Author Topic: My colonies are not using transported mines and factories... ?  (Read 1096 times)

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
I perhaps foolishly waited before starting a colony until I finished terraforming Mars. After much waiting, I was quite enthused to get things going there. So I moved a bunch of construction factories and mines over to Mars, and they just sat there in the civilian economy tab but NOT showing up in the planet summary. The population showed as being for all intents unemployed. What was I doing wrong?

What I did do finally was to move a large contingent of combat engineers to the planet and apparently, they have no problems assisting the Martians with building whatever is in their construction queue, so we are now building some native industry that they will then be able to bootstrap with. Still, it would be nice if I could jump-start them with some shipped factories and mines.

The following users thanked this post: Kylemmie

Offline Kylemmie

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: My colonies are not using transported mines and factories... ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 03:22:40 PM »
That sounds buggy. Going to assume you tried most of these, but to be sure:

Save, reload game. Might be a display bug.
Doublecheck you don't have two colonies accid on Mars. Doubtful that would cause this issue in this way, but can't hurt to check.
Sometimes large installations will show as completely there (on the civ transport tab) when in fact a % of it has not arrived yet.  But if it shows more than one, that shouldn't be the issue since at least that complete one would show on the summary.

just to get a clear picture - Do any mines show up at the bottom of the summary tab? Do any Construction Factories show at the top of the Industries tab where it shows the total BP you have in that colony? Screenshots would prob help - but that's a bit hypocritical of me since I've never bothered figuring out how to post images here myself.

Can you ship a couple automines there to check if mining itself is not working?  Then verify the automines show up at the bottom of the summary page compared to the mines which are not showing anywhere.

The following users thanked this post: Panpiper

Offline Panpiper (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 10:15:53 PM »
You had the right answer. After spending hours trying to figure out what the issue was, I never tried saving and reloading. It worked. Sigh...  Thank you for informing a fool.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 02:08:30 AM »
Well, therefore it's a beautiful bug, you have natural right to report it.