Author Topic: 3.1 Bugs  (Read 14308 times)

Offline Brian Neumann (OP)

• Vice Admiral
3.1 Bugs
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:21:56 PM »
Just came across another name problem, d'Alembert with RaceID=603

Brian
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Brian »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 06:06:26 PM »
When creating a new empire (Using the F9 screen and 'Create Empire' button), if you select 'Yes'  for choose an existing race the drop-down box of existing races has two entries for human - though at least their stats seem identical.

Also, if you select an incompatible flag, medal, planet, race, or ship picture (say, because you grabbed one off the 'net and simply renamed it to fit the convention without bothering to check if the dimensions were appropriate) Aurora throws a "Runtime Error 481" and crashes to desktop.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Father Tim »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 09:46:09 PM »
"Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table 'StellarType'."

Due to repeated apprearances, I have narrowed this down to the 'DA5-' type white dwarf stars.  'DA6-' is okay, but I can't speak to any other 'DA' white dwarves.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 11:20:55 PM »
Transferring system knowledge from a player race to the SM race (Using the main menu --> Empires -->Systems --> Transfer System Knowledge command to open the 'Transfer Survey Knowledge' window) resulted in a cascade of "Errror 3265 was generated by DAO.Fields  Item not found in this collection." messages - approximately one for each system, jump point, and system body in the selected systems (ie - a few thousand).  If you click 'OK' all the way through, it does seem to transfer all the selected survey info though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:55:49 AM by Father Tim »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 12:50:16 AM »
On the F2 (Population & Production) screen, on the Environment tab, it claims that the Greenhouse Factor is capped at 5.0.  However, it appears that it is actually capped at 3.0.  I have several poor moon bases shivering away in the cold due to their unexpectedly thin Greenhouse gas blankets.  #:-[

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 10:32:27 PM »
Four times now, clicking on 'Commands' on the Personnel screen has generated a massive (infinite?) series of "Error 3420 in DAO.Recordset.  Object invalid or no longer set." messages.  Clicking on 'Vacancies' works just fine though.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
Possibly related to the Personnel --> 'Commands' bug above.  If you add a Sector Command through the 'SM Mods' button on the F2 (Population & Production) screen - if you're setting up a multi-system polity, for example - the Sector Governor position does not show up on the officers screen.  At least, not until you advance the clock far enough to trigger a production cycle.

Offline James Patten

• Lt. Commander
  • J
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »
In F2 Shipyards tab, if you order the construction of a ship which has autonaming, the name does not advance until after the ship has been built.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by James Patten »

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2008, 07:48:27 PM »
Steve -

I noticed this one while setting up a new campaign in a v3.1 install.  

I created a new game, and allowed Aurora to create a human race in the pre-generated solar system.  I then began generating new human govenments based on earth, intending to use the human race I initially set up.  When I created my second human race, when Aurora asked if I wanted to use a pre-existing race, and I answered yes, it allowed me to select from pre-existing races.  I noticed at that point that there were seven or eight races to select from, and eventually I realized that they were from your Preservation II campaign.

I selected "Human" as my race, and continued to create my races, and then later decided to delete your Preservation campaign to avoid confusion.  Unfortunately, it was at this point that I realized that I had selected your human race as my race type, not mine, and so now all of my governments have an undefined race.  

I would suggest that players be limited to being able to select only races from the same game, not any game in the database.  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 11:21:33 AM »
The "Join Task Group" order still does not work properly in the F12 screen, does not delete the old task group and duplicates the ships into the target task group. If you delete the extraneous task groups you delete your ships! :cry:

Regards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
The "Join Task Group" order still does not work properly in the F12 screen, does not delete the old task group and duplicates the ships into the target task group. If you delete the extraneous task groups you delete your ships!  

This is having some very odd effects up to and including a half-dozen error messages and a locked-up programme. On restart the task group was still there but the ship had disappeared :( . No longer listed in the F6 screen.

Regards
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by IanD »
IanD

Offline Kurt

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 02:43:26 PM »
Steve -

I got a large number of error messages from Aurora as I was creating systems.  I was trying to generate a system with certain characteristics that I needed, so I was generating system after system and deleting them if they didn't have what I needed.  

I got two different types of errors.  The first related to wrecks, for some reason.  After hitting the system create button, Aurora would throw a series of errors relating to wrecks.  I forget what the exact error message was, but I'm fairly sure I can recreate it if you need it.  I wasn't aware that wrecks were generated at the same time systems are, but this one showed up often.  

The second type of error related to the star type.  IIRC, Aurora couldn't find information for a certain kind of star.  I noticed that when this error appeared, there would be a blank line in the star portion of the system display, as if there was supposed to be a star, but no characteristics were generated.  As I said before, I can probably recreate this one if you need the exact error message.  

Both of these cropped up quite a bit, though, and I haven't done anything unusual in this campaign, so they should be easy to recreate by generating random systems.  

Kurt
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Kurt »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 01:42:18 AM »
On the F2 (Population & Production) screen, 'Manage Shipyards' tab, in the 'Shipyard Complex Activity' section, when I select any task from the dropdown list (ie Add Extra Slipway, Add 1000 tons capacity, Retool for Selected Class, etc) Aurora throws the following error:  "Run-time error '381':  invalid property array index" and crashes to desktop.

Note, I am able to set an initial class for the shipyard (using 'Retool for Selected Class') without difficulty, and change the capacity and/or number of slipways with the 'SM SY mods' button.  Only the dropdown box throws the fatal error.

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: 3.1 Bugs
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 02:22:24 PM »
Quote from: "Brian"
Just came across another name problem, d'Alembert with RaceID=603

Thanks, I've removed it.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 02:40:28 PM »
Quote from: "Father Tim"
When creating a new empire (Using the F9 screen and 'Create Empire' button), if you select 'Yes'  for choose an existing race the drop-down box of existing races has two entries for human - though at least their stats seem identical.
This is the same problem as Kurt has noted in a later Bug report. The list of species is being picked up from all games in the database instead of just the current one. Fixed for the next version.

Also, if you select an incompatible flag, medal, planet, race, or ship picture (say, because you grabbed one off the 'net and simply renamed it to fit the convention without bothering to check if the dimensions were appropriate) Aurora throws a "Runtime Error 481" and crashes to desktop.

Only some of the pictures have specific size requirements. The flags and medals will already resize automatically and the existing flag and medal pictures are many different sizes. I just tried oversize and undersize race pics and that automatically expanded/contracted the image control but didn't throw an error. I've fixed that by making the image control stretch or squash the picture to fit. The ship pictures are all 32x32 but I have now changed that image control to stretch as well. I couldn't reproduce the error though so some other factor must be causing it.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by SteveAlt »