Author Topic: Parasite Maintenance Rules Clarification  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Exultant (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • E
Parasite Maintenance Rules Clarification
« on: May 04, 2021, 01:16:21 AM »
In C#, parasites docked in a military hangar do not have their overhaul clock increase.

From the written maintenance rules, it's a bit unclear as to whether docked parasites at a maintenance location add their size to the tonnage maintained, and if they do, if they retain their undocked yearly MSP cost.

8)   Fighters can be maintained by Maintenance Locations and do not need to be stored in hangars (because now they use capacity whereas the VB6 rule was implemented to prevent unlimited fighters being maintained).

My question is twofold:

1.) Does a docked parasite add its tonnage against the maintenance capacity of a location?

2.) Does a docked parasite still consume MSP as though it was undocked while at a maintenance location?

Trying to figure out if it's worth having a storage carrier for system defense beam FACs.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
Re: Parasite Maintenance Rules Clarification
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 06:11:53 AM »
You can't trust everything on the wiki, but I don't think this has changed:

Ships in a [military] hangar do not roll for malfunction, need maintenance facilities or use maintenance supplies.

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: Parasite Maintenance Rules Clarification
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 09:47:21 PM »
In C#, parasites docked in a military hangar do not have their overhaul clock increase.

From the written maintenance rules, it's a bit unclear as to whether docked parasites at a maintenance location add their size to the tonnage maintained, and if they do, if they retain their undocked yearly MSP cost.

8 )   Fighters can be maintained by Maintenance Locations and do not need to be stored in hangars (because now they use capacity whereas the VB6 rule was implemented to prevent unlimited fighters being maintained).

My question is twofold:

1.) Does a docked parasite add its tonnage against the maintenance capacity of a location?

2.) Does a docked parasite still consume MSP as though it was undocked while at a maintenance location?

Trying to figure out if it's worth having a storage carrier for system defense beam FACs.
The intent is definitely for No and No. I've not specifically tested it myself but likewise I've not seen anyone complain about it.
Please note that if you store them in a military hanger then the hanger will be a military ship and hence need enough maintenance at the colony to keep it afloat.

In VB a fighter couldn't be maintained by maintenance locations at all, to keep the maintenance clock at zero you had to keep them in a hanger and they couldn't overhaul with the overhaul command.