship combat screen did not display the weapons that were firing, or the fire control that was out.  Giving the 'cease fire all' and 'cease fire fleet' commands did not stop the firing.
Another fire control was present, which was quite happy to still switch modes.

This unfortunately got the ship stuck firing at the planet, and forcing the game into 5s mode, and as the ship's engines had also been destroyed this was a rather annoying little bug.  Eventually I had to SM my way out of the issue.
I gave the ship hull another engine, and moved it out of range of the planet, whereupon the ship complained that its targets were out of range.  When it had completed damage control on the BFC some days later, I could finally tell it to cease fire.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Damaged fire-control stuck in 'on' position
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 01:54:53 PM »
This is a bug, report it here in this thread with your actual game version and other relevant specifics that you may have omitted: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11565.0

Offline TurielD (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • T
Re: Damaged fire-control stuck in 'on' position
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 03:52:51 PM »
Done - thanks for pointing me in the right direction!