Author Topic: v1.14.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 31517 times)

Online Density

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
Re: v1.14.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #360 on: October 06, 2021, 06:29:44 AM »
Anyways, I'd like it if Steve could make Max Colony Cost readily apparent on the planet browser. Its the information I need to know the most as a player.

If by planet browser, you mean the system view, it already is. There's a checkbox labelled "Show Max Colony Cost" which toggles current cc and max. In the screenshots for v2.0 this checkbox is changed to "Show Max CC / Temp".
This info is also available on the summary tab of the economics window, but in v1.13 it only shows up when this is different than the current cc (that is, on comets), between colony cost and dominant terrain.

The following users thanked this post: Borealis4x

Offline Destragon

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2021, 03:01:29 PM »
Looking at the thing about eccentric orbits changing planetary terrain, I was randomly wondering if it is possible to turn planetary terrain to a temperate forest through terraforming?

Online Density

• D
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2021, 04:09:32 PM »
Looking at the thing about eccentric orbits changing planetary terrain, I was randomly wondering if it is possible to turn planetary terrain to a temperate forest through terraforming?
Yes. But only if the range of possible temperatures on the body allows for temperate forest. Basically, if the terrain isn't a base (barren, mountain, rift valley), you can reroll by getting the conditions outside the range of the current terrain. I find temperature by far the easiest to manipulate for this purpose.

Just a note: I'm specifically not getting more detailed here because this is a off-topic for the thread.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 04:17:50 PM by Density »

Offline Stryker

• S
« Reply #363 on: October 12, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »
Will the new fleet overhaul and movement order work with fleet training?