Author Topic: Question about Empty Fleets  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Fistandantillus7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
Question about Empty Fleets
« on: October 12, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »
When my tug releases a station at its destination the resulting new fleet with the station is under my tug admin command and I have to remember to move it to the admin command where I want it - and I never remember. Is there a way to create an empty fleet at the destination under the correct admin command so I can release the station into it (the empty fleet)? I can create an empty sub-fleet of a fleet and detach it, but the resulting empty fleet is in the same location as the actual fleet (obviously, I suppose). I want to create an empty fleet where I currently have no ships. I tried giving an empty fleet movement orders, but unsurprisingly that did not work. Instantaneous movement of empty fleets seemed unlikely but a remotely plausible kludge. 

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Question about Empty Fleets
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »
Under the miscellaneous tab there is the SM movement of fleets to waypoints, colonies, etc.

For empty fleets, you can move them without being in SM mode. So just create an empty fleet wherever, then use the instant move to put it where you want it.

The following users thanked this post: Fistandantillus7, nakorkren

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
Re: Question about Empty Fleets
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2021, 03:08:00 PM »
I know this isn't an answer (Meowth already did that), but I've always found it simpler (and easier to remember) to just put the tug in the admin command where I want the station to be at the same time that I'm giving the tug it's orders.