Author Topic: Swarm Extraction Module  (Read 2132 times)

Offline captainwolfer (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • c
Swarm Extraction Module
« on: January 29, 2021, 01:49:49 PM »
I just acquired the technical details of a "Swarm Extraction Module" from a NPR that wasn't the Star swarm. It is listed under the Orbital mining tab, and is 1/4 the size of the normal orbital mining module. Does it work like a normal orbital miner module?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Swarm Extraction Module
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 02:01:14 PM »
This might be how they "eat" wrecks. Regardless, neither non-spoiler NPRs nor you are supposed to have them so don't be surprised if something breaks when you try them on.

Offline captainwolfer (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • c
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 02:34:34 PM »
This might be how they "eat" wrecks. Regardless, neither non-spoiler NPRs nor you are supposed to have them so don't be surprised if something breaks when you try them on.
Well, I'm building a test ship with 4 of the modules, and it says each module is equivalent to 1 mine, so if it does work then I'll be able to quadruple my orbital miner output.

What confuses me is: how did the NPR get the design for the module?

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 06:03:05 PM »
What confuses me is: how did the NPR get the design for the module?
Either there was a DB chickening, the starting research pointers/the structural technology subset pointers that the NPR can research includes wrong entries or the non-salvageable flag is broken.

Each of those could mean a different thing:

-They could have it due to DB modifications/bad saving, which should cause all sorts of problems
-The list of starting techs could be broken and had that included, which should be fixable
-The NPRs don't research normally, but put RP into predetermined tech "bundles" (or so Steve said), and one of those might have had the module inserted by mistake/bad install/update bug, which would allow the NPR to have it
-Or the non-wreck -non-study tech for the swarm broke and the NPR managed to salvage and research those modules.

Either way, post a spoilered bug report and hope for the best (optionally link to this thread).
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.