Author Topic: Limit/Max Maintenance Stockpile Setting  (Read 1328 times)

Offline yourITguy (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • y
Limit/Max Maintenance Stockpile Setting
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:49:41 PM »
I think it would be nice to be able to set an upper limit to the amount of MSP your maintenance facilities will stockpile. Instead of having to periodically check that I'm not using up minerals overproducing MSP or that I'm running low on MSP and need to restart the factories, it would be very nice to just be able to say, "make them until there are X number in the stockpile". Ideally, the factories would work to just keep the stockpiles at that level and not be a "make them until you reach that level and then stop until I tell you to start back up again." Also, I think you would want to retain the option to stop production completely during mineral shortages, etc.

I wouldn't mind a similar feature for fuel production, but I don't know if that would be as necessary since, as far as I know, sorium isn't used for anything else so using it all up for fuel wouldn't be that big of deal. It would provide a little flexibility, though, as you might want to use some of the sorium for fuel production and then send some of it to another fuel production site in order to not put all your refineries in one basket, so to speak.

The following users thanked this post: Jorgen_CAB, QuakeIV, Droll, serger, alex_g

Offline Kamilo

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • K
Re: Limit/Max Maintenance Stockpile Setting
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 12:55:28 PM »
Would be a good feature.

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 07:00:53 PM »
Yep, that would be quite nice.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 01:45:12 AM »
Yeah agreed I lost a campaign to that

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 01:58:43 AM »
I constantly either run out of MSP or out of Gallicite to build them because I never turned them off, this is very much a required feature.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 04:26:57 AM »
This is an excellent idea.. at some point you don't wan't to store more MSP and rather just produce what you consume. It would be allot easier to see your yearly consumption of MSP and plan accordingly this way and of course if is less manual labour to turn it on and off depending on demand and availability of resources.

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 04:15:17 PM »
Wild idea here, but what about using programmed orders to an orbital cargo fleet/station with a timer after estimating the time it takes to reach the desired number of MSP and dropping from it? (Would only work if maintenance capacity wasn't expanding)
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 04:56:41 PM »
That still requires effort on my part, not automation.  Kinda defeats the purpose.

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 06:14:27 PM »
That still requires effort on my part, not automation.  Kinda defeats the purpose.
I understand, but as long as you don't expand or tech up, it's a one time thing.
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.