Author Topic: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)  (Read 44326 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: Bug Reports (Version 138 and up)
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2021, 02:55:09 PM »
V176: With the following savegame it directly occurs when you open the galactic map and switch the view to map display options. The game takes some seconds and then only displays a limited amount of options.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BXilNaAIy_KvZWkHFYTJjERXvH_9Xbu/view?usp=sharing

The following users thanked this post: Kyle

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »
Looks like "Mineral text" is bugged and wont update after swapping system through the system map:

https://imgur.com/Uq910s1

The following users thanked this post: Kyle, trabber Shir

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2021, 04:25:17 PM »
I still can't reproduce this :(   If you don't mind trying some things to figure out this bug, could you try creating a new game and see if it's the same in that game?   Can you tell me exactly what UI elements you're clicking on and/or what keys you're pressing from the moment you run the program to reproduce this, using the file you uploaded?
I started a game from scratch as well as starting that active game and in both cases, it works. So it must be something that happens because of gameplay. I'll try to narrow it down.

Awesome! Found the bug and fixed it, thanks for the save file.  (Some of the checkboxes and the rest of the map were recursively refreshing each other)

V176: I can't move systems around in the galactic map. When I have moved a system and want to move the next, the former is reset to its former position.

Edit: Isn't reproduceable. Maybe the same source error as the other thing... strange, strange...

This will only happen when you're displaying distances to displayed system.  You'll have to either hide the distances while you reposition things, or re-save positions after moving each system.

Looks like "Mineral text" is bugged and wont update after swapping system through the system map:

Fixed.  I still had Mr. Maekler's file loaded while I was checking this out and fixed another bug where duplicate rows were being displayed in this tab as well :)

--

Fixes are in version 177 which is now live.

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline trabber Shir

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2021, 05:49:35 PM »
Pops that have orbital miners in orbit but not assigned to them display wrong in the populated systems list on the economics window in V177. Specifically, they get categorized under "Automated Mining Colonies" and show the number of miners in orbit as part of their name ("Neujmin - Human - TR+3: 100x Orb Mines").

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2021, 03:27:07 PM »

Fixed.  I still had Mr. Maekler's file loaded while I was checking this out and fixed another bug where duplicate rows were being displayed in this tab as well :)

Nice work! I saw the duplicates as well but didn't have time to report it before it was fixed, so can confirm that was a bug.

Another duplicate seems to be present somewhere in system generation naming or in the systems view:

https://i.imgur.com/UkOQASo.png

Offline shepard1707

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #155 on: October 08, 2021, 04:20:37 PM »
For some unknowable reason I find that the game is not letting me interact with it.  The system map window won't let me zoom or pan the view.  Time also does not seem to progress when I hit the time control buttons.  I thought it might be a problem with the save game, but I can't seem to pull up a new one, either, it simply does not progress to the next window when I hit 'create game'.  Nor does it allow me to delete the game.  I'm really rather quite boggled by it.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #156 on: October 09, 2021, 02:36:58 PM »
Is anyone else encountering issues with nothing happening when giving orders to repair ships to shipyards? ( No error, but also no ship repair task appearing ).

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #157 on: October 09, 2021, 02:46:06 PM »
V176: It looks like that the number of free research labs is checked before parts of the labs are transported away by civilians. So even if already half of a lab is packed and in flight the research tab still says that it has one free unused lab and sends a warning.

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #158 on: October 09, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »
Pops that have orbital miners in orbit but not assigned to them display wrong in the populated systems list on the economics window in V177. Specifically, they get categorized under "Automated Mining Colonies" and show the number of miners in orbit as part of their name ("Neujmin - Human - TR+3: 100x Orb Mines").

Added to "to-do" list for next version :)

Another duplicate seems to be present somewhere in system generation naming or in the systems view:

https://i.imgur.com/UkOQASo.png

Can you mouse over the names of those moons to see the full name?  I bet those are moons 10-19 and 20-29 and just getting clipped.

For some unknowable reason I find that the game is not letting me interact with it.  The system map window won't let me zoom or pan the view.  Time also does not seem to progress when I hit the time control buttons.  I thought it might be a problem with the save game, but I can't seem to pull up a new one, either, it simply does not progress to the next window when I hit 'create game'.  Nor does it allow me to delete the game.  I'm really rather quite boggled by it.

It sounds like the game is unable to write to the save file.  Can you please try deleting it then starting the game again?  On windows it's located at %appdata%/Godot/app_userdata/Quasar4x/quasar4x.sqlite

V176: It looks like that the number of free research labs is checked before parts of the labs are transported away by civilians. So even if already half of a lab is packed and in flight the research tab still says that it has one free unused lab and sends a warning.

Yes, it's a workflow I need to improve.  I've been turning off the interrupt for Inactive Labs (events window > manage interrupts) and disabling the warning popup (quasar4x > settings) when moving research labs around. 

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2021, 04:05:17 AM »
V176: Messages in cycled moves seem to get lost after saving a game. The fleet "zzz_FH Jupiter TK(c)" should just have sent a message to the log, but there is none. I know it worked previously, but I don't remember receiving that message after I restarted the game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14BXilNaAIy_KvZWkHFYTJjERXvH_9Xbu/view?usp=sharing

PS-QoL: if we could edit a message, that would be awesome  ;D

Offline shepard1707

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2021, 04:12:29 AM »
Quote from: Kyle link=topic=12665. msg155904#msg155904 date=1633818288

Quote from: shepard1707 link=topic=12665. msg155878#msg155878 date=1633728037
For some unknowable reason I find that the game is not letting me interact with it.   The system map window won't let me zoom or pan the view.   Time also does not seem to progress when I hit the time control buttons.   I thought it might be a problem with the save game, but I can't seem to pull up a new one, either, it simply does not progress to the next window when I hit 'create game'.   Nor does it allow me to delete the game.   I'm really rather quite boggled by it. 

It sounds like the game is unable to write to the save file.   Can you please try deleting it then starting the game again?  On windows it's located at %appdata%/Godot/app_userdata/Quasar4x/quasar4x. sqlite

That did the trick, thank you.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2021, 10:35:43 AM »
Can you mouse over the names of those moons to see the full name?  I bet those are moons 10-19 and 20-29 and just getting clipped.

You are of course correct, thanks. I now feel stupid  ;D  Or perhaps also a bit lazy in assuming all UIs should be using the standard "lorem ipsu..." nomenclature of 3 dots whenever the full name can't fit  ::)

Unrelated I found something else that seemed odd. A NPR that spawned on a methane world with an atmosphere of 79% methane, 16% Nitrogen and 5% Ammonia seemed very weak, and apparently they suffered 2.0 colony cost on their homeworld leading to only 9 million surviving ( of the approximately 400 million starting pop based on my starting pop and 100% difficulty ).

Based on their tolerance and homeworld 79% of 0.182 pressure seems to match 0.144 Ideal Methane Content, so perhaps the Ammonia being the Dangerous Gas might be the culprit here.

https://i.imgur.com/MPWQS2w.png
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 01:06:39 PM by alex_brunius »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2021, 01:50:34 PM »
V176: Cannot pin it 100%, but it looks like that some data gets lost when you transfer a research facility to another planet and the installation is half here and half sere, then leave the game and continue later. After continuation, the parts not underway are still in the civilian contracts view as supply and demand, but when you look with SM into the planet values, there are no partial numbers. Can't reproduce it every time, but someplace in that area something fishy is going on... .

Offline Kyle (OP)

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #163 on: October 13, 2021, 06:33:27 AM »

Fixed in v178

Is anyone else encountering issues with nothing happening when giving orders to repair ships to shipyards? ( No error, but also no ship repair task appearing ).

Fixed in v178

V176: Messages in cycled moves seem to get lost after saving a game. The fleet "zzz_FH Jupiter TK(c)" should just have sent a message to the log, but there is none. I know it worked previously, but I don't remember receiving that message after I restarted the game.

PS-QoL: if we could edit a message, that would be awesome  ;D

Fixed in v178  (agreed on QoL, may add at some point)

You are of course correct, thanks. I now feel stupid  ;D  Or perhaps also a bit lazy in assuming all UIs should be using the standard "lorem ipsu..." nomenclature of 3 dots whenever the full name can't fit  ::)

Unrelated I found something else that seemed odd. A NPR that spawned on a methane world with an atmosphere of 79% methane, 16% Nitrogen and 5% Ammonia seemed very weak, and apparently they suffered 2.0 colony cost on their homeworld leading to only 9 million surviving ( of the approximately 400 million starting pop based on my starting pop and 100% difficulty ).

Based on their tolerance and homeworld 79% of 0.182 pressure seems to match 0.144 Ideal Methane Content, so perhaps the Ammonia being the Dangerous Gas might be the culprit here.

https://i.imgur.com/MPWQS2w.png

Fixed in v178.  Good find on the dangerous gas being the culprit for a mysteriously weak NPR!  The query for dangerous gasses in this routine was checking whether "Gases.Dangerous = 1" in the db when it should have checked for "Gases.Dangerous > 0".

V176: Cannot pin it 100%, but it looks like that some data gets lost when you transfer a research facility to another planet and the installation is half here and half sere, then leave the game and continue later. After continuation, the parts not underway are still in the civilian contracts view as supply and demand, but when you look with SM into the planet values, there are no partial numbers. Can't reproduce it every time, but someplace in that area something fishy is going on... .

I can't think what this could be.  The only clue I can give is that nothing is stored in memory such that an unexpected close of the program would cause data to get lost.  You can even abort the program while a long turn is processing without corrupting the database or leaving it in a "halfway" state. 

There is a possibility that you do an action in the UI that doesn't auto refresh the information you see in a different area of the UI (which would be a bug I should fix).  So when you restart the game, you are effectively just refreshing the data you see.  In which case, you don't need to restart the program to try reproducing the bug, you can just click Refresh All on the F3 window.  Let me know if you find anything!

--

Version 178 is available now.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #164 on: October 13, 2021, 12:12:11 PM »
V178: System Generation and Display - When you select "Minerals" so only bodies with minerals are shown, it doesn't matter what option you select for moons - they are never shown - even if they have minerals on them.

Send messages by a cycled fleet seem to reset the current speed back to maximum.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 01:20:49 PM by TMaekler »