Author Topic: Deativating NPR generation in the game settings is bugged in 1.13  (Read 1804 times)

Offline kilo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • k
I resumed my low research rate game at a point in time when the swarm did not exist and deactivated all new species creation in the game settings, saved the setting and the game and went on. This went pretty well until now. The game created a new species with a single planet and 3 billion souls on it as a secondary player race. I have no idea what went wrong this time.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: Deativating NPR generation in the game settings is bugged in 1.13
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 10:12:05 AM »
Can you attach a screenshot/capture of the updated game settings? In case there is a possibility that something was missed.

Are there any NPRs currently existing in your game?

Offline kilo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 12:53:26 PM »
Sure... I am doing it right now.

PS: I might have found it. There is a generation chance and they are not generated as  NPRs and they become therefore be player races?

PPS: my save indicates that there is an invader race. This does not have any stuff. These should not have been generated, right?

Offline Drakale

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 01:02:45 PM »
I am not sure I understand you problem right, but that setting(NPR generation chance by player) just mean in this instance that upon a player controlled race discovering a new system wit ha valid world there is this % of chance of generating a new AI controlled NPR. So it is working as intended that you are still generating new NPR by exploring. The other setting at 0(NPR generation chance by NPR) mean that other NPR will not themselves 'activate' new NPR through their own exploration. Sorry if I misunderstood your issue.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 01:15:13 PM »
Generate New Race as NPR checkbox is not selected, so all newly generated races will be player controlled.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 01:22:08 PM »
PS: I might have found it. There is a generation chance and they are not generated as  NPRs and they become therefore be player races?

Yes, this is it. No bug, just need to set the generation chances to 0 in addition to the rest.

PPS: my save indicates that there is an invader race. This does not have any stuff. These should not have been generated, right?

Invaders and Precursors are always generated in every save, even if you do not turn them on since you could turn them on later and those races must exist if you do. The reason for this is that these spoiler races are always the same in every game, while Swarm and Rakhas are generated separately each time they are encountered and I believe have their own race-specific tech progression.

Offline kilo (OP)

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »
Yeah I was under the impression that a new race would always created as a NPR and deactivating this would deactivate NPR generation.... I should sometimes use my brain I guess.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »
I should sometimes use my brain I guess.

Where's the fun in that?  :P