Author Topic: 60 second increments  (Read 1584 times)

Offline ISN (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
60 second increments
« on: June 08, 2021, 07:46:45 PM »
I've been stuck on 60 second increments for a few in-game days now. I've had 5 second increments and 6 hour increments before, but this is a new one to me. There's no combat going on: I checked in the database and no fire controls are firing. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how to fix it? I can't think of anything that could be taking 60 seconds.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: 60 second increments
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 08:39:43 PM »
Check if there is a fleet jumping back and forth between the same two systems. NPRs frequently get themselves "trapped" in this way when an order to, say, refuel at the nearest colony causes them to jump into a hostile fleet (alternatively it may have something to do with the system danger rating, I'm really not sure), and since NPRs can instantly re-jump they flee through the jump point, and then repeat the process over and over while trying to fulfill their orders.

Usually the problem can be solved by relocating the fleet involved so that they cannot immediately jump again.

The following users thanked this post: ISN

Offline ISN (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 08:52:19 PM »
Check if there is a fleet jumping back and forth between the same two systems. NPRs frequently get themselves "trapped" in this way when an order to, say, refuel at the nearest colony causes them to jump into a hostile fleet (alternatively it may have something to do with the system danger rating, I'm really not sure), and since NPRs can instantly re-jump they flee through the jump point, and then repeat the process over and over while trying to fulfill their orders.

Usually the problem can be solved by relocating the fleet involved so that they cannot immediately jump again.

Any idea how to find fleets that are doing that? I can't see any such fleet in-game, and I'm not sure what to look for in the database.

EDIT: From looking in the ship table it seems there are no ships experiencing any jump shock. I know jump shock wears off more quickly for the NPRs, maybe it's wearing off within the 60 seconds?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 08:59:23 PM by ISN »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 09:05:28 PM »

Any idea how to find fleets that are doing that? I can't see any such fleet in-game, and I'm not sure what to look for in the database.

EDIT: From looking in the ship table it seems there are no ships experiencing any jump shock. I know jump shock wears off more quickly for the NPRs, maybe it's wearing off within the 60 seconds?  :-\

Check FCT_GameLog for NPR fleets reporting jumps back and forth or an inability to complete orders.

The following users thanked this post: ISN

Offline ISN (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2021, 09:35:32 PM »

Check FCT_GameLog for NPR fleets reporting jumps back and forth or an inability to complete orders.

Hmm, I'm getting a repeated event "Destination of Large Hive Fleet 001 cannot be found. Please issue new orders." But it's not coming in 60 second increments, only showing up every couple of minutes. Also, every time I've checked it hasn't had any orders listed in the movement orders table. However, apparently there's also currently boarding combat between two different Swarms! so maybe once that finishes the slowdown will clear up.

Thanks for recommending I check FCT_GameLog -- for some reason I completely missed it.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2021, 09:46:53 PM »
boarding combat between two different Swarms!

This is almost certainly it, that type of combat operates on 1 minute intervals, which is consistent with your case it seems.

Also thats wild.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono, nuclearslurpee

Offline ISN (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 09:51:22 PM »
boarding combat between two different Swarms!

This is almost certainly it, that type of combat operates on 1 minute intervals, which is consistent with your case it seems.

Also thats wild.

It's been going on for days, though -- it's hard to imagine how it could last that long. I'll give it some more time I guess.

And yeah, what I wouldn't give to be able to watch the fireworks! Especially since this is the first game I've had where they've shown up at all. I have a feeling I'll be in for quite the challenge if they ever stop fighting each other.