Author Topic: Starting the game with 0 BP  (Read 1851 times)

Steven

Starting the game with 0 BP
« on: December 13, 2020, 01:32:08 PM »
It seems that when I start on conventional start, I try and build a Military Academy and it says I have 0 BP to start and it will take about a 1000 years to build this thing.

Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

I just started Conventional and changed pop to 1000 (m)

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Starting the game with 0 BP
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2020, 12:47:22 PM »
Most likely a comma/period issue. See here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11139.0

Also, do register for the forum so you don't have to post as a guest.

Steven

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 11:56:35 PM »
Hello again!

I was able to fix this issue, appearantly when you start it says 500 (m) pop at start and if you change that to 1000 (m), it changes the conventional construction number to 1. 600 wich it accpted as 1,6 wich is nothing so contruction was so slow. . .  not working as intended?

Now I have another issue seems that when I changed to 1600 now its giving me 160000 BP at the start of the game so everything is done way to fast ( I know first world problems ) when I go back to 1. 600 it does 0 again. . .

I have fixed the date problem as far as I know

ps; also will make account apologies

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 07:42:54 AM »
The date problem is a visual inconvenience, the decimal separator affects game setup and processing.

It doesn't sound like you changed the decimal separator but maybe you loaded the previous game?

A game started with the wrong decimal separator will not function correctly and you will need to start a new game.

I think you would find the known issues post helpful.