Author Topic: Delete all NPR ships?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline bsh (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
Delete all NPR ships?
« on: March 17, 2021, 02:20:06 PM »
So I am just curious how to do this. Any help is appreciated. (And I hope this is not a forbidden topic here.)
The story behind is this: I have discovered many many systems and fully surveyed all of them. Found nothing. To my surprise, when one of my ships passed through such system much much later, they have found a new race and their ships. They weren't there before. And they spread like craaaazy. In a few months they are everywhere. I want to stop them (at least temporarily) by deleting all their ships.
I have looked them up in the db, they are an actual npr, not spoilers. I can even communicate with them (finally). But they have seven gazillion ships.
I tried to delete all their ships, and whatever I thought they might be referenced from: their fleets, their move orders, their civilian trades, even set all their commanders to unassigned. But I still get a ton of errors in function #1415. I even tried to set their shipyards' default fleets to 0, and even tried deleting the shipyards alltogether.
So what else do I need to delete?
Maybe I could just set the ships as destroyed and let the game clean up everything.

Offline Stormtrooper

• Captain
  • S
  • The universe is a Dark Forest
Re: Delete all NPR ships?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 04:40:05 PM »
There's a much safer, simpler and cleaner way of doing it than trying to do so via dB.

All you have to do is go to the FCT_Races table, find your NPR and under the column "npr" change the value from 1 to 0.

Then the race will end up being a pr, so you can enter the game, select it, open its fleet screen, delete everything, save and close the game and switch them back to npr. Done this myself many times to fix npr-related problems and my save still holds well together.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 05:56:59 PM »
There's a much safer, simpler and cleaner way of doing it than trying to do so via dB.

All you have to do is go to the FCT_Races table, find your NPR and under the column "npr" change the value from 1 to 0.

Then the race will end up being a pr, so you can enter the game, select it, open its fleet screen, delete everything, save and close the game and switch them back to npr. Done this myself many times to fix npr-related problems and my save still holds well together.

This is the cleanest way to do it.

However I do want to emphasize, since somebody is going to, that even if other players have done this before with no apparent ill effects and you yourself do not observe any errors in gameplay, this is still a database edit which could cause some subtle error you don't detect for decades (stranger things have happened to Steve) and this needs to be noted on any bug reports you might file. By all means feel free to do it if it will solve your problems, just be aware that there is a risk attached as always with DB edits.

Offline StarshipCactus

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 06:40:34 PM »
You could always just SM a max tech race and spawn in a 100K ton super dreadnaught. You could kill hundreds of ships if you had the patience.

Offline bsh (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 10:32:26 PM »
You could always just SM a max tech race and spawn in a 100K ton super dreadnaught. You could kill hundreds of ships if you had the patience.
I'm pretty close to being max tech (but based on their observed speed, they might be as well), but definitely don't have the patience to find them all, not even with using the db to look up their ship positions.
At this point I'm just curious how the relations in the db are, what else references to their ships/fleets, etc.