Author Topic: Shipping lines  (Read 2099 times)

Offline Golem666 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
Shipping lines
« on: December 27, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »
Hello everyone,
In my game, there is only one shipping line that doesn't want to grow past 3 ships but from what I read here on the forum and on the wiki there should have already been more of them or at least there should be a way to subsidize them(I can't find where), I mean I could delivery everything to colonies myself but having civilian ships do it would be much more convenient.

Thanks in advance for any replies/help.

Offline mostly_harmless

• Petty Officer
Re: Shipping lines
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 05:32:54 PM »
IIRC your second colony must be of certain size for the civil economy to kick in. 10M people?

Thomas

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 05:56:01 PM »
Hello everyone,
In my game, there is only one shipping line that doesn't want to grow past 3 ships but from what I read here on the forum and on the wiki there should have already been more of them or at least there should be a way to subsidize them(I can't find where), I mean I could delivery everything to colonies myself but having civilian ships do it would be much more convenient.

Shipping lines cannot be directly subsidized in C# unlike VB6. Civ shiping lines have a wealth statistic, and that is increased by shipping trade goods, completing contracts, shipping colonists, etc and this is spent to build new ships.

Offline Golem666 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 03:23:09 AM »
Quote from: mostly_harmless link=topic=12210. msg145350#msg145350 date=1609111974
IIRC your second colony must be of certain size for the civil economy to kick in.  10M people?

Thomas
All 3 my colonies are well over that number so I don't think there is a problem in that.

Offline Golem666 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 03:25:26 AM »
Quote from: Lord Solar link=topic=12210. msg145351#msg145351 date=1609113361
Quote from: Golem666 link=topic=12210. msg145348#msg145348 date=1609109444
Hello everyone,

Shipping lines cannot be directly subsidized in C# unlike VB6.  Civ shiping lines have a wealth statistic, and that is increased by shipping trade goods, completing contracts, shipping colonists, etc and this is spent to build new ships.
Oh that's unfortunate, is there at least some exploitable/fast way to increase their wealth?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 04:52:14 AM »
If you have 3 colonies and your civvies have only 3 ships there is only one possible explaination: you have crippled their economy by fulfilling the demand with your ships instead of patiently waiting for them to do it for you.

Basically they may have not enough profit to build new ships.  If you are lucky they still have some wealth left to recover but if it's negative it may take several years for you to correct that.

You can check their status on the admin command screen.

So what to do now?
1. Find out what ships they have, hopefully we looking at some freight.
2. Stimulate.
2a. For freighters create a series of contract from a colony to another to move some basic stuff, infrastructure, mines anything needed or not needed.
2b. For colony ships create a couple of new colonies and deliver some infrastructure only there, no colonists.

The above should allow in time to generate enough cash to the civvies that will be reinvested in new ships.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 04:54:09 AM by froggiest1982 »

Offline Golem666 (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 05:00:54 AM »
Quote from: froggiest1982 link=topic=12210. msg145364#msg145364 date=1609152734
If you have 3 colonies and your civvies have only 3 ships there is only one possible explaination: you have crippled their economy by fulfilling the demand with your ships instead of patiently waiting for them to do it for you.

Basically they may have not enough profit to build new ships.   If you are lucky they still have some wealth left to recover but if it's negative it may take several years for you to correct that.

You can check their status on the admin command screen.

So what to do now?
1.  Find out what ships they have, hopefully we looking at some freight.
2.  Stimulate.
2a.  For freighters create a series of contract from a colony to another to move some basic stuff, infrastructure, mines anything needed or not needed.
2b.  For colony ships create a couple of new colonies and deliver some infrastructure only there, no colonists.

The above should allow in time to generate enough cash to the civvies that will be reinvested in new ships.

Good Luck.
They have 2 freighters and one fuel harvester, those two freighters have been flying nonstop since they bought them, that one harvester spend half of its existence getting to its destination.  I could probably buy some fuel from them, that might help.
Thanks for advice