Author Topic: Granular Auto Assign  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Cristo (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Granular Auto Assign
« on: January 06, 2021, 06:14:56 AM »
I would love the addition of a more granular auto-assign function, whereby I could flag to auto assign naval officers but not civilian administrators for example.

Thanks!

(I have a few suggestions that I am creating separate threads for - I think this keeps it clearer and easier to comment on, if you would rather they were consolidated into one thread please tell me and I will do so!)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Granular Auto Assign
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:18:49 AM »
Auto assign for administrators is already handled separately.

Offline Cristo (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 06:25:56 AM »
Oh the per colony 'automate Governor' is a totally separate system? I assumed it was a more fine-grain system running under the overall, as in it only applied when automated assignments was checked. 

Much appreciated for the clarification!

In that case the only part I would like to see separated out is the sector governor (or that could be run like the colony level stuff, with preferences for skills to prioritize, that would be amazing.

While I have you - would you rather get multiple suggestions in multiple threads, or all at once? Thanks! And thanks for making and sharing this amazing game.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
The best place is the main Suggestions thread. When I have time I go through that thread.

When you post an individual thread, you might get lucky and I see it and implement something. Most of the time, I won't see it, or I will see it and maybe even think it is a good idea but won't have time to do anything. Then I forget about it.

The following users thanked this post: Cristo

Offline Cristo (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »
Understood thank you!