Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 44323 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2021, 08:58:11 AM »
V175: The "Modify Shipyard" dialog-overlay that can be activated by the "SM SY Mod" button doesn't disappear when you switch off the SpaceMaster mode.

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2021, 02:46:10 AM »
Orbit compairson of "Pluto" appears to show the same distance as 10x Pluto

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2021, 03:21:17 AM »
V175: In the technology report I can't rename missiles. The dialog pops up but the changed name doesn't seem to be saved.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #138 on: October 03, 2021, 09:38:51 AM »
V175: In the technology report I can't rename missiles. The dialog pops up but the changed name doesn't seem to be saved.

I've recently downloaded Quasar to play around with, and can confirm the same issue.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
V175: Don't know what happened to this dialog screen... lots of options missing...

Zenoth

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2021, 01:28:56 AM »
Hi Kyle, first of all, thanks for Quasar 4X, it's great.  And it also allows me to perfectly play Aurora VB6 on my 1366X768 monitor with the option you added: "Shrink to fit. . . " (I wish there was such an option in Aurora C #. . . ).  The only problem I'm having with Quasar 4X is in the Class Design window, when I want to choose the different options in the "Hull" tab, I can only scroll down to a certain point, (just before the hulls called with the letter "T").  I realized this by wanting to create a Troop Transport ship and a Tug and could not select them.  Is there any way to fix this? If so, I would really appreciate it.

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2021, 01:07:03 PM »
V175: Don't know what happened to this dialog screen... lots of options missing...

He is probably going to need a database to debug that. I cannot reproduce. The attached screenshot is also V175.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #142 on: October 06, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »
Multiple colonies on a body all get full bonuses from orbital mines, effectively duplicating them (see Neujmin in the attached database). The same is true for orbital transforming modules if both colonies have terraforming configured, you can even add multiple gasses at the same time this way (see Luna in the attached database).

Fixed for the next version.  Note: VB6 uses a ship's assigned population to determine which population on the body it's benefitting.  That requires you to move a ship to a body if you want this assignment to be done automatically.  Joining another fleet orbiting the body will not work, you have to set the ship's assigned population manually on the Ships window.

Q4X wasn't using the ship's Assigned Population.  If a ship is in the same position as a body, it's benefiting the population at the body.  So (e.g.) an orbital miner can join another fleet without manually assigning the population afterwards.  Obviously this is a problem if multiple pops of the same race are on the body.  I thought I dealt with that problem already but I guess I didn't.

So now, it's going to revert to VB6's way of doing things, using the ship's Assigned Population and requiring a move order directly to the body itself if you want it assigned automatically IF there are multiple populations of the same race present.  If there are NOT multiples, then it will behave as in earlier quasar versions: assigning a population isn't necessary and any ship of the population's race in the same location will benefit that population. 

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2021, 01:26:27 PM »
V175: The "Modify Shipyard" dialog-overlay that can be activated by the "SM SY Mod" button doesn't disappear when you switch off the SpaceMaster mode.

Fixed for next version

Orbit compairson of "Pluto" appears to show the same distance as 10x Pluto

Fixed for next version

Fixed for next version

He is probably going to need a database to debug that. I cannot reproduce. The attached screenshot is also V175.

I can't reproduce this.  Is this still happening after a game restart?  If so, do the galactic map graphics (circles etc) look ok?

Hi Kyle, first of all, thanks for Quasar 4X, it's great.  And it also allows me to perfectly play Aurora VB6 on my 1366X768 monitor with the option you added: "Shrink to fit. . . " (I wish there was such an option in Aurora C #. . . ).  The only problem I'm having with Quasar 4X is in the Class Design window, when I want to choose the different options in the "Hull" tab, I can only scroll down to a certain point, (just before the hulls called with the letter "T").  I realized this by wanting to create a Troop Transport ship and a Tug and could not select them.  Is there any way to fix this? If so, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!  I can't reproduce this, but it sounds like the bottom of your game window may be clipped off screen.  Try this:  Miscellaneous > Toggle Full Screen.   If full screen doesnt fix it, turn full screen back OFF so you're in windowed mode, then go to Quasar4x > Settings > Remember window sizes and positions > Save.  Manually adjust the screen height until you can see the bottom edge of the screen. The bottom edge of the screen will move in realtime as you adjust the value for height.  Then check the hull menu again.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2021, 01:59:06 PM »
I can't reproduce this.  Is this still happening after a game restart?  If so, do the galactic map graphics (circles etc) look ok?
Yes, still happening. DB attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BXilNaAIy_KvZWkHFYTJjERXvH_9Xbu/view?usp=sharing

Offline MinuteMan

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2021, 02:32:55 PM »
Don't know if the following is an actual bug or WAI.

* You cannot transport a spaceport?
* Also could you add something that will auto-assign new research labs? Something like in aurora c#?

Btw, Quasar4x is awesome.
I love that it just works on linux.
Thanks for doing this!

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #146 on: October 06, 2021, 02:34:42 PM »
Yes, still happening. DB attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BXilNaAIy_KvZWkHFYTJjERXvH_9Xbu/view?usp=sharing

I still can't reproduce this :(   If you don't mind trying some things to figure out this bug, could you try creating a new game and see if it's the same in that game?   Can you tell me exactly what UI elements you're clicking on and/or what keys you're pressing from the moment you run the program to reproduce this, using the file you uploaded? 

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #147 on: October 06, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »

* You cannot transport a spaceport?
* Also could you add something that will auto-assign new research labs? Something like in aurora c#?

Correct, as in VB6 you can't transport spaceports and a couple other installation types as well

I do plan to add a way to have a particular research project be the default project that newly constructed research labs are assigned to.  No ETA on this feature though.

Thanks!

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #148 on: October 07, 2021, 09:31:40 AM »
I still can't reproduce this :(   If you don't mind trying some things to figure out this bug, could you try creating a new game and see if it's the same in that game?   Can you tell me exactly what UI elements you're clicking on and/or what keys you're pressing from the moment you run the program to reproduce this, using the file you uploaded?
I started a game from scratch as well as starting that active game and in both cases, it works. So it must be something that happens because of gameplay. I'll try to narrow it down.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #149 on: October 07, 2021, 10:24:13 AM »
V176: I can't move systems around in the galactic map. When I have moved a system and want to move the next, the former is reset to its former position.

Edit: Isn't reproduceable. Maybe the same source error as the other thing... strange, strange...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:54:10 AM by TMaekler »