Author Topic: Ground Resupply Out-of-Combat  (Read 1047 times)

TheMouseMaster

Ground Resupply Out-of-Combat
« on: May 18, 2021, 10:34:16 AM »
I just finished a protracted fight on a planet; my forces won, but were completely supply-deprived by the end.

In preparation for the next fight, I transported them all home, and then added Supply units to every formation.   If I read the rules correctly, this means they should be "consumed" to bring the supply of the unit back up to 100%  (or at least above the 0% it is sitting at, in case I haven't added enough.   I can always build more).

Instead, the formations are staying at 0%, and the supply units are just chilling with them.   I guess they are playing poker or something.

Am I misunderstanding how to resupply? 

I know I can have Supply units "In the field" with the troops, and if I do, the combat troops supply% won't go down per round, as the LOG units get used up instead.   But once a unit gets dropped out of supply, how do I get them to visit the local depot to pick up some spare bullets before lifting off again?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Ground Resupply Out-of-Combat
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
Please register your account, then you can post freely/normally.

Ground units only consume supply units during ground combat checks. There is currently no way to get them back to 100% supply. You will have to always keep supply units with them during combat from now on.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2021, 10:23:21 AM »
According to the 1.12 changes list the resupply should occur every construction cycle OR after every combat round.
If it's only working after every combat round (I thought there was a bug fix for that but I couldn't find it when I tried looking) you could use to SM a new hostile race, and create an enemy army of a single hostile infantry unit to trigger the combat cycle.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2021, 11:21:26 AM »
I must have missed that change. I wonder if anyone has tested it to see if it happens. It would be cool to get ground units back to 100% supply.

The combat round supply check does not bring units back to 100% supply - it just makes the formation eat the supply units to avoid the out-of-supply malus.