Author Topic: v2.0.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 125565 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: v1.14.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2021, 01:52:38 PM »
Yes I agree... being able to chain overhaul orders in with any regularly cycled order would be really nice.

I still like the idea of setting up a patrol and having the ship go and do "Refuel, Resupply & Overhaul" and then resume their cycled order from their last point. This would make things the most simple for players in general as you don't have to sit and count roughly when a ship need to do overhaul during a cycled order chain.

I do hope we can get some automation in regard to patrol orders... I think we could need them for both parasites and regular ships. A ship that dock with hangar should also be able to automate patrol order in the same way in my opinion. This would make it easier to have patrols stay on station around a carrier without you having to worry when it needs to go back and rest, refuel or whatever... it will just return to patrol when it is done automatically.

** edit **

I missed that Steve already added this mechanic to next version... great news... :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 01:57:01 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2021, 02:17:07 PM »
Yes, I can finally do a few run with military only ships without going nuts!

Setting up tanker and freighter cycles was too hard after a while as too much micromanagement. I guess, problem solved!

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2021, 05:44:02 AM »
Added Super-Heavy Bombardment ground component.

"I'm about to drop the hammer...
...and dispense some indiscriminate justice!"

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2021, 12:37:15 PM »
Alien Artefacts are back  8) Which means more wealth for the shipping lines and more tax income for us!

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2021, 12:41:19 PM »
So unlike other trade goods alien artefacts will eventually run out once the ruin in question is fully exploited, correct?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2021, 12:49:01 PM »
So unlike other trade goods alien artefacts will eventually run out once the ruin in question is fully exploited, correct?

Looks like it, so the supply is sustained by finding new worlds with ruins to exploit. As long as the tax income from artifacts is lucrative this is another impetus for exploration and exploitation, so I approve.

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2021, 12:49:20 PM »

Yes, correct. At first I was going to have them generated by populations, but it didn't seem reasonable for a small ruin to generate artifacts for decades. I also considered generating a large, one-off amount of artifacts when the ruins were first discovered or surveyed, but there are complications with multiple races on the same planet. Having them as part of the ruin recovery process solves both those problems.

The following users thanked this post: Droll, BAGrimm

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2021, 08:25:48 AM »
So since the only benefit of the alien artifact trade good is taxation off of trade, isn't it basically the same as just unearthing wealth during excavation?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2021, 09:08:25 AM »
So since the only benefit of the alien artifact trade good is taxation off of trade, isn't it basically the same as just unearthing wealth during excavation?

Basically the same, yeah.
Wealth is an instant specific amount.
The trade income will take place over time and the amount will vary by distance shipped.

Offline Sebmono

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2021, 09:31:33 AM »
Basically the same, yeah.
Wealth is an instant specific amount.
The trade income will take place over time and the amount will vary by distance shipped.

Would love it if this did something a little different, maybe the artifacts could be spent as a resource type instead and used to build "Museums" which function like Academies except the only produce Scientists and on average produce better ones.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2021, 02:22:40 PM »

And not very significant amount of wealth.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2021, 03:24:33 PM »
Weren't alien artifacts a thing already? I never actually saw them tho even tho I was exploiting alien ruins which I thought was pretty strange. Where else would they come from?

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2021, 04:03:15 PM »
It was broken in VB Aurora 7.1 and it's still broken in all versions of C# Aurora we can play.
There must be only one source - ruins.

Offline Stryker

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2021, 09:31:35 PM »
In regards to the civilian contracts, you say that if a freighter is lost to enemy action, that the supply and, or the demand will be added back to the colony.  What happens if the freighter is simply scrapped due to a newer version?

Offline Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2021, 10:45:53 PM »
In regards to the civilian contracts, you say that if a freighter is lost to enemy action, that the supply and, or the demand will be added back to the colony.  What happens if the freighter is simply scrapped due to a newer version?

You know, it never occured to me that civvies would scrap a ship carrying a payload of any kind. If they do (and I don't know if they do), that's kind of a wider issue.

"Hey, when are those colonists scheduled to arrive at Mars?"
"Let me check the records... hm."

The following users thanked this post: Ektor