• Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Rules
« on: May 11, 2020, 06:39:10 PM »
As the forum description says, this is for mods approved by Steve. There will be no miscellaneous discussions. The will be ZERO talk about reverse-engineering or open sourcing Aurora.

The following users thanked this post: Zed 6, SpikeTheHobbitMage, bro918, Foxxonius Augustus, Ader Rave

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Rules
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 04:13:46 AM »
Approved status will be for mods where I have discussed the functionality with the mod creator and I am happy it won't cause any issues (or there is a low chance) or it is plainly a read-only mod.

twice2double takes credit for approaching me in a very reasonable way about three weeks ago, which started this process. This has already been happening on Reddit for those three weeks with only one significant issue so far (which I am handling separately), so I think it is time to add approved mods to the main forums.

Approved mods either fill in areas that are low priority for me (resolutions, colours, etc.) or provide extra functions, without causing major concerns over introducing 'ghost' bugs. That doesn't mean they definitely won't cause bugs, but I believe the chance is low and if they do it should be relatively obvious as to the cause.

This arrangement doesn't resolve the potential issues that a non-approved mod may cause, but I hope the availability of approved mods will significantly reduce the chance of that happening.